Job ID 717
Mayfield Management Group Ltd. has 27 years in the Property Management Industry and directly manages residential apartment and condominium properties with over 8000 doors. They are a fully licensed, registered, and bonded Real Estate Brokerage specializing in Property, Condominium, and Asset Management.
The senior management team have strong core values and are passionate about delivering world class service to their clients. They care about their people, culture and making a difference in the World. Recently under new ownership, Mayfield Management is striving towards a vision of significant growth, being a world class organization and being a leader in social responsibility. Mayfield’s goal is to be the “Google” of Property Management by enriching the lives of their employees and by supporting the communities in which they operate.
With current operations primarily focused in Alberta, Mayfield Management is growing across Canada and is looking for key leaders to join their team in their expansion efforts. Mayfield Management Group operates under the following mission, vision, and values:
To be the undisputed number one service provider in the property management industry by continuously exceeding all of our customers’ expectations.
To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
Everything we do is guided by our values:
- Do What’s Right with Integrity
- Deliver Results
- Get Things Done
- Continuously Improve
- Thought Leadership
- Energized Passion
For further information on Mayfield Management Group Ltd, please visit their website at www.mmgltd.com.
As the Accounting Manager for Mayfield Management Group, you will report into the Director of Finance and be a key member of the accounting & finance leadership team. While you have responsibility for leading and supporting the daily operations of the accounting department; you will also work closely with your peer, the Finance Manager to ensure the accounting and finance team are operating as an aligned, cohesive, and highly functional business unit.
The successful candidate will be accountable for oversight of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, along with hiring, coaching and performance management of a team of approximately 8 staff. You will ensure the day to day operations are being managed and that all accounting processes are being optimized. The successful individual will have the ability to lead with the “eagle” approach where you are able to operate at a high and strategic level diving down when needed to direct, mentor, teach and guide the team to excellence. One of the key initiatives in the first year will be to create process improvement and implement internal controls in each of your departments.
- Manage and oversee the A/R and A/P department by providing leadership, staff development and ensuring appropriate training is received;
- Continuously lead the improvement and development of processes;
- Manage the change in processes; along with a new culture of high performance and accountability through influencing, understanding, and teaching the team by demonstration of value through scalability;
- Ensure all processes are scalable to meet the growth strategy;
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting (internal and external);
- Participate in the daily tasks of the Accounting department with a strong “hands-on” approach when necessary;
- Delegate tasks with accountability and follow-up;
- Show a high level of ability in changing priorities with ease;
- Work with the new accounting system (MRI) and identify accounting process change that will align to the software system while bettering the organization;
- Collaborate with external auditors and regulatory bodies.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Process Improvements specific to:
- Purchase Orders
- A/P Cheques
This is a very important role that will impact individuals, processes, and the company overall in achieving the strategic objectives of Mayfield Management Group and in supporting their success and growth initiatives. It is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal profile:
- Post secondary education in Business Administration or Commerce with a focus on accounting is required;
- A professional accounting designation is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting management function is required;
- 1-2 years of leadership experience required with demonstrated ability to lead a team and get involved in the details when required;
- Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with the ethics and business integrity to work within these principles without stray;
- In-depth knowledge of all accounting functions;
- Strong knowledge of current Canadian accounting standards;
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of process improvement;
- A demonstrated ability to train, mentor and guide employees to always strive for better;
- An ability to delegate and hold team members accountable;
- An eye for detail and a meticulous and organized work style;
- A passion for problem solving;
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other financial software tools with an aptitude for learning new systems and software quickly (MRI);
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be well organized, and perform as a high-level contributor in a team setting.
- A continuous improvement mindset where you like to challenge the status quo;
- The ability to think critically with excellence in problem solving;
- A high level of accountability and a “no quit” attitude in challenging times;
- A confident individual with the ability to challenge based on fact-based data vs. opinion only;
- The ability to stay very focused on the goal and task at hand;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on multiple competing priorities;
- Holds themselves and their team highly accountable to their goals and initiatives;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- A team player that thinks “we” vs. “I” and takes pride in moving initiatives forward as a team;
- Very focused on “getting the job done” with quality results;
- Cost management conscious;
- Good with negotiations and influencing teams;
- Builds trust through good people skills;
- Operates with high integrity, a strong work ethic and with care;
- Can be flexible and work in a fast-paced.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Mayfield Management Group in the role of the Accounting Manager please email your resume to Lisa Goddard at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # AUPM-130458
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Lisa Goddard at 587-200-0114 ext. 102 or Terri Davis at ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
**Due to high volumes of applicants, please note that only candidates being considered for the role will be contacted. We thank all individuals for your interest and we look forward to considering your application. **