Job ID 6894
Building on 35 years of experience as Merit Contractors Association and Merit National, OpenCircle elevates employers and employees by supporting well-being in work, life, and the spaces in between.
As a membership association supporting construction and industry partners across Canada, OpenCircle supports their client companies and their employees with sustainability and growth. As changes occur globally and at home in Canada, they shine the spotlight on the employer-employee relationship, encouraging diverse thinking on how to best support employees and their families. Increasingly, the way in which businesses respond to environmental, social, and governance issues, is of concern to the marketplace and society as a whole. With these kinds of changes gathering pace, OpenCircle is committed to ensuring that they are positioned to respond appropriately. OpenCircle is future proofing their members’ businesses, with far-sighted and proactive strategies.
OpenCircle’s focus is, and always has been, people. It’s how they help their 1,700 Members and their 50,000 employees across Canada step confidently into the future. They strengthen their members’ workforces by providing programs, services, and health benefits that support their unique needs. Membership includes comprehensive employee health benefits, workforce development strategies, skills training, mental health supports, scholarship programs, tuition reimbursement programs and more.
For more information on OpenCircle please visit their website: www.opencircle.ca.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, National Business Development is responsible for driving all sales functions and operations and managing the current and ongoing relationships with OpenCircle members. The position is responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales goals, building strategic business relationships, and providing vision for member relationship building strategies including the execution. The position is responsible for managing product development and innovation for the organization by monitoring the marketplace and ensuring the organization is on the leading edge in terms of membership products and services being offered.
Business Development and Engagement
- Develop marketing strategies for business markets to maximize sales in the identified target markets and industry.
- Create and deploy all sales goals and objectives across the organization, including preparation of sales quotas and budgets.
- Manage the activities and performance of the business development team and access sales and member engagement.
- Develop, administer, and maintain a comprehensive sales and marketing program that ensures continued growth and industry leadership.
- Communicate brand identity across departments, to key business partners and to members.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans for the business development team that align with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all member touchpoints and engagement activities and define how feedback is measured and recorded.
- Provide written and verbal reports on sales, engagement, and marketing activities nationally on an ongoing basis and other written reports as requested.
- Conduct sales forecasts and biweekly and/or monthly status reports.
- Review compensation modeling on an annual basis for the business development team.
Membership Products and Services
- Develop new membership products based on member needs and feedback that both attract and retain members.
- Manage existing services and lead the ongoing development of enhancements and new services.
- Gather and analyze feedback from different departments, members, and by conducting market research to set the strategic vision for existing products and the development of new products.
- Monitor and determine product and service life cycles and profitability management for OpenCircle.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Work to develop a data driven sales strategy with measurable targets and performance metrics.
- Align the sales team to the vision and strategy, ensure the team is organizationally structured to maximize on team strengths and to best meet the goals of the division, and provide mentorship to the team to maximize performance.
- Build the marketing and sales program to meet organizational objectives including supporting the organization with a new CRM identification, creating sales tools, developing marketing campaigns, and building a culture of accountability.
- Create a membership engagement and retention strategy which may include events, new programs and products, and increasing the affinity program offerings.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the objectives of OpenCircle and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- Post-secondary education in a related industry such as business, commerce, marketing with experience being considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum 3+ years of leadership experience having responsibility in developing strategy, leading teams, and fulfilling on metrics through accountability.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in business development, strategic marketing, or event management working within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in marketing an asset.
- Experience in understanding the customer journey, analyzing data for decision making, and building loyalty programs for retention considered valuable.
- Superior relationship management and influencing skills.
- Great customer service, communication, business acumen and expert negotiation skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strength in presenting to clients and leadership teams such as executive and Boards.
- Ability to pivot and navigate change.
- A strong relationship builder both internally and externally with the ability to lead change during high growth and within a fast-paced organization.
- An ability to coach, mentor and motivate teams to achieve growth and excellence is critical.
- Experience in MS Office and CRM systems with skill in implementing new systems an asset.
- Thinks strategically and sees the bigger picture, solution focused.
- Must be a self-starter who is resourceful and can work with minimal supervision.
- Resourceful and will look for information and answers to the unknown.
- Has courage to ask when uncertain.
- Will come forward with solutions and not only problems.
- Builds trust through communication and creating a “no surprise” culture.
- Takes pride in doing what you say you are going to do – accountable.
- Enjoys mentoring, coaching and elevating people through opportunity and growth.
- Leads with passion, drive, and care.
- Enjoys continuous learning and development, open to constructive feedback.
- Thrives in a changing environment that is undergoing a culture shift and new ways of working.
- A collaborative team player.
- Has a positive outlook.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Can make tough decisions when needed.
- Down-to-earth, authentic, and relatable.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton or Calgary, AB
OpenCircle works in a hybrid work environment in which you will work 4 days in the office with 1 designated day to work differently. Being a part of the leadership team, Wednesdays are required in the office for leadership conversation and meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join OpenCircle in the role of Director, National Business Development, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #ABND-788871.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *