Job ID 2064
ProFound Talent Inc. is proud to be working with our client, All Weather Windows. Having started with a 9-person operation and a 10, 000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in 1978, they have grown to a national operation with over 800 in employees in Western Canada and awarded as a “Best Managed Company” for the past 10 years reaching platinum level in excellence. With their headquarters in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include two manufacturing plants located in Edmonton with Customer Solution Centres in Langley, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg.
In 2008, All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) was created to service its growth in large-scale commercial clients. Specializing in commercial glazing solutions, All Weather Windows Commercial provides a wide variety of products for high rises, commercial, retail store fronts, multi-unit residential structures, hospitality, industrial and more. The Commercial Division installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers.
In 2015 All Weather Windows purchased Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) and rebranded as All Weather Windows Glass which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications.
Why work with All Weather Windows?
Opportunity: AWW is a growing company, taking on bigger projects and creating opportunities for their employees. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies you can be assured that you are joining a stable employer that will be around for years to come.
Safety: All Weather Windows has obtained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Workers’ Compensation Board in Alberta and safety is their #1 priority.
Respect: They are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable workplace. Whether you are working in the office, shop or the field, you can expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
Community: At All Weather Windows, their vision is to improve the lives of families, one family at a time. They are about empowerment. They want to set individuals up for long term success by providing assistance to health and wellness initiatives, supporting students in their career specific studies, helping children and families below the poverty line, and by devoting time to aid in the construction of shelter for those in need. They have looked to their incredible community for support when they started and now it is their privilege to offer a helping hand.
Growth: All Weather Windows is continuing to grow and make change to thrive and be a leader in the Canadian market. With this comes opportunity to operate at a strategic level, to be involved in decisions and to be a part of the growth and build of the organization.
All Weather Windows Commercial, a division of All Weather Windows, provides the supply and installation of Glazed Aluminum Curtain Wall, Window Wall, and Commercial Storefront Entry Systems for commercial, industrial, storefront, and multi-unit residential apartment and hotel type construction projects.
Reporting to the Vice President Commercial Division, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful leadership, set-up, control, management, and operation of assigned projects while ensuring the safety of the manpower and the work. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the project is completed safely, on schedule and in compliance with the contract and job cost estimates.
Your direct leadership team will consist of Field Supervisors and Project Coordinators; along with an installation team and sub-contractors. You will be responsible for overseeing commercial projects that range in size from $1M to $10M as a sub-trade, being part of the larger commercial project managed by the General Contractor, valued as high as $100M. You are well versed in contract management, costing, team leadership and in working with General Contractors.
- Responsible for the financial success of the project and managing the project within the prescribed budgets and forecasts
- Establish customer relations and business opportunities as a representative of All Weather Windows Commercial
- Identify concerns as early as possible and alert management of possible risks or problems with the projects
- Monitor the overall progress of the project on an ongoing basis and take corrective action where necessary
- Ensure that the Change Management process is in place and functioning. Prepare budgets, forecast and reduce risk through managing scope and contract change
- Manage projects to ensure that implementation and related activities are carried out as defined by tendered scope of work
- Plan and develop methods and procedures for implementing projects to include timing, feasibility, design reviews, tooling/equipment, fabrication, and installation
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan
- Continually review project progress and adjust parameters if necessary, to steer the project to a successful completion
- Initiate the creation of shop drawings. Acquire and review signed shop drawings form the customer.
- Manage completion requests; ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt within a timely manner
- Co-ordinate with field supervisors for the allocation of manpower
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of All Weather Windows and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- Post-secondary education or training in engineering, construction management or a related discipline;
- Professional Engineering designation (P.Eng.) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience in a Project Management role
- Must have experience working for a General Contractor with the ideal candidate having experience in areas such as commercial, institutional, and/or mixed use residential projects
- Experience working on projects approximately $50 – 100 million in size/scope
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, including knowledge of Microsoft Project is mandatory
- Ability to create a comprehensive schedule
- Strong ability to manage and process change orders
- Experienced in dispute resolution (including non-compliance and claim reporting) and working/coordinating with other sub-contractors effectively
- Ability to administer subcontracts and contract documents
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem solving principles to construction challenges
- Understanding of decision-making authority and ability to present solutions
- Ability and flexibility to work in fast-paced environment overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and consultation with a variety of individuals / groups
- Proactive and service oriented
- Strong bias for action
- Proven business and leadership acumen
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and diverse business
- Able to adapt quickly and flex to a changing environment
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Strong ability to influence
- Excellent listening skills with ability to work collaboratively towards solutions
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including dispute resolution, and people management skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments and stakeholders
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Creative and innovative
- Results orientation and driven
- Ethics and integrity
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Calgary, Alberta – 1 role open
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join All Weather Windows in the role of the Project Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AGVO-473835 and stating if you are interested in the Calgary or Edmonton role.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *