Job ID 5545
Our client, The Little Potato Company, began its journey in 1996 with the owners (Jacob and Angela – father and daughter) wanting to be able to produce little creamer potatoes, like what Jacob knew from his Dutch roots. They grew their first acre by hand; planting, weeding, harvesting, and washing it themselves. They then packed them into the back of Angela’s hatchback, setting off to farmers markets and restaurants. The potatoes were popular with chefs early on, with one of their first accounts being the Banff Springs Hotel. Jacob and Angela bought their first plant in 2000 and with their continued success, have expanded to increasingly larger facilities over the years with their current production facility located in west Edmonton. With further expansion and growth across Canada and into the United States, LPC partnered with a co-packing plant in PEI and opened a second production plant in DeForest, Wisconsin. Today, Angela leads the organization as CEO and Jacob runs a research and breeding company for little potatoes. The Little Potato Company has grown to have products on store shelves in every Province in Canada and State in the United States and operates with over 360 employees across Canada and the United States.
The Little Potato Company continues to experience growth year over year and continue to be the market leading producer of Creamer potatoes. They continue to set their sights high with their purpose being to “Save the Potato. Feed the World, better” where “everyone, everywhere deserves to have healthy, great food”. At The Little Potato Company, they believe in living by a set of deeply held core values representing both their history and how they strive to live every day to make the world a better place. The core values that guide their corporate family are:
Importance of Family: We are a family-based Company and since our prime support comes from our family, we encourage a healthy work-life balance. We honour the place that family has in our employees’ lives.
Go Beyond: We acknowledge that employees come to us with their own experience and resources. We support and encourage our employees to go beyond what they bring, beyond what they envision they can do, and certainly beyond a mere job description. We trust in our employees’ passion and creativity so that they can extend themselves not just for the Company, but for themselves.
Elevate others: We are a diverse and inclusive work environment that embraces new ideas and ways of doing. When we enhance another by recognizing their skills and expertise we contribute to an overall feeling of worth.
Down To Earth: We are approachable and recognize the common humanity of all. We do not pretend to be other than what we are. Whether we are in the office, in the plant, in the field or with a customer we are approachable, genuine, and warm.
Do What You Say: We walk our talk. Being honest and impeccable really means that we waste no time in pretending, glossing over, or making unfounded promises. We are reliable, accountable and our words communicate an actual reality.
It is a great time to join The Little Potato Company as they continue to grow and be a North American producer of their unique, healthy, and delicious Little Potatoes! For further information on The Little Potato Company, please visit their website at www.littlepotatoes.com.
Reporting to the Customer & Consumer Services Manager, the Consumer Service Coordinator will be responsible for providing excellent customer service skills through inbound contacts via phone, emails, mail, and social media. The successful candidate will be fluent in both English and French and will manage consumer and customer inquiries via various platforms, providing prompt and empathetic responses on behalf of the organization. This role will also provide support to the sales and customer service teams as required, jumping in as a team player, and assisting colleagues where necessary to deliver efficient, best in class service experiences to consumers and customers.
- Elevate the overall consumer experience and process.
- Resolve consumer complaints via phone, email, mail, and social media.
- Use phone, email, mail, and social media to reach out to consumers.
- Greet consumers warmly and determine problem or reason for call.
- Close out or open call records.
- Escalate urgent issues from consumers internally and manage process.
- Track and analyze consumer interactions, detailed inquiries, complaints, and comments as well as actions taken.
- Create reports and dashboards for presentation, including KPI tracking and measurements.
- Refer unresolved consumer issues to Manager or Supervisor.
- Work with third party call center to answer all recorded consumer calls.
- Provide on-going analysis and improvement recommendations for overall consumer services procedure.
- Cross training with Sales Coordinators to help with peak season and holidays coverage or as required.
- Other sales related duties as required.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop strong working relationship with Quality Assurance and Marketing teams, identifying and extracting data to facilitate consumer and customer communications.
- Through interdepartmental connections, identify consumer feedback trends within different regions to enhance responses to inquiries and complaints.
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing processes and implement those strategies to strengthen reporting within the department and across divisions.
- Elevate the consumer and customer experience to a gold standard whereby LPC is renowned for their empathy and quality response and service.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary education in Sales, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in customer/consumer service with a small to medium sized company.
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience an asset.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Excellent customer/consumer service focus with the ability to build strong relationships with others.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Effective listening skills with ability to show empathy.
- Ability to problem solve including identifying issues of priority and finding a solution in a timely manner.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize (focus on time sensitive issues that arise).
- Ability to work in a close team environment as well as work independently.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Ability to show initiative.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel expertise.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Passionate with an ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent listener
- Highly accountable
- Positive energy and willingness to pitch in when needed
- Can build and maintain strong relationships
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
- Being a Foodie is an asset!
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta. This position will work under a hybrid model operating 3 days in the office.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Little Potato Company in the role of Consumer Service Coordinator, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AERT-684623.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *