Job ID 720
DIVISIONAL CONTROLLER – COMMERCIAL DIVISION
ProFound Talent Inc. is proud to be working with its client, All Weather Windows. Having started with a 9-person operation and a 10, 000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in 1978, they have grown to a national operation with over 750 employees and awarded as a “50 Best Managed Company” for the past 10 years reaching platinum level in excellence. With their headquarters in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include manufacturing plants located in Edmonton and Mississauga with sales branches in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, and Mississauga.
In 2008, All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) was formed as a subsidiary of All Weather Windows to service its growth in large-scale commercial clients. Specializing in commercial glazing solutions, All Weather Windows Commercial provides a wide variety of products for high rises, commercial, retail store fronts, multi-unit residential structures, hospitality, industrial and more. All Weather Windows Commercial has two operating divisions being:
- Commercial Division which installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers
- Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications
Why work with All Weather Windows Commercial Inc?
Opportunity: AWWC is a growing company, taking on bigger projects and creating opportunities for their employees. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, you can be assured that you are joining a stable employer that will be around for years to come.
Safety: All Weather Windows Commercial has obtained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Workers’ Compensation Board in all their locations and they take safety seriously.
Respect: They are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable workplace. Whether you are working in the office, shop or the field, you can expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
Community: All Weather Windows supports worthy causes in the communities in which they operate.
Growth: All Weather Windows is continuing to grow and make change to thrive and be a leader in the Canadian market. With this comes opportunity to operate at a strategic level, to be involved in decisions and to be a part of the growth and build of the organization.
As this division continues to grow, our client is currently recruiting for a Divisional Controller for the AWWC group. This newly created position reporting to the Director of Finance, will be responsible for the overall financial operations of the AWWC Group and will provide accurate and timely financial information to AWW’s management team including budgeting, forecasting, regular monthly financial reporting and analysis as required. This position will have one direct report initially and will also work closely with a shared corporate services accounting team. This position will work out of the Canadian Insulated Glass location which is located at 14407 – 128 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be an individual with extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management within both a construction and manufacturing environment who can serve as a change agent through this growth period continuing to refine and improve on the finance practices. As a senior leader within this division, you will be part of an innovative and forward-thinking finance team that is committed to identifying, developing and implementing value-added solutions to the organization.
- Partner with all stakeholders in the AWWC group to ensure that reporting is relevant, timely and supports strategic decision-making
- Manage the monthly and annual accounting operations and all related reporting to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Review, establish and monitor internal controls to protect the company and ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies.
- Optimize budgeting and forecasting, particularly as it relates to projects within a construction environment
- Prepare ad hoc reporting including pro forma financial statements, cash flow forecasting, earned value calculations, inventory costing and analysis, etc.
- Partner with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide advice and guidance on all business and finance matters including financial systems, contract administration, analysis, and reporting as these relate to the operations of AWWC.
- Lead the selection and implementation of an ERP system that supports effective project management, manufacturing and financial reporting and analysis
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Stabilize and understand the current AWWC accounting software system that is utilized within the Commercial division only. With this knowledge, identify the needs of the business, the processes and work closely with the AWW finance leadership team to identify a new ERP system for the business.
- Identify the current risk exposure of the division creating risk management plans and tools for enterprise risk management.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of All Weather Windows and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional CPA accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA).
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management within a construction and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience working in public practice would be considered an asset
- Experience with the setup of project controls in construction, industrial or commercial settings ideally on-site, would be beneficial
- Knowledge of “earned value accounting” would be considered a valuable asset
- Expert experience level with business analytics and financial variance analysis, bridging the gap between the numbers, operations and understanding what it means for the future
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight time-frames
- Experience with process design, change management and ERP computer system implementations
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Must be comfortable in an environment of constant change to support and plan for explosive growth
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with effective influencing skills
- Able to see the bigger strategic picture while being able to roll up your sleeves to operate at a tactical level as needed
- Must have the confidence supported by the knowledge to push against the norm with new ideas, processes or concepts to better the business
- Someone who can be detail oriented without getting stuck in the minutia
- A strong communicator that expresses concepts clearly and effectively
- A strong business acumen with the understanding of all areas of business with the ability to close in on gaps
- Someone who has GRIT and will push through challenges with perseverance excited to see the benefits of their hard work and commitment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join All Weather Windows Commercial division in the role of the Divisional Controller, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # AWWG-635781.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 at ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc., please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *