Job ID 5491
ProFound Talent Inc. emerged from a dream and a belief by its Founder, Terri Davis, that we only have one life to live; and we need to live it with purpose and passion. With a desire to become an entrepreneur and with the dream to help organizations and individuals become more than they believed they could be, she left a stable career as a Partner at a national executive search firm to bring extraordinary talent management solutions to the market.
The ProFound story began in 2013 after a meeting with an executive. This executive questioned why search firms in Canada did not specialize in sport? This intrigued Terri to conduct further research to understand why the need for the specialization. Upon numerous conversations with executives in all industries, it was apparent that they did not require specialization, but they did want to be special. They wanted to be heard, they wanted a customized process unique to their needs and they wanted quality results the first time! With industry and business becoming increasingly competitive, they were looking for ways to increase their competitive advantage through their people – their corporate talent.
ProFound Talent Inc. started operations in 2016 to help organizations elevate their game through their people. With over 40-years of combined industry experience, the ProFound Talent team understands what it takes to find the best-suited candidates, perfectly paired to our client’s brand values and corporate culture. Our expertise spans virtually every industry and across both public and private sectors. Our expertise is in PEOPLE, providing Executive & Professional Recruitment, Executive & Leadership Development and Career Transition services.
We are a different type of executive search firm. We’re less conventional, always approachable, and not afraid to think outside the box. We eliminate the typical pain points of traditional agencies for our clients. We love meeting curious, authentic, values-driven, and passionate people who share our vision in building a customer experience second to none.
ProFound Talent’s Values:
- Believe & Inspire
- Treat People as They Want to Be Treated
- Communicate Authentically
- Commit to Quality Results
- Be Trusted and Accountable
- Work Differently & Uniquely
For more information on ProFound Talent Inc, please visit www.profoundtalent.com.
ProFound Talent started its business in Edmonton, AB and has been growing into new markets. As the Director, Client Development, you will be responsible for leading and delivering on the growth and revenue strategy for the BC region. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for leading the organization’s service offering to market. You will be a professional who is well networked into the BC region at the executive leadership level, you enjoy building strong business relationships, you listen intently recognizing areas of business pain and you can recognize the opportunity where our services will alleviate this, bringing solution and a mutually beneficial partnership forward. You take great pride in solution selling and in building strong, committed relationships that are on-going with a long-term vision. You are well organized, methodical in your approach, have grit and perseverance, and see obstacles as challenges that can be overcome. You are accountable to your promises and deliver on a customer experience that is second to none. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy “the build”. The successful individual will enjoy networking and connecting people. You will see the bigger vision that we hold: to help companies and people in growth allowing them to live their dreams and larger purpose in life.
At a tactical level, you will identify opportunities, develop the business and client relations, understand the client’s needs, provide solutions to the client needs, master the art of negotiating, and most importantly communication. Utilizing your established network, you will build on our brand in market, identify new customers, build relationships with key decision makers, manage objections, develop customer proposals, discuss pricing initiatives, and close business thereby generating revenue. You will build a client base, nurture it, and solve customer challenges. You will bring your knowledge of the human resources industry, recruiting and/or professional services to your role being a valued strategic partner to your clients’ business; we are not simply a recruitment transaction. You will work closely with the talent acquisition team to identify talent in your network for career opportunities and be a valuable resource and support to your colleagues. In addition, you will closely monitor the market and competitors keeping leadership abreast of new initiatives, ensuring that company brand and market awareness are present, and that the marketing strategy is being executed in accordance with plan.
Market Development & Sales (90%)
- Identify opportunity in the market creating a methodical approach to building visibility, brand, awareness, and connection for ProFound.
- Create, alongside the CEO, the strategy for revenue growth for the region, including strategic direction and sales and marketing strategy.
- Manage the sales funnel and all activity within it to meet and/or exceed revenue targets.
- Utilize your extensive business network to open doors at the C-Suite, executive and leadership level.
- Educate the market and our clients on the differences in our industry clearly demonstrating our differentiating value.
- Identify new opportunities by staying attuned to the market through conversations with clients, candidates and in watching job boards for hiring insight.
- Drive revenue for the region through business development activity with existing clients and in developing new business.
- Attend networking events to build presence and brand visibility for the organization, along with identifying opportunities for sponsorship, events, advertising, or business connection.
- Write proposals, negotiate pricing and contractual terms taking a prospect client through the process to contractual agreement.
- Attend client meetings and project kick off meetings to transition the client to the talent acquisition team for recruitment service and to continue to build presence, relationship and understanding of the client needs.
- Be a long term, solution partner and trusted advisor to our clients; understanding we are not a short-term transactional provider.
- Be involved as a team player to support the talent acquisition team in sharing your market knowledge of potential local talent and connections that may be open to consideration of new career opportunities.
- Manage a methodical approach in follow up with clients to ensure consistent and regular communication.
Strategic Vision, Innovation and Talent Acquisition (10%)
- Work alongside the CEO to develop innovative and disruptive business offerings that add value and differentiate ProFound Talent from industry norm.
- Be open to supporting the business, as needed, as a team player.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build the ProFound Talent brand in the region by connecting with influential senior executives and decision makers creating awareness of our services and our ability to support their business.
- Identify new revenue opportunity in the market for talent acquisition and long-term partnership.
- Find opportunities that add value to our clients and the market through speaking opportunities, event sponsorship or other innovative solutions that differentiate and elevate us.
- Meet and/or exceed revenue target through effective sales funnel management process.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business or a related field is ideal.
- 7+ years of experience in business development having built relationships with C-Suite, Executive Leaders, and Human Resources.
- Demonstration of an established network and personal brand in the BC region that allows doors to be opened easily to make connections.
- Experience in selling a professional service using a solution sales approach.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting revenue goals.
- Leadership experience bringing relatable knowledge, skills, and experience to the client conversation is an asset.
- Strong business acumen being a trusted advisor for organizations.
- Understanding of the sales funnel concept having shown that utilizing a methodical approach as a “science” will result in predictable revenue generation.
- A consultative/solution-based sales approach where building relationships is the key to success.
- An extrovert who enjoys building relationships through one-on-one communication, can pick up the phone for a conversation and incorporates “old school” communication with innovative relationship building style.
- A high level of curiosity with the genuine desire to ask questions and to learn about business and people.
- Needs to be resourceful; will research and dig for information when it is not readily available.
- Is intuitive in conversations understanding what is not being said with the ability to bring it forward.
- Experience or a desire to operate in an entrepreneurial operation where policies, processes, and plans are limited; yet innovation and excitement are prominent.
- Put the company values including customer experience and quality first; knowing that revenue will be the result of their great experience.
- Technological aptitude with experience in the full Microsoft Suite of products and CRM software systems.
- A builder, you enjoy being part of an entrepreneurial business that is in growth mode and is building systems, processes, market, and people.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, where you roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Self driven and motivated by seeing success through goal attainment and revenue results.
- Must have GRIT pushing past obstacles and challenges, never letting it de-rail you from your goals.
- Authentic and transparent communication.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
- Organized to a fault.
- Ability to be strategic while also digging into the business at a tactical level.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas.
- Innovative and a disruptor in market; not afraid to take calculated risks.
- A strong communicator that keeps customers, leadership and colleagues informed.
- Walks the talk, accountable to your word.
- Team player
- Be open to learning opportunities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In return, ProFound Talent will offer you an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization that has big vision, a commitment to our core values, is driven by purpose, and has endless opportunity for growth as we continue to expand and scale. You will be rewarded for your efforts with a competitive compensation plan, flexible work environment, endless vacation days, a commitment to support our community, and an authentic team that supports and embraces innovation, inclusivity and differences in our work and people.
Vancouver, BC. This position will operate from a home office and will have requirement for a vehicle to attend networking events and in-person client meetings. Our team comes together weekly on video conference and meets in person periodically for purposely planned and intentional team building opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join ProFound Talent Inc. in the role of Director, Client Development, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# AAVM-242581.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *