Our client, Kicking Horse Coffee Co. Ltd., has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work for multiple years. Founded and nestled in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains, the scenic valley of Invermere, British Columbia, Kicking Horse Coffee prides themselves in being a fast-growing company, with a kick-ass culture that currently employs over 110 people in a 66,000-square foot roasting and packing facility. Their question to the world is, “How will you wake up and kick ass with us?”
As Canada’s #1 leader in selling whole bean organic coffee for over 25 years; they are experiencing gains in premium and natural markets keeping their brand sophisticated and versatile, yet accessible and approachable. All their coffee is 100% Organic and Fairtrade, roasted right in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Kicking Horse Coffee is now partially owned by Lavazza, an Italian global coffee manufacturer operated by third and fourth generations of the Lavazza family.
With a reputation renowned for their superior, consistent taste Kicking Horse Coffee is respected for their relentless commitment to good and sustainable practices; for example their Kick Ass blend was named Canada’s Fairtrade Product of the Year in 2016. Kicking Horse Coffee customers are loyal, fervent and demand goodness in every cup for it’s all deep, dark, and delicious, roasted coffee products.
Employees of Kicking Horse Coffee live the core values, referred to as Spirit, in every aspect of their operation. Their values are their roadmap for decision making and their guidebook for behaviour. They are their mantra; its how they wake up and kick ass everyday.
Awake: Stay curious, learn, learn, learn. Know that the world impacts our story, and that our story impacts the world. To be awake is to consider everyone in our story.
Courageous: Be bold. Speak up. Have confidence to be the best. Never settle for less. Contribute to a culture of inquiry. Ask questions. To be courageous is to lead with the heart, to the core.
Intentional: Everything with a plan. Keep thinking, improving. Anticipate next steps and actions. Examine and curate every part of experience. Make thoughtful decisions: that’s how we get good – even great. Our story is the product of a thousand small gestures. Do every little thing with good intention.
Sophisticated: Refined, yet welcoming. Dignity strengthened with humbleness. Distinguished yet approachable. Strength, with grace. Seek simplicity. Scorn mediocrity. Source the best. Intention with sophistication creates outstanding experiences.
Love: Passion beyond ourselves. Seeking connection. A whole-hearted presence. A celebration of life.
Living in Invermere, British Columbia – The Columbia Valley
Known as “The Valley of a Thousand Peaks”, the Columbia Valley is located between the Rocky Mountains and the Purcell Mountain Range in British Columbia’s Kootenay-Rockies region and is on Mountain Time
- Population of over 9,000 permanent and 20,000 seasonal residents.
- Canadian Rockies International Airport within 1.5-hour drive (140 km).
Lifestyle & Recreation:
- Natural and recreational attractions including Kootenay National Park, Lakes Windermere and Columbia, the Purcell and Rocky Mountain ranges, the mighty Columbia River, and the largest continuous wetlands in North America.
- Unlimited year-round outdoor recreation including Nordic and downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, mountaineering, white-water rafting, snowmobiling, and bird watching.
- Lake Windermere Whiteway – a 35 km groomed track that is a paradise for skaters and skiers and creates a recreation area used by anglers, curling bonspiels, hockey tournaments and more.
- Championship golfing with 15 courses located within the region.
- Check out these links for a peek at summer and winter activities:
- Glacier: The Hiker’s National Park – Ultimate Guide – YouTube: Ultimate Guide By Steve Salis
- World’s Longest Ice Skating Trail – The Whiteway – Take Me – Bing video: Take me There
Education & Health Care:
Post-secondary education is available through College of the Rockies; excellent pre-schools and public schools serve all communities. Accessible health care with Invermere & District Hospital serving the Columbia Valley and family doctors available for new residents.
For more information visit: