Job ID 1341
ProFound Talent Inc. emerged from a dream and a belief by its Founder, Terri Davis, that we only have one life to live; and we need to live it with purpose and passion. With a desire to become an entrepreneur and with the dream to help organizations and individuals become more than they believed they could be, she left a stable career as a Partner at a national executive search firm to bring extraordinary talent management solutions to the market.
The ProFound story began in 2013 after a meeting with an executive. This executive questioned why search firms in Canada did not specialize in sport? This intrigued Terri to conduct further research to understand why the need for the specialization. Upon numerous conversations with executives in all industries, it was apparent that they did not require specialization, but they did want to be special. They wanted to be heard, they wanted a customized process unique to their needs and they wanted a quality result the first time! With industry and business becoming increasingly competitive, they were looking for ways to increase their competitive advantage through their people – their corporate talent.
With this in mind, Terri started her new venture in September 2016 to bring PROFOUND Talent Inc. to all organizations looking to elevate their game through their people. To accomplish this, she believed it equally important to work with individuals in identifying their passion, career vision and skill to give them the best opportunity to be extraordinary in their careers. ProFound Talent offers executive and professional level recruitment to businesses; career coaching and transition services to individuals.
Terri is a dreamer and a builder; so why stop there? Terri has continued to build on the ProFound concept serving the market in a disruptive manner that brings value, innovation and new concepts to our business customers and to the everyday person who needs more for their life and career. We are doing this through our “Attraction” strategy that helps businesses and consumers attract into their lives through our headhunting, coaching, marketing, video production and learning. The concept of ProFound Attraction was created to attract talent, customers, revenue and learning through ProFound Talent, ProFound Productions and ProFound TV.
For more information on ProFound Talent, ProFound Productions and ProFound TV, please visit the following websites:
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small”
– Richard Branson
ProFound Talent is a 3-year-old business with BIG DREAMS and aspirations! We are continuing to expand, diversify and disrupt our industry by listening to our clients and providing them with the forward-thinking solutions they desire. The opportunity for you is to be a part of this! Why wouldn’t you want to join a growing business that offers an entrepreneurial spirit, opportunity to be innovative and to be included in creating the vision?
As a Communications Specialist on our team, you will work alongside the Chief Brand Officer to build all communications content for the organization. Your communication pieces will drive brand presence and revenue for the organization. You will stay abreast of market trends, current events, employment news, and interesting information that brings new ideas forward to the markets in which we serve. This role will focus more on “story-telling” with some focus on report writing. Your work will be communicated over traditional platforms and on-line digital. Your writing skills will be used for a variety of purposes including blogs, resume writing, articles, speech and presentation content, newsletters, video content development, proposal writing, white papers, and book creation.
Whomever joins our organization must understand that we are an entrepreneurial organization where no job is beneath us. We flex to do what needs to get done and we have fun doing it! And in turn, we offer you flexibility in working hours to be the master of your domain.
- Monitor all government and public websites that post RFP’s for recruitment public tender and lead the proposal response process;
- Write and revise resumes as required;
- Work alongside the Chief Brand Officer to identify areas for marketing content creation; with full accountability to create interesting and compelling content for distribution;
- Research employment and business trends to create compelling and interesting articles that add value to our client’s experience;
- Provide video content ideas, suggestions and information to the CEO for production;
- Work alongside leadership to develop written templates for the business both internal and external;
- In connection with the Chief Brand Officer, create a public relations strategy and operationalize it;
- Keep daily awareness on the external brand reputation of ProFound Talent in the market maintaining a proactive approach to public relations;
- Build a revenue model for written communications under the direction of the Chief Brand Officer.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Learn the business with a focus on quality in all written communication;
- Support the business in driving revenue through communications by meeting all target timelines for resume development, proposal writing, digital content and revenue driven communication pieces;
- Create compelling, interesting and unique communication pieces that add value to our clients and pique the interest of consumers in market;
- Create and execute on a public relations strategy with the Chief Brand Officer;
- Accountable to your word, reliable and a self starter that communicates internally on the status of projects to build trust in the business relationship.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of ProFound Talent and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Communications, Public Relations and/or Journalism;
- 2-5 years of experience in working as a Communications Specialist with the ideal candidate having demonstrated track record in producing a variety of written communication pieces;
- Demonstrated experience in research to provide valid and interesting articles related to industry and/ or current events;
- Experience in operationalizing a public relations strategy would be ideal;
- The ability to interview and gather knowledge translating it into written word such as a resume, an article or a book;
- Experience in copywriting and editing would be an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders;
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities;
- Enjoys building relationships through one on one communication, can pick up the phone if needed for a conversation and doesn’t mind “old school” communication styles;
- A high level of curiosity with the genuine desire to ask questions and to learn about business and people;
- Exceptional communication skills of both the written and verbal word are mandatory;
- Needs to be resourceful; will research and dig for information when it is not readily available;
- Can multi-task and stay organized ensuring balls are not dropped and deadlines are met;
- Experience or a desire to operate in a start-up, entrepreneurial operation where policies, processes, and plans are limited; yet innovation and excitement are prominent;
- Put the ProFound Talent values including customer experience and quality first; knowing that revenue will be the result of your great communication;
- Live the value of accountability to our customers, our colleagues and our self; without accountability to our word, we have nothing – do what you say.
- Technological aptitude with experience in the full Microsoft Suite of products and digital on-line platforms.
- Must be able to work well under pressure;
- A self starter that is highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Above average communication skills including written and verbal;
- Must be able to wear multiple hats and be comfortable balancing several projects at one time;
- Organized to a fault;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Positive, “can-do” attitude;
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas;
- Innovative and a disruptor in market; not afraid to take calculated risks and break through the glass ceiling;
- A strong communicator that keeps customers, leadership and colleagues informed;
- Walks the talk, accountable to your word;
- Likes to have fun, laugh and share in the tough times and the successful moments;
- Has GRIT; never lets an obstacle stop you from achieving what is desired;
- A team player.
Hours of Operation
ProFound Talent operates a flexible working environment with the belief that we collaborate during the hours of Monday – Friday, 9 am – 3 pm at our office where we are highly focused on our external activities with our clients and candidates. Recognizing that people have families, children and simply work better at different hours, the remaining hours of our 40-hour work week are flexible allowing you to operate from home.
It is our desire that this promotes great work life balance and the ability for all to be employed while still having time for your family, children and personal life in the evenings. As we operate on a flexible work environment, there are times you will be required to attend work functions, client meetings or put in hours outside of a standard 40-hour work week. We provide flexibility and expect that it is given in return. As this is a professional level salaried role, overtime hours are not provided.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join ProFound Talent Inc. in the role of the Communications Specialist, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# AGRI-853845.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *