Job ID 710
DIRECTOR, CONDOMINIUM MANAGEMENT – MAYFIELD MANAGEMENT GROUP LTD. – EDMONTON, AB
Mayfield Management Group Ltd. with 27 years in the industry and directly managing residential apartment and condominium properties with over 8000 doors, is a fully licensed, registered, and bonded Real Estate Brokerage specializing in Multi- Family, Condominium, and Asset Management.
The senior management team have strong core values and are passionate about delivering world class services to their clients. They care about their people, culture and making a difference in the World. Recently under new ownership, Mayfield Management, is striving towards a vision of significant growth, being a world class organization and being a leader in social responsibility. Mayfield’s goal is to be the “Google” of Property Management by enriching the lives of their employees and by supporting the communities in which they operate.
With current operations primarily focused in Alberta, Mayfield Management is growing across Canada and is looking for key leaders to join their team in their expansion efforts. Mayfield Management Group operates under the following passion, vision, and values:
To be the undisputed number one service provider in the property management industry by continuously exceeding all our customers’ expectations.
To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
Everything we do is guided by our values:
- Do What’s Right with Integrity
- Deliver Results
- Get Things Done
- Continuously Improve
- Though Leadership
- Energized Passion
For further information on Mayfield Management Group Ltd, please visit their website at www.mmgltd.com.
As the Director, Condominium Management for Mayfield Management Group, you will directly report into the President & Chief Executive Officer while overseeing the condominium management department which currently includes 6 Condominium Managers. As part of the senior leadership team, the successful individual will provide strategic leadership, operational direction and be responsible for the growth of the condominium management portfolio and team.
As the Director, Condominium Management, you will manage a team that supports 4000 condominium doors, currently. You will have direct responsibility in managing a small portfolio of condominiums while mentoring and training the team in managing their individual condominium sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with Condominium Boards to fulfill on all third party property management responsibilities including attending condominium management meetings, understanding the Board needs, providing educated guidance to the Board, managing and enforcing all condominium by-laws, working with the Board on reserve fund projections for capital expenditures and working with Mayfield Management maintenance team to provide exterior and interior services as contractually required.
In addition to the existing condominium management, this individual will be expected to grow the business by working with the team to identify new opportunities and by training the team to provide excellence in quality service allowing for condominium referral business.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the unique challenges and opportunities that internal and external clients come to you with and work towards solutions.
- A strong innovator, always striving to create new ideas for adding value to the internal and external client experience.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Create a team environment that is conducive to collaboration, team work, performance, integrity, and customer excellence.
- Display continuous team communications by having regular meetings and by having open communications flowing in all directions.
- Mentor team members in developing their skills and knowledge and provide support and opportunities for growth.
- Establish and implement department goals and objectives.
- Manage an existing team of 6 Condominium Managers while continuing to grow the team with new business growth.
- Hire, train, and mentor individuals creating a highly skilled “A” team that exceeds customer expectations.
- Conduct performance reviews to be used for career development, growth and coaching of individuals.
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with a diverse group of people ranging from condominium board members, property owners and maintenance staff, as well as resolve any issues or concerns that arise.
- Accountable for and the primary contact for all aspects of property operations to the assigned properties; along with having accountability and oversight for the team properties.
- Maintain owner relationships through appropriate communication channels.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation as required for both internal and external customers.
- Attend condominium board meetings for your portfolio and your team’s to ensure the team is fully trained and meeting/exceeding their boards expectations.
- Responsible for the budgeting and financial success of the condominium properties under management by Mayfield Management.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and presentations to clients.
Team Work and Commitment
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure collaboration with fellow team members.
- Be a change agent throughout the organization by embracing and supporting change initiatives.
- Pitch in and help other team members because you are a strong team player.
- Be committed and accountable in all aspects of the business.
- Be socially responsible as an individual and support the company’s vision:
- To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build/train a strong and fully accountable condominium management team that exceeds their boards expectations.
- Grow the condominium revenue/profit by over 50%.
- Hire, train and build a funnel for talented condominium managers joining the company, in order to meet the aggressive growth initiatives.
- Work closely with the maintenance manager to develop and facilitate the new MMG maintenance and repair program for condominium corporations and their owners.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Mayfield Management Group and in supporting the success of the growth of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personality profile:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Business, or a related field, is considered ideal.
- A Certified Property Management (CPM) designation and/or certification as a Real Estate Broker/ Associate is required.
- CCI Condominium Courses 100, 200, 300
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a Property Management role within condominium management; along with 3+ years of leadership responsibility.
- In depth knowledge of condominium management including condominium board management, budgeting, reserve fund studies and capital expenditure management, financial reporting, and client relationship management.
- Membership in the Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI), the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA), the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) or the Real Estate Institute of Canada (REIC) would be considered an asset.
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of growth within the condominium portfolio.
- An eye for detail, organized and meticulous with work.
- Excellence in problem solving and value creation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of laws as it relates to the condominium act, real estate, landlords, and tenants.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experience with MRI software would be considered an asset.
- Confident, self-sufficient
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Strategic thinker
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high growth culture
- Individual attributes that will support a successful candidate in this role:
- Passion to Be the Best
- Make a Difference
- A Born Leader
- Be a Teacher
- Be Performance Orientated
- Have a Global Vision
- Be a Continuous Learner
- Be Customer Centric
- Be Humble
- Be a Team Player
- Be Independent and Reliable
- Never be Satisfied
- Be a Multi Tasker
- Be a Problem Solver
- Have an Internal Fear of Failure
- Be a People Person
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Mayfield Management Group in the role of the Director, Condominium Management, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # ANIR-822687.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.