Job ID 4697
Our client, is currently looking to hire a Controller for their St. Albert location. This is a confidential search with details of the client being provided to qualified and pre-screened candidates.
The Controller will report directly to the President and will be an active part of the management team. This position will be responsible for overall financial operations and will provide accurate and timely financial information to the leadership team including budgeting, forecasting, regular monthly financial reporting, and analysis as required. This position will oversee the financial operations of the business and a few subsidiary companies. In addition, the Controller will work with the external audit firm for annual financial statements, tax, and GST planning.
Ideally, the successful applicant will be an individual with experience and knowledge of corporate accounting and financial governance in a corporate environment. As a leader within the organization, you will be part of a forward-thinking team and will work closely with management on establishing and maintaining standardization of financial procedures.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports (monthly and quarterly).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Partner with all stakeholders to ensure that reporting is relevant, timely and supports strategic decision-making.
- Review, establish and monitor internal controls to protect the company and ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies.
- Provide advice and guidance on all business and finance matters including financial systems, contract administration, analysis, and reporting as these relate to the company operations.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Management Team.
- Provide leadership to current accounting team.
- Provide advice and guidance on all business and finance matters including financial systems, analysis, and reporting as these relate to the company operations.
- Support the Condominium Managers in fielding financial and capital investment related questions they receive from their clients.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships with the accounting team, management team, staff, and other Stakeholders fostering a collaborative environment and creating synergies.
- Takes the initiative to generate solutions to issues as they arise and present suggested strategies to the management team.
- Takes accountability as a strong leader and ensures accuracy in reporting is demonstrated providing a sense of trust and confidence for the management team.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of our client and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- Post-secondary education in business, accounting finance or a related field is required
- CPA designation or equivalent considered an asset
- Minimum of 10 years experience with 5 years in leadership in all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management, preferably in a corporate setting.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Proven ability to thrive in a team-based environment, establish and build positive relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent supervisory skills, with a proven track record of leading a team to optimal performance.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and employees.
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate multiple scenarios making recommendations for the optimal solutions.
- Detail focused with pride in providing accurate information.
- Can critically evaluate situations and make impartial decisions.
- Skilled at collecting and analyzing information.
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and ethical workplace behavior.
- Ability to review current systems and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Positive attitude and energy
- Takes initiative
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Problem solver
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Respectful of others
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Collaborative and team player
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Exhibits sound judgment
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
St. Albert, AB
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of the Controller, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ARSV-572510.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *