Job ID 6014
Kemway Builders Inc. has been operating within the Edmonton market since 1990. A leader within the construction industry and operating as a General Contractor, our client takes pride in being a design builder that focuses on delivering a best-in-class client experience. Traditionally, the business has operated in the markets of commercial construction and light industrial warehousing. With targeted growth plans and a passion to drive success, our client looks to its team for creativity and ingenuity in leading the way towards its growth goals.
Kemway has built its business based on recognizing that success is achieved when everyone works together as a team. With a reputation for integrity and quality, they have been in steady growth for the past three decades and have been recognized for this contribution by being the recipient of the 2015 and 2016 Contractor of the Year Award. Their success has been created with highly talented people thriving in a values based culture. Supporting our strong company culture and staying true to their values guides their strategic growth initiatives.
Vision and Strategy
For more information, please visit http://kemway.com.
The Business Development Manager reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and will work closely with senior management to identify and pursue leads within the target market; pursue referral opportunities; and create a robust sales strategy to develop new business. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for representing and creating awareness and exposure for the Kemway brand; building strong relationships with potential clients and influencers in the market; creating new opportunities for business; and collaborating with the Kemway team to successfully close new business.
Kemway Builders Inc. is committed to supporting the successful candidate in creating and sustaining success in the role of Business Development Manager through regular support and coaching with senior leadership; access to professional sales training; access to Customer Relationship Management software; strong administrative support; and a company wide sales culture.
At Kemway the customer experience is paramount to success and with that, this position maintains excellent communication, relationships between all parties, adheres to organizational policies, and maintains a strong commitment to Kemway’s safety program. The Business Development Manager represents and promotes the company and its core values with serving, caring and integrity.
Business Development & Client Relationship Management
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and senior management to execute strategies designed to grow business.
- Identify influencers in key markets for business development efforts.
- Generate new leads and cold calling.
- Develop strong customer relations with decision makers and influencers in identified key markets, with the intent to generate new opportunities to compete for business, gain customer intelligence on their needs, and to increase sales.
- Your time will be spent aligning yourself with influencers in the market such as architects, real-estate developers and commercial realtors.
- Build and execute on sales strategies for market penetration.
- Create and close opportunities for Kemway to compete for new business and projects.
- Sell the overall company services including commercial construction, tenant leasehold improvements, and new services introduced by the organization.
- Plan strategies for and attend industry networking events.
- Identify branding opportunities to bring Kemway into a more recognized position in the market.
- Build sales territory where the Kemway brand is not yet known.
- Collaborate with and provide insight to the Kemway team on digital marketing strategies, requests for proposals, and the creation of high-performance bid packages.
- Complete Sandler’s Sales Training and implement the Sandler sales methods and behaviours.
- Support the organization in building out a robust CRM database and culture.
- Assist with other operational needs when requested.
- Most business development activity will occur in the Edmonton and surrounding area; however, targeted opportunities may exist to pursue projects outside of our current geographical trading area.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Learn and adopt the Sandler sales method and strategies.
- Build and follow both company and individual sales plans – achieving the sales metrics, revenue and new business development targets created in collaboration with senior management.
- Demonstrate success in closing on opportunities for the company to compete for business.
- Demonstrate success in identifying and creating relationships with decision makers and influencers in the target markets.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the Kemway team.
Given the pivotal role this individual will play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary education in Business or a related field considered an asset.
- Commitment to professional development through continuous learning.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience with a background related to the construction sector. It would be an added benefit having experience selling to architects, commercial realtors, real-estate developers, and other related client groups.
- Experience building and achieving sales revenue annual plans.
- Previous recognition in the sales industry through awards or promotions is an asset.
- Proven track record of building sales territories where company brand is underrepresented.
- A proven record of accomplishment, driving results, and overcoming adversity.
- Experience generating new leads and cold calling.
- Experienced in attending networking events.
- Knowledge and experience in building sales strategies.
- Basic MS Word, Outlook, and Excel experience.
- Experienced in using CRM software.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Ability to operate with high integrity, a strong work ethic and with care.
- Proven ability to regularly close business.
- Ability to seek out decision makers and form effective business relationships.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment where diverse business requirements may occur.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Passionate about the construction industry
- Highly intelligent
- Successful mindset
- Strong self-awareness
- Positive attitude and energy
- Relationship builder
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- A continuous improvement mindset where you like to challenge the status quo
- A team player that thinks “we” vs. “I” and takes pride in moving initiatives forward as a team
- Cost management conscious
- A skilled negotiator
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate, including a strong base salary with variable compensation package.
A combination of in office, as well as a significant amount of time travelling throughout the Greater Edmonton Region.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Kemway Builders in the role of Business Development Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ACTY-248401.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *