Job ID 7181
Innovative Canadians for Change (ICChange) stands as a beacon in the non-profit realm, pioneering transformative approaches to address global social challenges and innovations. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, their ethos revolves around marrying innovation with social entrepreneurship to uplift vulnerable populations worldwide. ICChange tackles complex challenges in health, water, energy, nutrition, education, and economic development, aiming to create a ripple effect of positive change across communities and champions sustainable, community-centric solutions, reshaping the landscape of social impact and humanitarian aid.
ICChange’s work has impacted millions globally through a diverse range of programs. The KIMSSEA space is an innovative education, enablement, and entrepreneurship space outside of Nairobi, Kenya. CeraMaji is a ceramic water filter initiative to bring access to clean potable water in rural areas and informal settlements in East Africa. Other programs include the Kibera Medical Records Initiative, a program for electronic health records for slum dwellers, a Kenya Trauma and Injury Program, which is a comprehensive trauma and injury program supported by academic and government partners, and Solar Oxygen Labs, an initiative to bring access to reliable, off-grid oxygen in rural settings across Africa among many others.
For more information on ICChange, please visit https://www.icchange.ca/.
The Director of Operations will join a team of visionary leaders and innovators with decades of experience in making a global impact and will be at the forefront of social change. The position will provide a platform for personal and professional growth, as well as implementing ideas in an environment that values innovation, social entrepreneurship, and real-world impact.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Operations will bring operations knowledge and experience, innovative and strategic thinking, as well as leadership to ICChange’s operational and project teams. The position is a unique amalgamation of strategy, innovation, and leadership, aimed at bolstering ICChange’s mission and initiatives through sustainable growth and impactful operations. The role will be pivotal in building the organizational systems and processes as well as playing a lead role in initiatives to create impactful, sustainable change. By fostering a culture of innovative thinking and seeking cutting-edge opportunities, the role will be steering the organization towards ground-breaking achievements in social impact and entrepreneurship.
As an experienced leader and team player, the Director of Operations will need to have the skills and abilities to oversee many of the operations of the organization while at the same time having the willingness to roll up their sleeves and manage details within programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Operations & Innovative Strategy Development
- Crafts and implements visionary operational strategies that align with ICChange’s ethos of social innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and human resource requirements for projects.
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement both short and long-term tactical and strategic plans following business goals and objectives.
- Monitor and manage performance metrics and targets that are consistent with the organization’s goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operational team.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Ensures that operational decisions and project plans are in line with the organization’s vision.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the executive team.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Innovative Strategy Development: Craft and implement visionary operational strategies that align with our ethos of social innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Pioneering Project Leadership: Lead a diverse portfolio of initiatives and inspire project teams, ensuring that each initiative not only meets its goals but also sets new standards in social impact.
- Leadership in Social Innovation: Cultivate a team environment that encourages creativity, risk-taking, and a relentless pursuit of transformative solutions.
- Sustainability Architect: Design and refine operational processes to ensure long-term sustainability and effectiveness, staying true to our mission and values.
- Global Engagement and Partnership: Foster meaningful relationships with international partners, stakeholders, and communities, amplifying our global influence.
- Resource Revolutionizing: Manage resources in novel, efficient ways that maximize impact and sustainability.
- Growth Catalyst: Identify and pursue emerging opportunities in social entrepreneurship, positioning ICChange as a leader in innovative humanitarian solutions.
- Ethical and Transparent Operations: Uphold the highest standards of integrity and transparency in all aspects of operations and reporting.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build organizational systems and processes moving project work from the executive team to the operational team, relieving the executives of day-to-day concerns so they can focus on strategic planning and furthering the organization’s vision.
- Work alongside the CEO in creating growth through the development of new project opportunities.
- Build and foster strong relationships within operational and project teams providing feedback and acknowledgement for contributions.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, the successful candidate must possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social entrepreneurship, non-profit management, operations management, or another industry-related field required.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of operations and leadership experience in a non-profit, social enterprise, or an innovative organizational setting.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex projects with a focus on social impact and innovation.
- Financial acumen and experience in managing budgets and financial performance.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Deep commitment to social change and understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable populations.
- Strong understanding of business, financial management, and strategic planning.
- Exceptional supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally to engage with partners and communities on the ground.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for social enterprise.
- Innovative and a forward thinker.
- Highly accountable, takes ownership, and shows initiative.
- Can function independently without a lot of guidance.
- Resourceful seeking information as needed.
- Strong communication skills keeping the CEO, other executives, and other stakeholders informed regularly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with donors, volunteers, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Strong coach and mentor supporting the operational and project teams with growth and learning.
- A team player working very collaboratively in teams.
- Enjoys a fast-paced and ever-changing environment viewing this as exciting and a challenge.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative.
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude and enjoys making things happen.
- Open to candid feedback seeing this as an opportunity for learning and individual growth.
A competitive compensation package, reflective of the role in driving meaningful change awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Hybrid (on-site office and home). There will be a need for flexible hours with some work in the evenings and on weekends. Some international travel will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of Director of Operations please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AIAK-805104. Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Max Frank at 587-200-0114 ext. 102 or Craig Edhart at 587-200-0114 ext. 106.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman-owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at the time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *