Job ID 711
DIRECTOR, PASSENGER EXPERIENCE – EDMONTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – EDMONTON, AB
Our client, Edmonton Airports (“EA”) operates Edmonton International Airport (“EIA”), the surrounding land development (AKA their aerotropolis or airport city) and Villeneuve Airport. The Edmonton International Airport is Canada’s fifth-busiest airport, serving over 8.2 million passengers (in its record year in 2014) with their long-term goal being to serve 10 million passengers by 2025. Employing 250-300 people on a regular basis; along with generating economic development and over 4500 jobs within the airport city; they are proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for several years in a row.
Driving the region’s economic prosperity through aviation and commercial development.
More flights to more places.
10 million annual enplaned and deplaned passengers by 2025.
Safety and security first: To ensure that the safety and security of their customers, staff, facilities, and environment is a primary concern in all aspects of doing business.
Own the outcome: They are motivated by customer expectations in providing quality facilities and services in a customer-sensitive and service driven manner.
Doing the right things right: To be accountable for all their actions including financial management and to act honestly and respectfully in business relations, usage of resources, treatment of customers and each other, and in the general conduct of business.
Invested in talent: People are their most important resource; they work together to foster an open and cooperative environment that encourages teamwork, communication, and mutual respect.
Dedicated to sustainability: To be committed to responsibly managing all assets to advance the region’s environmental stewardship, social well-being, and economic prosperity.
For further information on the Edmonton International Airport, please visit their website at www.flyeia.com.
As the Director, Passenger Experience for the Edmonton International Airport, you will directly report to the Vice President, Operations and be a part of the senior leadership team. You will oversee the Manager, Terminal Operations & Customer Service; as well as the, Manager, Passenger Experience with a team of 17 people, a contract service provider operating with 200 staff and a volunteer team of approximately 80 people.
As part of the senior leadership team, the successful individual will be responsible for imagining the unimaginable! You will bring your expertise in creating innovative programs and initiatives that “wow” the customer. You have experience in finding out what the customer wants and have demonstrated your ability to turn it into reality. You will work collaboratively with the senior leadership team to create the passenger experience strategy along with incorporating this into the digital strategy. The digital strategy will digitize processes on how the customer interacts with the airport from the start of their travel to the end making their travel experience inconceivable. The heightened passenger experience will result in attracting regional passengers to Edmonton as their commuter hub, increased revenue streams, increased efficiencies, and the attraction of more airlines to the Edmonton market.
In addition to the passenger experience, you will oversee the daily terminal operations and have responsibility for gate planning, maintenance and security of the airfield and the airport facility. You will work closely with the airlines to ensure smooth operations and will have your team ready when all hands need to be on deck.
Passenger Experience & Operations
- Determine the framework for the optimal configuration of the Passenger Experience functions, considering the possibilities of innovation through digital applications and leading-edge practices.
- Experience, develop and implement Passenger Experience initiatives in support of Operations goals and targets, including business plan development, and strategy implementation, in support of the strategic business unit targets.
- Create an understanding across the organization of your insights into the passenger experience.
- Contribute at a leadership level on enhancing the passenger experience and driving passenger growth in a challenging and competitive market.
- Ensure effective cross functional work within Passenger Experience, across Operations, and throughout the rest of Edmonton Regional Airports within the cross functional framework established by the CEO and the VP, Operations & Infrastructure.
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of resources necessary for Passenger Experience and Terminal Operations to carry out its mandate.
- Forward planning on all elements, airline operations, passenger experience, passenger facilitation and terminal services.
- Ensure the delivery of all passenger experience programs to support the passenger growth strategies.
- Develop and maintain sufficient external linkages and contacts to gain and maintain an understanding of the environment (Passenger Experience best practices and trends) extrapolated into the 1 – 2-year future.
- Support and manage a strong team of professionals.
- Develop and nurture a sustainable, high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative, and achievement-oriented organization that is easy to do business with.
- Hire, train, inspire and coach team members.
- Provides direction, integrates, and oversees the annual passenger experience and operations business and work plans.
- Ensures the team has sufficient skills and experience to meet department objectives.
- Provides performance management; and completes regular reviews on direct reports.
- Ensure knowledge transfer and retention in the team.
- Manages succession and career development.
- Facilitates communication and works closely with other cross functional strategic business units, and in particular, Commercial and Passenger Development.
- Financial: Approval authority for items in the approved Passenger Experience and Terminal Operations budgets, in accordance with the Vice President, Operations. Develop, influence and drive funding for capital projects and passenger experience initiatives.
- Human Resources: Hire, train, mentor and motivate the internal team aligning them to the vision of passenger experience, the customer, and the growth plans of the organization.
- Approves Passenger Experience business and resource allocation plans.
- Approves Passenger Experience-wide standards, and practices, in conformity with ERAA and Operations policies.
- Initiates and implements change through effective change management strategies.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop a new passenger experience strategy and align it with the digital strategy; using innovative ideas that the leadership team do not see coming.
- Create a team environment of engagement, motivation, excitement and fun where ideas and innovation are encouraged.
- Drive change, innovation and capital funding demonstrating significant change in the passenger experience a year from now.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the Edmonton International Airport and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and leadership profile:
- Post secondary education with a diploma or degree in a related field is required.
- Professional Development & Leadership Training from the Disney Institute would be considered highly desirable.
- A Master’s degree with a focus on, business, leadership, customer service and/or marketing an asset.
- Experience in contract administration would be ideal.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a customer centric role where innovation and program development has been the focus to increase the customer experience; with 5 years operating at a leadership level having managed large teams.
- Knowledge and experience in creating digital strategy would be highly considered.
- Involved in an industry where customer experience is the focus, such as hospitality (hotels, restaurants), travel (airlines, cruises), sporting events, to name a few.
- Demonstrated experience in change management; taking an idea from concept to reality.
- Experience in a complex transportation hub would be an asset; with passenger experience being the priority.
- Business driven with strong financial acumen.
- Experience working with security and operational regulations an asset.
- Collaborative approach to people management.
- Forges exceptional working relationships with others at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to provide pragmatic business solutions to complex issues in a dynamic, fast-paced, and service-driven environment.
- Excellent facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to lead groups through complex change.
- Proven expertise in strategic planning, complex problem resolution and general management.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships with all stakeholders.
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player.
- Strong project management skills.
- Digital champion â€“ a high level of proficiency with newer and progressive technology.
- Confidence and humility; a values- based leader.
- Operates with authenticity, accountability, and integrity; resulting in credibility with the team and leadership.
- Has extreme flexibility and expertise with managing swiftly changing priorities.
- Demonstrates passion and performance as a leader.
- Is highly motivated and instills this within the team.
- Genuinely cares about people and sees the good in people.
- Lives the core values of the Edmonton Airports.
- FUN, naturally approachable.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton International Airport – Edmonton, Alberta
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Edmonton Airports in the role of the Director, Passenger Experience, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID# ASPG-662856.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.