Our client, West Fraser was founded in 1955 when three brothers – Sam, Bill, and Pete Ketcham – pooled their resources to buy a small planing mill in Quesnel, B.C. The sweat and hard work of three young men, along with a founding group of pioneering employees, have laid the foundation for the Company, West Fraser, that thrives to this day. More than six decades later, the Company has grown from the original 12-person crew at Two Mile Flat to be the largest lumber producer in North America.
West Fraser’s heritage is a story about people who came together to build so much more than those three young men imagined was possible. Today, they remain anchored by these early core beliefs that stand the test of time:
- cost control in all aspects of the business
- efficient, modern mills
- responsibility and leadership in environmental performance
- the active involvement of employees in the business
- a relentless pursuit of excellence in everything we do
West Fraser has grown to be one of the world’s largest lumber producers, is a leading diversified forest products company, and has been rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for eight years. West Fraser is an established leader in sustainable forestry, high-efficiency wood product production, and innovative manufacturing. They are committed to a responsible stewardship of the environment and have also been recognized as:
- one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For in 2014
- a Top Employer for Young People five times
- a B.C. Top Employer six times
- a Best Employer for Recent Graduates twice
- two-time winner of the Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award.
West Fraser takes pride in what they do and in who they hire. Many of their employees have grown right at their side and have built their careers with them.
For further information on West Fraser, please visit their website at www.westfraser.com