Job ID 5942
Our client, Cornerstone Counselling was born in the basement of Bonnie Doon Baptist Church of Edmonton in 1977. It was founded by Reverend Dr. Ernest Runions and Dr. Doug Spinney who had a vision for a Christian counselling agency that could help people during life’s most difficult moments. They believed that by providing affordable and professional mental health care, people would heal and have better lifelong outcomes.
When people in the community learned that subsidized counselling services were available in the church, they started calling to ask if they too could receive this valuable help. The founders believed that everyone was worthy of love and acceptance, so they opened their doors to the community. Soon, the little counselling office was filled to capacity. It was quickly realized that they had tapped into a deep community need. They moved the counselling office out of the church and established it as an independent charity with a mission to serve the whole community by providing faith-based and secular counselling. Thanks to these early visionaries, Cornerstone has thrived and is continuing to help the next generation with compassionate mental health care.
Today, Cornerstone is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of subsidized counselling, psycho-educational workshops, and psychotherapy training in the Edmonton area. They serve the entire community from children as young as four years old to seniors and offer fee subsidies from their Way to Wellness Fund. Over the years, Cornerstone Counselling estimates that they have helped approximately 85,000 people improve their lives and find their way to wellness. For further information on Cornerstone Counselling, please visit their website at https://cornerstonecounselling.com/
The Clinical Supervisor will report to the Executive Director and is responsible for guidance, supervision and coaching of the clinical staff and clinical operations of the organization. Cornerstone Counselling has experienced rapid growth year over year and the Clinical Supervisor must be able to manage the growth of the organization. This role will consist of supervising counsellors and Provisionals, being available for consultations, evaluating staff and developing an overall training program. This is a part time role with the option to maintain one’s own practice and clients.
- Clinical Supervision of the therapists.
- Participate in hiring therapists.
- Provide supervision to all provisional psychologists.
- Facilitate monthly peer support learning meetings.
- Offer consultation to therapists on practice issues as needed.
- Monitor client needs and staff competencies and report any issues to Executive Director.
- Maintain an understanding of the College of Alberta Psychologists Standards of Practice and Ethics to ensure the organization and the therapists are compliant.
- Conduct annual evaluations of the therapists.
- Address any work performance issues with the clinical staff and respond as needed and inform the Executive Director as needed.
- Create a supportive culture that emphasizes the mission of the organization and promotes continuous professional growth and excellent client service. This will include building team identity with a focus on learning and peer support.
- Address client concerns or complaints that pertain to clinical issues.
- Supervision of the clinical aspects for the office.
- Meet with office staff as needed to discuss procedures that impact the clinical work.
- Monitor file compliance and ensure files are maintained in a correct and confidential manner.
- Address client concerns or complaints that pertain to process issues in the absence of or along with the Office Manager or Executive Director.
- Promotion of Cornerstone Counselling including understanding, supporting, and contributing to the strategic direction of the organization.
- Participate in promotional activities including speaking engagements or media events.
- Attend Cornerstone’s fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop strategies to promote and strengthen the organization.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build solid, trusting, respectful and collaborative relationships with the Cornerstone Counselling team.
- Be an advocate for the agency and be an integral part of continuing to build growth while making a real difference in peoples lives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the vision of Cornerstone Counselling and make counselling available to everyone and value every human being.
- Be a true visionary for your team.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Master’s degree in counselling
- Must be registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- 5+ years experience as a registered psychologist.
- Previous supervisor experience an asset
Competencies and Knowledge
- Comfortable with trauma work.
- Experience with adult and couple counselling.
- Strong leadership skills with ability and desire to coach and mentor.
- Strong organizational skills & capable of working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Great communication skills & an ability to work independently or within a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Takes initiative
- Leads by example
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- Enjoys problem solving and leading others through challenges
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Positive attitude and energy
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
On-site at the office with the ability to work remotely one day a week if desired.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Cornerstone Counselling in the role of Clinical Supervisor, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #ASSP-077830.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *