Job ID 705
CONTROLLER – MAYFIELD MANAGEMENT GROUP LTD. – EDMONTON, AB
Mayfield Management Group Ltd. with 27 years in the industry and directly managing residential apartment and condominium properties with over 8000 doors, is a fully licensed, registered, and bonded Real Estate Brokerage specializing in Property, Condominium, and Asset Management.
The senior management team have strong core values and are passionate about delivering world class services to their clients. They care about their people, culture and making a difference in the World. Recently under new ownership, Mayfield Management, is striving towards a vision of significant growth, being a world class organization and being a leader in social responsibility. Mayfield’s goal is to be the “Google” of Property Management by enriching the lives of their employees and by supporting the communities in which they operate.
With current operations primarily focused in Alberta, Mayfield Management is growing across Canada and is looking for key leaders to join their team in their expansion efforts. Mayfield Management Group operates under the following mission, vision, and values:
To be the undisputed number one service provider in the property management industry by continuously exceeding all our customers’ expectations.
To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
Everything we do is guided by our values:
- Do What’s Right with Integrity
- Deliver Results
- Get Things Done
- Continuously Improve
- Though Leadership
- Energized Passion
For further information on Mayfield Management Group Ltd, please visit their website at www.mmgltd.com.
As the Controller of Mayfield Management Group, you will directly report into the President & Chief Executive Officer while overseeing all accounting & finance department employees and working in collaboration with other senior leaders within the organization.
The successful individual will provide strategic leadership and direction in all aspects of the accounting and finance operations for Mayfield Management Group. This individual will manage people and performance, continually looking at how to improve and enhance the financial processes and systems while building the skills and experience of the team. You will have responsibility for all financial reporting and in working with a third-party accounting firm for year end and financial audit. This individual will also provide trusted support and assistance to the President as an advisor for growth initiatives and in ensuring that the goal of providing the best client experience and excellence in operational effectiveness is upheld.
This position is an integral role within the company and is fully accountable for the financial integrity of the organization and in ensuring full compliance and risk mitigation in all aspects of the business. In addition, the successful candidate has financial reporting responsibility to the several Condominium Boards they have as customers.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the unique challenges and opportunities that internal and external clients come to you with and work towards solutions.
- A strong innovator, always striving to create new ideas for adding value to the internal and external client experience.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Display continuous team communications by having regular meetings and by having open communications flowing in all directions.
- Mentor team members in developing their skills and knowledge and provide support and opportunities for growth.
- Establish and implement finance department goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Ensure Accounting policies and procedures are established and adhered to.
- Identify and lead accounting process improvements that improve efficiency and provide a more seamless operation.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the accounts receivable and accounts payable departments.
- Assure protection of business assets though internal financial control and audit.
- Serve as liaison between internal and outside accounting support.
- Implement and manage new technology systems.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate the finance team members.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and compliance with reporting standards.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating report results against forecast/budget.
- Direct external financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Work with the President & CEO on growth strategy and the financial evaluation of options including organic growth and acquisitions.
- Responsible for all financial transactions and reporting.
- Provide financial reports; monthly, quarterly, annual, adhoc.
- Open and close accounting periods (fiscal year is calendar year).
- Develop and monitor fiscal budget activities.
- Prepare reports for the Condominium Boards.
- Manage and track company assets.
- Work together with external auditors.
- Regulatory reporting as required to the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA).
Team Work and Commitment
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure collaboration with fellow team members.
- Be a change agent throughout the organization by embracing and supporting change initiatives.
- Pitch in and help other team members because you are a strong team player.
- Be committed and accountable in all aspects of the business.
- Be socially responsible as an individual and support the company’s vision:
- To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Successful implementation of the MRI technology platform specifically used within the real estate industry for property – level management, accounting, investment modelling and analytics.
- Achieve cost savings and efficiencies by working in collaboration with the Director of Operational Excellence.
- Develop, alongside the executive leadership, a strategic plan for growth including the implementation of best practice strategies and by identifying opportunity to bring in multiple customers at once.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Mayfield Management Group and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personality profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (CGA or CMA)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Controller role with leadership responsibility.
- In depth knowledge of all areas of accounting including strong knowledge of current Canadian Accounting standards.
- Experienced in supporting and advising on financial system’s integration, transition, and implementation.
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of process improvement.
- An eye for detail, organized and meticulous with work.
- Excellence in problem solving and value creation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experienced in developing business information systems.
- Confident, self-sufficient
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Strategic thinker
- Individual attributes that will support a successful candidate in this role:
- Be the Best
- Make a Difference
- A Born Leader
- Be a Teacher
- Be Performance Orientated
- Have a Global Vision
- Be a Continuous Learner
- Be Customer Centric
- Be Humble
- Be a Team Player
- Be Independent and Reliable
- Never be Satisfied
- Be a Multi Tasker
- Be a Problem Solver
- Have an Internal Fear of Failure
- Be a People Person
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Mayfield Management Group in the role of the Controller, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # AWMA-552338.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.