McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association (McMan) is a province-wide registered charity and not-for-profit human services Agency with services offered in four regions (Edmonton and North, Central, Calgary and South). Since opening its first program in Edmonton in 1975 McMan has grown and evolved into a dynamic not- for-profit social service Agency that provides a comprehensive range of programs. McMan is a well- respected organization and has earned a solid reputation as a responsive, highly competent, and innovative partner in service delivery.
Each Region is governed by a Board of Directors and managed by an Executive Director and leadership team. McMan Edmonton and North Region includes:
- A 7 to 10-member governance Board of Directors.
- Annual operating revenues exceeding $44 million, with funding mainly from the Government of Alberta, supplemented by limited fundraising and donations.
- A stable foundation of programs and history of funding from Alberta Children’s Services, Alberta Community and Social Services and other partners.
- A reputation for service innovation and strong community partnerships.
- An employee complement of approximately 730 professionals who provide services to youth, families, and persons with disabilities in Edmonton and northern Alberta.
- Several owned and leased facilities.
In 2023, McMan provided services to approximately 1,850 people in the cities and communities of Edmonton, Bonnyville, Paul First Nation, Enoch Cree Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux First Nation, Edson, Hinton, Grande Cache, Whitecourt, Athabasca, Barrhead, Grande Prairie, and Fort McMurray. McMan’s two major service offerings are services to children and families and services to people with disabilities including:
- Serving adults with disabilities in shared living settings, supported independent living programs and day programs.
- Providing programs for children and youth who can’t live with their own families including foster care, group care and supported independent living.
- Offering family programs that help parents care for their own children.
- Delivering specialized programs that support youth and adults.
McMan’s Mission: To support and encourage individuals and families to achieve their full potential as members of their community.
McMan’s Values: McMan is proud to uphold the following values in interactions with all stakeholders: Commitment, Trust, Empathy, Respect and Genuineness.