Job ID 6579
Our client, with longevity in business and a strong track record of success, has a need for a Director Procurement in Edmonton. This organization is highly established, has a strong reputation in market and continues to grow and thrive. As this is a confidential search, details on the organization will be released only to those short-listed for the opportunity.
Reporting to the President, the Director, Procurement will lead the Procurement Team and be responsible for the overall procurement program delivery while supporting leadership through employee development and client support. Working collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders, the Director, Procurement will establish and maintain an efficient, cost-effective, and consistent approach to procurement best practices and legislation. You will have full accountability for a multi-million-dollar procurement spend, negotiating and managing all contracts, and overseeing vendors located globally. The successful candidate will have high work ethic and will treat the company dollars like their own ensuring there is return on investment with contract service delivery and cost-effective procurement solutions.
- Ensure protocols, processes, and guidelines are being followed and update as new ones come into play.
- Research, benchmark, and analyze efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery and proposes continuous improvement ideas for consideration.
- Conduct assessment of risks inherent in the business processes of Procurement Services.
- Keep current with developments, trends, and legislative changes affecting Procurement Services including the introduction of new approaches and technologies.
- Support leadership in the implementation of proactive and strategic change while building connections with peers and superiors.
- Ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, and substantiated with evidence of due process and financial controls to facilitate the orderly processing of invoices from vendors and service providers; and
- Provide procurement information to support management decisions, financial reporting and audits.
- Provide procurement information to support management decisions, financial reporting, and audits.
- Provide functional leadership to ensure that the organization and staff achieve compliance with established regulations.
- Provide effective management and direction within the department.
- Set key accountabilities and establish core competencies to deliver on key accountabilities; and
- Provide effective leadership to ensure that staff have the necessary skills to achieve work objectives and meet the needs of internal and external customers.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Identify and create procurement processes that optimize and automate services to provide greater efficiency.
- Identify opportunities to save money and/or to increase service levels creating organizational change to enhance in these areas.
- Treat the company spend and service as your own, ensuring strong return on investment.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or related field; a specialization in supply chain management is preferred; and
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) is considered an asset.
- A minimum 7 years’ progressive experience in procurement or supply chain management, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Skilled in identifying automation to support procurement process efficiency and implementing it with technology implementation being an asset.
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Experienced in contract management and negotiation.
- Has managed large procurement spends and understands vendor management.
- Skilled in sourcing and identifying vendors at a global level.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and make change accordingly.
- Strong integrity and work ethic.
- “Roll up the Sleeves” attitude.
- Highly accountable and comfortable with “owning” the responsibilities of your department.
- Takes initiative without being asked.
- Confident and can take charge on new initiatives, with a directive leadership style.
- Open to feedback, learning and development.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
This position will work on-site at the plant location.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of Director Procurement please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AOGO-615651.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101.
further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *