Job ID 5306
Our client, Business in Edmonton Magazine is a one of its kind providing the business community with information, knowledge, trends, and communication while also profiling local business through editorial and advertising opportunities. Their monthly publication is heading into its 10th year providing top-quality printed and online products. Business in Edmonton has strong community partnerships with the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, Junior Achievement Northern Alberta & NWT, Explore Edmonton, Business Council of Alberta and more.
The publication delivers intelligent, dynamic articles revolving around the people, trends and events that drive Edmonton’s growth and success. Business in Edmonton is delivered to 27,000 businesses and Edmonton Chamber members in Edmonton and the surrounding communities of Nisku/Leduc, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Fort Saskatchewan and Stony Plain. Affiliated with Business in Calgary, our client is a leader in Alberta in publishing and content sharing.
With a strong focus on the stories and visions of local entrepreneurs and featuring the drivers of the local economy in energy, real estate, technology, investment and manufacturing, Business in Edmonton highlight’s the diverse elements that make Edmonton a great place to live and work. Editorial content includes stories on the education, arts and culture, human resources, and leadership sectors, among others, with opinion-editorial pieces offering the readers balanced and informative views on the political scene as it relates to the business community.
For further information on Business in Edmonton, please visit their website at www.businessinedmonton.com.
The Account Manager will report directly to the Associate Publisher and is responsible for Edmonton and Area sales and development initiatives for the publication. The successful individual will be accountable for the overall sales, margin, and revenue drivers for the company’s overall business strategy. The Account Manager will manage an account list of current clients as well as identify and achieve new business targets. This is a unique opportunity in that the Account Manager will be fully engaged in the Edmonton and area business community. The Account Manager will be responsible for engaging with local businesses, understanding their advertising, and marketing needs, identifying opportunities to profile new businesses in the community, share market knowledge with the publishing team and sell advertising opportunity in Business in Edmonton magazine. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right attitude looking to start their career in advertising sales.
Account Management & Growth (40%)
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within an existing account base.
- Identify opportunities within accounts for business profiling, advertising sales, and gala sponsorship.
- Manage and execute advertising campaigns and business profiles to meet client needs.
- Consult with clients on design and implementation of advertising.
- Monitor client’s on-going business changes, growth, anniversaries for opportunity to profile their business in the publication.
- Execute on sales strategy ensuring to meet monthly sales targets.
- Conduct meetings with clients to build relationships, communicate, and inform on the status of their account and advertising initiatives.
- Identify accounts whose revenue my be shrinking to address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained.
New Business Development (60%)
- Network in market to learn of new businesses and opportunities for new customer activations.
- Establish relationships with new clients and maintain and nurture business opportunities.
- Manage and execute advertising campaigns and business profiles.
- Consult with clients on design and implementation of advertising.
- Network during conferences, meetings, galas with businesses in Edmonton and area with the goal of building the Business in Edmonton brand and in generating new business opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Given the importance of this role and its impact in achieving sales growth and targets for Business in Edmonton, the successful candidate should possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education preferred but not necessary. Attitude, a drive to learn and an excitement in building lasting client relations, will be accepted in lieu of education.
- 2- 5 years of experience in inside/outside sales and/or experience in a customer focused industry (ie. Hospitality) is ideal
- Advertising sales experience would be an asset.
- Opportunity exists for consideration if you have limited experience but have a great attitude, and a willingness to learn.
- Must have a desire for personal and team success.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Must be relationship focused, enjoy networking and building new connections.
- A diligent work ethic understanding that consistency and commitment will achieve results.
- A driven individual who values accountability and meeting sales goals.
- A “can-do” attitude where obstacles do not stop you but are seen as a challenge to overcome.
- Highly driven to success and results; while maintaining integrity and business ethics.
- Takes initiative and has a high level of ambition, motivation, and passion.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Willingness to learn new skills, bring an attitude that adds to team success.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Associate Publisher and Director of Custom Publishing to achieve monthly sales targets.
The successful candidate will receive a base salary, commission based on individual results and bonus based on team accomplishments. This is an “uncapped” compensation opportunity meaning the more you sell, the more you make with no limitations.
Edmonton, Alberta. You will work out of an Edmonton office and will be in your geographic territory with your clients on a regular basis. Minimal to no travel is expected with this role.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Business in Edmonton in the role of Account Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# ATPK-322286.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *