Job ID 7120
Canada’s Medical Clinic (CMC) was started by an entrepreneur who realized that more than 12 million Canadians did not have a doctor. With careful consideration and an innovative operational plan to attract new doctors, to develop students and to provide support to international doctors entering Canada, Canada’s Medical Clinic was started to solve this crisis level problem. At CMC, Family Practitioners are afforded professional/personal balance, state of the art equipment, administration support, and a profit-sharing compensation model that values them as professionals for today and into their future creating a winning solution for all Canadians and the medical profession.
At Canada’s Medical Clinic, the goal is to improve the health and well-being of Canadians by delivering exceptional healthcare services. They are dedicated to staying at the forefront of medical advancements, continuously investing in training, technology, and research. Their focus is on providing exceptional service and experience which exceeds their patients’ expectations. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, regulatory requirements, patient safety and confidentiality, Canada’s Medical Clinic is engaged in the solution.
To establish the largest network of clinics across Canada, allowing every Canadian the basic human right, of the ability to visit their own doctor whenever they need to, regardless of their location.
To provide every Canadian with a doctor to call their own, allowing all Canadians to take full advantage of early detection, as well as the latest advancements in technology and treatment, so they can lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
For further information on Canada’s Medical Clinic, please visit their website at https://canadasmedicalclinic.com/.
As the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will report to the Founder and be at the forefront of shaping the company’s future. You will play a pivotal role in defining and executing the strategic vision, establishing foundational processes, and driving the expansion of the business to a national scale. You will be joining a business that is operational and has started its expansion process in which you will commence building the executive team to support the fast-paced growth that the organization is experiencing. You will work alongside the Founder in leading the growth strategy including acquisitions, integration and the investment strategy for funding such growth.
Strategy Development & Execution:
- Develop a comprehensive and forward-thinking strategic plan to guide the company’s growth.
- Implement strategies that align with the company’s mission and vision.
- Build the operational blueprint for scalability.
- Continuously assess market trends and competitor activities to identify opportunities and threats.
- Oversees financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting including developing the annual budget supported by strategies for increasing revenue, growth, and organizational sustainability; ensuring resources are properly allocated.
- Ensures the company’s financial health by optimizing resource allocation and monitoring key financial metrics.
- Drives profitability through effective cost management and revenue generation strategies.
- Reviews financial statements evaluating operational and financial performance to determine progress and status in achieving objectives, revising objectives and plans according to current conditions.
- Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and operating expenses are controlled within budget.
- Works with the CFO to identify variances and performance optimization developing strategies for increase financial performance of the operations.
- Identify and evaluate potential risk to the business taking measures to minimize and mitigate risks.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to safeguard the company’s interests.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Ensures the executive and organization has appropriate and adequate insurance coverage including Liability Insurance, Commercial Liability Insurance, Crime Insurance and Errors & Omissions Insurance.
- Ensures the Executive understand the terms, conditions, and limitations of the insurance coverage.
Team Leadership & Development:
- Build and lead a high-performing executive team, providing clear direction, guidance, and accountability.
- Foster a positive and collaborative organizational culture that is purpose-driven.
- Invest in the professional development of team members to drive individual and collective success.
Operational Excellence & Facilities Management:
- Oversee management of facilities and operations until a COO is hired.
- Build the operational foundation ensuring standard operating procedures are documented with systems in place to allow for national scalability.
- Implement best practices to streamline workflows and improve overall organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure the facility’s physical environment meet all health and safety requirements and are managed in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Identify and evaluate information technology (IT) requirements to support growth.
- Source, negotiate and manage contracts with vendors/suppliers.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, anything is possible, and customer centricity.
- Oversee people and culture until a Human Resources executive is hired.
- Provide direction and human resources (HR) management to all team members with respect to organizational structure, recruitment and selection, onboarding and orientation, professional development, employee relations and motivation, performance management and evaluation (including discipline and terminations), compensation, occupational health and safety, human resources policies and procedures.
Investor & Stakeholder Relations:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with investors, partners, and key stakeholders.
- Regularly communicates with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization.
- Represent CMC at external forums and industry events alongside the Founder.
- Develop and execute a scalable business model to facilitate national expansion.
- Evaluate and pursue strategic partnerships, acquisitions, and alliances to support growth objectives.
- Lead the entry into new markets while maintaining a focus on brand integrity and customer satisfaction.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Create the operational foundation documenting standard operating procedures to allow for scalability of the operation nationally.
- Initiate the province-wide medical student scholarship program providing incentive for medical students to enter family practice residency.
- Establish the International Medical Graduate (IMG) hotline and call center building a well-functioning and operational division of CMC.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the business and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- To be considered for the CEO position, there is an investment requirement in which you will receive an equity percentage of the business.
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field would be preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership capacity with 5 years operating as a CEO or COO in an organization.
- Experienced in taking an organization public would be an asset.
- Financial acumen and experience in managing budgets and financial performance.
- Demonstrated experience in scaling an organization an asset.
- Experience in acquisitions and integration would be valuable.
- Experience in the health industry or a related field would be an asset but not a requirement.
- Experience in managing a variety of investors and stakeholders.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong, demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading an organization through growth.
- Experience in reporting to investors and stakeholders a benefit.
- A strong networker who can build relationships and open doors with key stakeholders including business, government, and investors.
- A driver who can take a vision and strategic plan and put it into action providing clear direction, communication, and accountability to the internal team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges in a high growth, fast-paced operation.
- Commitment to high ethical standards.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Highly accountable with a passion to drive and build.
- Innovative and can think outside the box.
- Has grit – no problem is too big to overcome.
- Shows strength, resiliency, and calmness when emotions are high.
- Builds trust with credibility in knowledge, demonstrated results and by being accountable to your word.
- Is purpose driven and sees the value in helping individuals and community.
- Highly respectful of others.
- Displays ethical leadership.
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills.
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
- Positive – operates viewing the glass half full.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Consideration will be made for individuals to work remotely and reside outside of Edmonton, AB with a requirement to travel to Edmonton when needed.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Canada’s Medical Clinic in the role of Chief Executive Officer, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AHOT-887753.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101 or at email@example.com.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *