Job ID 7122
Canada’s Medical Clinic (CMC) was started by an entrepreneur who realized that more than 12 million Canadians did not have a doctor. With careful consideration and an innovative operational plan to attract new doctors, to develop students and to provide support to international doctors entering Canada, Canada’s Medical Clinic was started to solve this crisis level problem. At CMC, Family Practitioners are afforded professional/personal balance, state of the art equipment, administration support, and a profit-sharing compensation model that values them as professionals for today and into their future creating a winning solution for all Canadians and the medical profession.
At Canada’s Medical Clinic, the goal is to improve the health and well-being of Canadians by delivering exceptional healthcare services. They are dedicated to staying at the forefront of medical advancements, continuously investing in training, technology, and research. Their focus is on providing exceptional service and experience which exceeds their patients’ expectations. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, regulatory requirements, patient safety and confidentiality, Canada’s Medical Clinic is engaged in the solution.
To establish the largest network of clinics across Canada, allowing every Canadian the basic human right, of the ability to visit their own doctor whenever they need to, regardless of their location.
To provide every Canadian with a doctor to call their own, allowing all Canadians to take full advantage of early detection, as well as the latest advancements in technology and treatment, so they can lead healthy, fulfilling lives.
For further information on Canada’s Medical Clinic, please visit their website at https://canadasmedicalclinic.com/.
Canada’s Medical Clinic is seeking a strategic and hands-on Chief Financial Officer (CFO) that will partner with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to grow and establish the organization as a leader in the health industry. CMC is looking for an experienced financial leader who can drive financial strategy, ensure financial stability, contribute to the growth strategy and be a trusted advisor to the overall success of the company. The CFO will have full oversight and will lead CMC’s accounting and finance operations including creating the financial strategy and operations at a start-up level, hiring a team, building metrics tied to the strategy, creating control systems, and monitoring them to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. This position will be a trusted advisor to the CEO and will provide leadership in the delivery of financial management services to the organization and will plan, manage, and execute on initiatives to achieve key business objectives.
As a seasoned financial executive with a passion for driving success in a high-growth startup, the CFO will thrive in an environment where you are part of the build, you can roll up your sleeves and be operational while building your team and are the trusted advisor that provides due diligence and insight into growth strategies like acquisitions, and public offerings. You have experience in reporting to external auditors, banks, investors, and the shareholders of the business.
Strategy & Planning:
- As a partner to the business and part of the executive team, you share the responsibility of developing the growth strategy using financial acumen and knowledge to support growth plans.
- Participate in key decisions and collaborate with the executive team to support them ensuring financial alignment with the key strategies and growth of CMC.
- Build the financial strategy in support of the vision, mission and growth plans which may include financial modelling and forecasting.
- Build the operational budget alongside the CEO and executive team.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy; develop tools and reports to assess critical financial and operational information and actionable recommendations on strategy, operations, and financial performance to ownership.
- Partner with the CEO in evaluation, financial modeling, and due diligence of acquisition opportunities.
- Identify and present new opportunities to the executive team and ownership.
- Provide financial expertise and knowledge in mergers & acquisitions providing critical expertise in finance including, but not limited to, debt to equity financing strategy.
- Develop performance measures for finance that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Partner with the CEO in reporting financial results to ownership and investors on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Build and lead a high-potential and high-performing accounting & finance team and implement strategies for growth, driving enhanced economic value to the enterprise.
- Lead, motivate, and direct a team of professional staff who are committed to providing accurate, timely, and secure finance information to management, the executive, investors, and ownership.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and accountability.
- Implement and maintain robust financial systems and controls.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations, including accounting, payroll, and tax functions.
- Establish guidelines for budget, forecast preparation and capital requests, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with other members of the executive and ownership.
- Provide quarterly forward-looking forecasts inclusive of capital and operating needs.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all financial reporting including organization revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, implementing corrective actions by identifying profit improvement plans and revenue gaps, using financial data and reports.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process to ensure all deadlines are met, data accuracy is achieved, and all departments are working together.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain adequate controls and ensure they are being followed by verifying substantiating documentation.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Lead and manage the required annual audits including working paper preparation, analysis, research, and audit support meeting the required deadlines.
- Establish process rigor and controls as well as accountability for the delegations of authority with the business to ensure compliance.
- Ensure appropriate insurance coverage and that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Identify and assess financial risks, proposing and implementing mitigation strategies.
- Report risk issues to ownership and investors.
- Partner with the CEO to maintain relations with external auditors, banking relationships, and investors to address and mitigate areas of risk.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Work alongside the CEO and Founder in building the financial strategy and foundations to align to the high growth plans in scaling to a national organization.
- Create accounting & finance systems and processes, operating at a Controller level, until such time you have built your operational team.
- Build the accounting & finance team.
- Identify acquisition opportunities alongside the CEO and Founder, providing due diligence and financial support with acquisition.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the organization and in supporting its success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
To be considered for the CFO position, there is an investment requirement in which you will receive an equity percentage of the business.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business/Business Administration degree with a major in accounting & finance or similar post-secondary education a requirement.
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) considered an asset.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (or equivalent) in good standing.
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership capacity with 5 years operating as a CFO in an organization, or equivalent experience being considered.
- Experienced in mergers & acquisitions, financial modeling, analysis, and reporting.
- Experienced in taking an organization public would be an asset.
- Experienced in building strategic relationships and had reporting responsibility with investors, external stakeholders, banks, and ownership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading an organization through growth.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Growth-oriented and highly entrepreneurial with an understanding of how to impact and maximize short and long-term financial performance.
- Can operate at a strategic and operational level, getting “into the weeds” when required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Strong understanding of business, financial management, asset management and strategic planning.
- Executive level leadership and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem‐solving skills.
- A driver who can take a vision and financial plan and put it into action providing clear direction, communication, and accountability to the internal team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges in a startup organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Has passion for a greater purpose and supporting community.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Growth oriented.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Enjoys a fast-paced and high growth environment.
- Enjoys rolling up your sleeves and supporting the business at any level for what is required.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity displaying ethical leadership.
- Highly accountable with a passion to drive and build.
- Exceptional analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Highly respectful of others.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Innovative and can think outside the box.
- Has grit – no problem is too big to overcome.
- Shows strength, resiliency, and calmness when emotions are high.
- Builds trust with credibility in knowledge, demonstrated results and by being accountable to your word.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Consideration will be made for individuals to work remotely and reside outside of Edmonton, AB with a requirement to travel to Edmonton when needed.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Canada’s Medical Clinic in the role of Chief Financial Officer, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AOTL-052576.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *