Job ID 6577
Our client, with longevity in business and a strong track record of success, has a need for a Director Quality Assurance in Edmonton. This organization is highly established, has a strong reputation in market and continues to grow and thrive. As this is a confidential search, details on the organization will be released only to those short-listed for the opportunity.
The Director, Quality Assurance reports directly to the President. The successful candidate will ensure all quality control objectives are met in both process and product ensuring compliance is being met. You will have a business mind and understand the fine balance between quality and compliance with financial acumen and cost optimization. You will feel comfortable in communicating with a variety of stakeholders including sales, customers, and operations. The ideal candidate will operate with speed by identifying quality issues and resolving them quickly with optimal solutions that meet customer demand and business objectives.
- Must be able to develop, maintain and grow both internal and external relationships among the operations team, sales team, and customers.
- Possess the ability to communicate with customers to discuss any issues or anomalies with product when required.
- Identify and alleviate any quality issues throughout production and end product.
- Analyze data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Responsible for the final review of all quality documentation prior to release to the client and the managing of the individuals compiling information.
- Promote quality, ensure processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Promote awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization and ensure that the quality control on all projects is managed in a consistent manner.
- Maintain compliance in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Responsible for leading and assisting the project team members to ensure compliance with the client, industry, and internal quality requirements.
- Perform review of the Quality Management System at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability and effectiveness (opportunities for improvement).
- Report to senior management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement.
- Maintain records of QA for all projects.
- Manage direct reports and oversee additional staff members for two business units.
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Open to site visits to ensure complete understanding of clients needs-development and improvement.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Challenge the status quo and build a systematic and transparent approach with quality ensuring compliance is being met and stakeholders are kept informed.
- Operate with speed in assessing quality concerns, finding solutions, and getting product to the customer in a timely manner always meeting compliance.
- Demonstrate eagerness and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude with a keen interest to make things happen for the organization and the customer.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in an Engineering, Quality Management or equivalent discipline is required. Metallurgy or Materials Science is preferred.
- Related industry experience with minimum of 7+ years of work experience with QA systems and regulation.
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience managing a team of several quality inspectors.
- Experience in Ferrous metallurgy preferred.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong financial acumen and business mind understanding cost-benefit with decision making.
- Very strong technical expertise that can lead and be accountable as an expert for the department.
- Analytical skills with ability to understand and formulate reports based on data.
- Opportunistic with an ability to see how a product may not be ideal for one customer but valuable for another.
- Highly accountable taking ownership and initiative for your department.
- Strong communication skills keeping stakeholders informed regularly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Leadership balance between a directive and collaborative approach.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude that enjoys making things happen.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
This position will work on-site at the plant location.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of Director Quality Assurance please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AIKC-567850.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *