Job ID 1113
ProFound Talent Inc. is proud to be working with our client, All Weather Windows. Having started with a 9-person operation and a 10, 000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in 1978, they have grown to a national operation with over 1000 employees and awarded as a “Best Managed Company” for the past 10 years reaching platinum level in excellence. With their headquarters in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include two manufacturing plants located in Edmonton with Customer Solution Centres in Langley, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg.
In 2008, All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) was created to service its growth in large-scale commercial clients. Specializing in commercial glazing solutions, All Weather Windows Commercial provides a wide variety of products for high rises, commercial, retail store fronts, multi-unit residential structures, hospitality, industrial and more. The Commercial Division installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers.
In 2015 All Weather Windows purchased Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) and re-branded as All Weather Windows Glass which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications.
Why work with All Weather Windows?
Opportunity: AWW is a growing company, taking on bigger projects and creating opportunities for their employees. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies you can be assured that you are joining a stable employer that will be around for years to come.
Safety: All Weather Windows has obtained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Workers’ Compensation Board in all their locations and safety is their #1 priority.
Respect: They are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable workplace. Whether you are working in the office, shop or the field, you can expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
Community: At All Weather Windows, their vision is to improve the lives of families, one family at a time. They are about empowerment. They want to set individuals up for long term success by providing assistance to health and wellness initiatives, supporting students in their career specific studies, helping children and families below the poverty line, and by devoting time to aid in the construction of shelter for those in need. They have looked to their incredible community for support when they started and now it is their privilege to offer a helping hand.
Growth: All Weather Windows is continuing to grow and make change to thrive and be a leader in the Canadian market. With this comes opportunity to operate at a strategic level, to be involved in decisions and to be a part of the growth and build of the organization.
AWW is expanding its supply chain team in Edmonton, AB with the addition of a new role, the Director, Supply Chain. This position reports into the Vice President of Supply Chain and will be responsible for working with the Vice President to operationalize the supply chain strategies that support and meet company performance objectives and client and consumer expectations. The Director, Supply Chain will utilize data analysis, business intelligence, and reporting tools to forecast supply and material needs across the organization. This individual will be responsible for re-engineering processes and operationalizing them using change management practices. You will minimize company risk and maintain company compliance in all areas with emphasis on health and safety initiatives.
The successful candidate must be able to take initiative with minimal guidance. You must bring structure and diligence into an operation that started as entrepreneurial and is at the next phase in their growth cycle requiring standard operating procedures. You have demonstrated excellence in change management; you are a collaborative leader yet decisive, you hold yourself and your team accountable to your word and you operate with a sense of urgency and responsiveness. The successful candidate will enjoy mentoring and guiding its team towards growth and success.
Your direct leadership team will consist of three Managers including an Inventory & Inbound Manager, a Purchasing & Materials Manager, and a Fleet, Logistics & Outbound Manager. You will be responsible for inventory management, material management, purchasing, contract management, sourcing of vendors, shipping and receiving, fleet management including third party contractors, logistics and indirectly the overall customer experience. You will have an overall team responsibility of approximately 100 staff.
- Work under the direction of the VP to develop the sourcing and procurement vision and strategy, including supplier certification and partnering in a Canadian manufacturing environment. Formulate and deploy procedures governing materials procurement, material planning, inventory management and supplier development;
- Communicate the vision to suppliers to elicit them as partners in the new direction of global supply chain management. Develop and maintain on-going relationships with key suppliers and establish effective programs and processes of ensuring “best in class” supplier performance;
- Develop and implement processes for identifying, evaluating, and selecting potential suppliers and negotiate favorable business terms and service level agreements;
- Participate in the strategic and tactical negotiation of major supplier contracts, direct and indirect spend;
- Minimize supply risks by continually developing and securing alternative sources of supply. Develop contingency plans for addressing critical shortages quickly and cost effectively;
- Develop and implement a procure to pay process including developing the systems, KPI’s and implementing change management skills to coach and train the team towards successful outcome;
- Be a change agent recognizing that an optimized procurement strategy and supply chain design will directly impact the company’s growth by contributing to operating margin;
- Increase the accuracy of physical inventory including raw materials and finished goods through the creation of better processes in cycle counting and ensuring compliance;
- Identify opportunities to manage inventory at the branch level; mitigating risk of inventory shortage while maximizing on inventory dollars;
- Develop a finished goods inventory program moving away from “just in time” to balance out seasonality of the labour force;
- Create a rack delivery program for warehousing and inventory management;
- Work with the VP and logistics team to develop and implement alternate logistic network models that ship direct to customer streamlining the logistics function within AWW;
- Develop high-potential and high performing staff and implement strategies to become a more competitive supply chain department, driving enhanced economic value to the enterprise;
- Collaborate with the executive team to ensure one voice in the supply market community optimizing materials and services requirements of the divisions with commercial competitiveness while ensuring quality and mitigating supply risks;
- Consolidate the companies spend across the divisions to maximize value for money;
- Establish process rigor and controls to ensure compliance with corporate policies;
- Develop and lead the supply chain function to cultivate a diverse high-performing team culture which proactively encourages people development and results achievement;
- Work closely with plant operations leaders and their supply chain teams to achieve operational objectives in cost, quality, delivery, and inventory turnover;
- Drive supplier quality improvement and accountability;
- Lead initiatives to ensure continuity of supply throughout the business unit to achieve uninterrupted supply of quality components and assemblies;
- Coach and develop direct reports through development dialogues and organizational leadership reviews;
- Develop and implement effective global commodity management and supply chain strategies for all direct and indirect material purchases generating bottom-line material/product cost improvement year over year, both for complete product and aftermarket parts.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop service level agreements and training for all sub-contracted drivers and 3rd party fleet vendors that includes clear expectations and processes to create a better overall customer experience;
- In collaboration with the Quality Manager, develop better processes to ensure product is leaving the plant with high quality assurance standards upheld;
- Bring “out of materials” down to less than 2% of total orders;
- Develop and implement a procure to pay process that becomes standardized and is operational through training and change management initiatives;
- Bring your knowledge and skill to support a future initiative for a new MRP system implementation.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of All Weather Windows and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- University degree in a related field such as Business, Supply Chain or Engineering;
- A professional designation in the supply chain industry such as an SCMP, PLog, CPM, CPPM, or another related designation is an asset.
- 10-15 years of leadership in supply chain, procurement, logistics and material control functions is required;
- 20+ years of experience within the supply chain industry;
- Experienced in all aspects of global supply chain management with extensive experience in sourcing, purchasing, inventory management, and logistics;
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or construction industry would be ideal;
- Excellent data analysis, numeracy, business acumen, financial analysis and IT skills;
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, operational execution, and budgeting;
- Experience in contract management and the international market will be considered as very valuable;
- Skilled in negotiation and change management;
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems;
- Knowledge of provincial and financial regulations;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial modelling and projections;
- Experienced in creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization;
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and diverse business;
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, stakeholders and government agencies;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Exceptional analytical ability;
- Proven business leadership and acumen;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills;
- Problem solving;
- Results orientation and driven;
- Accountability and dependability;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Ethics and integrity.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel across Canada and internationally up to 30% of your time to locations such as China, Vietnam and Malaysia.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join All Weather Windows in the role of the Director, Supply Chain, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ATKA-718175.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For Further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
YouTube: ProFound Talent
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *