Job ID 3443
Songistry Inc. is an AI powered data driven music technology company aimed at providing the best in class virtual and online tools for the entire music industry through its suite of services. Songistry is a frictionless discovery and licensing engine that democratizes access to tv/ film, advertising, and gaming licensing opportunities for music creators. Its workflows allow licensees to identify music with precision and accuracy using proprietary AI. The Company is currently supporting music creators in 19 countries and has executed a marketing partnership that will see the Company’s services introduced to 120 countries.
Songistry products include: MDIIO (pronounced MID-ee_oh), MDIIO/U, MDXO, and their new AI powered sync licensing search engine hyprAUDIO, which is the first of its kind AI powered search engine exclusively designed to connect buyers and sellers of music for the express intent of facilitating music discovery, licensing, and monetization of music for tv/ film, advertising, and gaming. Songistry is currently supporting music creators and libraries globally with approximately 100K ready to license copyrights.
For further information on MDIIO, please visit their website at https://www.wearemdiio.com/.
Songistry’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) plays a critical role in the company’s future success. The CTO must be a highly motivated self-starter who effectively manages the entire tech stack of MDIIO, potentially in conjunction with affiliated third parties. MDIIO is on a path to becoming the world’s largest online music copyright management and discovery/licensing platform powered by artificial intelligence.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will report to the CEO/President and the Vice President, Strategy & Operations and will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the organization, providing creative technology road mapping, and embodying strong leadership and mentorship of the development team. The CTO will ensure that all ML and software systems undergo sufficient research, designing, testing, implementation, and evaluation. Using effective communication and logical approaches, the CTO will direct the team in order to attain strategic goals. The CTO will work directly with management to ensure cohesion between business and technical goals.
- Contribute to formulating the strategic direction and goals of the organization.
- Lead the development team and execution of end-to-end proof of concept for leading edge machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, data mining and analytic focused systems and software development.
- Inspire creativity and innovation through leadership.
- Foster collaboration, learning, and a shared vision.
- Conduct technical reviews of products and solutions to evaluate their applicability.
- Leverage pre-existing technologies in new applications and situations.
- Identify and develop creative solutions to problems that may arise.
- Work with Project Managers, Scrum Teams, and other team members to design and develop software in a series of steps involving documentation, data structures and processes to meet designated needs.
- Design machine learning systems including research and implementation of ML algorithms, tools, and learning applications.
- Develop and enhance technology stack, lifecycle development, testing and deployment procedures.
- Integrate third party applications and fine-tune performance through development.
- Ensure quality of ML through research and testing.
- Understand and manipulate datasets to formulate prototypes.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technological performance metrics.
- Decide the methodology for approaching datasets and data representation.
- Effectively use statistical analysis methods.
- Train and retrain systems where applicable.
- Expand ML libraries and frameworks.
- Collaborate with others to architect appropriate solutions of scale for future growth and expansion.
- Perform other related duties as required.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Rebuild the technology stack and bring in phenomenal software developers.
- Develop metrics, alongside the leadership team, and effectively meet KPI’s demonstrating platform progress and success to all key stakeholders of the business.
- Demonstrate effective leadership by taking the lead to understand the market, competitors, future technology, top talent and bringing this insight forward to meet the strategic goals of the business.
- Build, develop and mentor a technology team that is second to none that brings innovation, new technology and thought leadership to the organization that is continually striving ahead of industry and competition.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or equivalent is an asset.
- Recent related experience in a start-up innovative organization.
- Experience leading or playing a key role in agile driven software development teams.
- Experience building enterprise level software with ecommerce marketplaces.
- Experience with delivering software – unit testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Full stack developer who is proficient in .NET, Angular, SQL, Azure, React, and WordPress.
- Experience with Python, the language of AI.
- Experience working with big data tools such as Keras or MongoDB.
- Background and/or showing learning progression in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning, with an understanding of key AI/ML tools, techniques, and methodologies, is an asset.
- Understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks and Audio Digital Signal Processing would be considered an asset.
- Experience in software engineering recruiting is an asset.
Competencies and Knowledge
- A driven leader who takes pride in leading technology, a team and being accountable to organizational progress towards strategic goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-founders, business analysts, and other stakeholders to plan and accomplish goals and execute strategic plan.
- Takes initiative and has a high level of ambition, motivation, and passion.
- Has a solid understanding of agile methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, resolve issues, and create a motivating and inspiring team culture.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Maintains a positive “can do” outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary agile driven team.
- Has a strong awareness of best practice development including Agile methodologies and scalability.
- Experience working in a start up innovative organization a strong asset.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Willing to step in and take the lead.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, where you roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Demonstrates GRIT pushing past obstacles with perseverance and persistence; no task is impossible.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Self-organized and strongly believe in software quality.
- Ensures the highest quality by following and improving processes and standards, using automated unit tests, continuous integration, and similar tools.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to be strategic while also digging into the business at a tactical level.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- A strong communicator that keeps customers, leadership and colleagues informed.
- Walks the talk, accountable to your word.
- A team player.
- A music lover is an asset
An excellent compensation package consists of a competitive salary, results driven bonuses, and options.
You will work virtually from a home-based office and must be available to travel periodically for leadership meetings, huddles, and events as required.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Songistry in the role of the Chief Technical Officer, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# ALET-228576.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *