Job ID 5748
Our client, a leader in an industrial setting with longevity in business and a strong track record of success, has a need for a Director, Maintenance & Engineering in Edmonton. This organization is highly established, has a strong reputation in market and continues to grow and thrive. As this is a confidential search, details on the organization will be released only to those short-listed for the opportunity.
The Director, Maintenance & Engineering will report to senior leadership and will provide direction on how to run maintenance and reliability operations supporting asset management. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of the engineering and maintenance budget as well as a multi-year business plan that is in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization. This role will be responsible for delivering on the capital plan, as well as troubleshooting, mitigating escalating issues that arise, and monitoring implementation of corporate engineering and maintenance mandates.
The Director, Maintenance & Engineering will facilitate the advancement and licensing of engineers in accordance with APEGA requirements and will diligently uphold corporate values. This role is responsible for identifying issues to be included in maintenance management and engineering plans and will monitor organization progress, identifying champions of compliance and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement a safety plan, leading by example to promote and enforce engagement and participation.
- Maximize service value proposition to operating departments with a commitment to an environment free of grievances.
- Promote internal engineering, reliability and project delivery policies and procedures.
- Enable compliance of engineering and maintenance departments to reach sales and operations planning targets.
- Manage reliability, engineering, and maintenance cost performance within budget.
- Create and implement an asset management strategy that supports improved operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversee the delivery of capital projects, workshops, and reliability services.
- Manage the response to equipment disruptions.
- Analyze maintenance trends and make recommendations to leadership.
- Model competencies of leadership and live the organization’s values.
- Lend to product and service development yielding high customer return.
- Build a high performing, engaged, and inclusive team.
- Promote professional development in operations to team members and leadership group.
- Oversee capital portfolio.
- Other duties as required.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Implementation of practices that result in a significant reduction in the amount of time that equipment is not operating, both planned and unplanned.
- Be a driver for change where team members are engaged, proactive, and taking initiative to always be elevating maintenance operations.
- Accountable to KPIs in terms of safety, timing, budget, quality, and preventative maintenance.
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships with the colleagues, team members, and leadership with an in-depth knowledge of business operations.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Related education including but not limited to a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), a bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Registered member of APEGA
- Minimum 7 years of industrial maintenance and/or engineering experience.
- Capital project and portfolio management experience.
- High level of statistical and problem solving understanding.
- Extensive background in safety legislative requirements.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Excellent condition-based preventative maintenance skills.
- Superior ability to handle multiple demands and cope with changing business needs.
- Proven data analysis, reasoning, investigative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly capable of taking initiative and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated cost/benefit analysis skills.
- High exposure to FEED, FMEA, HAZOP, PHA, and risk assessment processes.
- Experience with EPC, design-build, and general commercial contract negotiations.
- A demonstrated visionary with coaching and participative leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with strong execution bias.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and collaborate to achieve common objectives.
- Effective leadership and motivational skills.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable and holds team accountable for participation and actions
- Displays ethical leadership, modeling corporate values
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Enjoys change and leading others through it
- Safety oriented with ability to influence others to participate
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Strategic and operational performer
- Collaborative with excellent communication and self-awareness
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of Director, Maintenance & Engineering, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AXMR-164236.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *