Job ID 6099
SMS Equipment is a global leader for equipment distribution dedicated to continuously evolving their services and product offerings to deliver value and meet the unique requirements of their customers. Partnering with leading manufacturers and customers, SMS Equipment is committed to being the number one solutions provider in the construction, forestry, and mining industries.
Values light the way for SMS Equipment. Values tell their employees, customers, and communities in which they live and work who they are and what is important to them. They help define how SMS Equipment conduct themselves and how decisions are made in order to achieve their goals. SMS is guided by these 5 values:
We are safe.
- We care for each other, without exception.
We are respectful.
- We are inclusive and open to new ideas and approaches.
We are performance-focused.
- We are accountable to exceed expectations and work collaboratively to achieve results.
We are authentic.
- We are trustworthy, genuine and act with integrity.
We are innovative.
- We are creative in delivering solutions.
For further information on SMS Equipment, please visit their website at: https://www.smsequipment.com
At SMS Equipment, their Equipment Sales Representatives are responsible managing sales of heavy equipment solutions within an assigned territory. They create and maintain solid long-term relationships with customers by leveraging their knowledge of markets, customer business and products. SMS Equipment is looking for someone who is tenacious, optimistic and a team player to join their growing sales team. This role is based in Timmins, ON.
Establish and build strong customer relationships that allow for new, continual and ongoing representation.
- Become knowledgeable and involved in all aspects of customer relationships with SMS Equipment, including service, financial services, machine application, sales, pricing, and goodwill. Create effective territory management by completing written call reports and developing regular call schedules and close relationships with customer staff at all levels in their companies.
Manage sales of equipment solutions.
- Through monitoring economic trends and new product development. Collaborate with the Sales/Operations Manager to set quotas, implement sales action plans.
Meet personal sales targets as established.
- Focus on accounts which are stable in nature within identified markets or geography. Utilize company technical, sales and promotional resources to generate leads and achieve sales goals.
Special projects as assigned.
- Participate in major promotions, new product launches, and new marketing initiatives. Leverages professional associations and affiliations to build customer networks and relationships (i.e. LinkedIn, CIM, APEGGA, etc).
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships with existing client base.
- Increase client retention rate.
- Revenue growth in territory.
- Build strong partnerships with new clients.
The successful candidate will be comfortable reading and understanding financial documents and will know how to structure sales to meet the financial requirements of customers. Additional qualifications include previous experience in:
- Effectively problem solving and balancing competing priorities
- Communicating clearly and effectively with all stakeholders across multiple platforms
- Establishing and maintaining long term effective relationships with our customers and be a trusted partner in out customers business success
- Effectively handling conflicts
- Willing to travel to remote customer locations
- Self starter
- Charismatic individual
- Independent and motivated
- Relevant education or experience in heavy equipment parts, forestry, construction, mechanics, business administration or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years experience with similar industry sales is preferred.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Timmins, Ontario (preferred). Would consider an individual located on Highway 11 corridor. This position will work from a home office and travel to locations throughout Timmins and surrounding areas.
Travel is primarily day travel with minimal overnight stays.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join SMS Equipment in the role of Equipment Sales Representative, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AOMN-244684.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *