Job ID 4694
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries. They are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of their clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. They deliver this through their technical capabilities, innovative approach, and their motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, their teams have expanded with approximately 23,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry. Applus+ is comprised of four divisions including Automotive, Energy & Industry, IDIADA, and Laboratories. With headquarters located in Spain, this global company offers a complete portfolio of solutions that address a range of needs, from asset integrity management to statutory compliance-based inspections in over 70 countries. Canadian head office operations are located in Edmonton and reach approximately 800 employees seasonally from coast to coast.
For more information on Applus+ please visit their website: https://www.applus.com/global/en/
The Executive Assistant will report to the President and is responsible for providing senior administrative and professional support. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of supporting the President including organization of his calendar and meetings, travel scheduling and bookings, creating and editing written correspondence, taking meeting minutes, pre-meeting preparation and any other administrative functions that would assist in keeping efficiencies. The incumbent enhances the President’s effectiveness and efficiency by proactively supporting administrative requirements, balancing demands on their time, and utilizing extensive administrative expertise to best support the management of critical tasks and information. Often as the first point of contact, the role provides exceptional service and professionally represents the President to all internal and external contacts.
- Coordinate and manage the calendar schedule for internal and external functions and preparation of all materials for such functions for Senior Management Team
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedule on behalf of the Senior Management
- Works closely and effectively with the President and the Senior Management Team to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, including timely and appropriate follow-up and approvals.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets for the Senior Management Team
- Plan and set Management Team meeting agendas; take notes and follow up with meeting summary, action items, and responsibilities
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President and the Canadian Management Team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response. Consolidates pending approvals and validates the correct approval authorities.
- Daily preparation of calendar schedule, meeting notes, documentation, and background information in preparation for the day and all meetings that will be attended
- Responsible for managing, resolving and/or directing concerns brought forward by staff or stakeholders,
- Research information and background as required in support of the President’s and the Senior Management Team’s activities, projects, and initiatives
- Write, draft, prepare and review correspondence on behalf of the President or the Senior Management Team
- Responsible for managing all expense related items including collating, reviewing, and completing expense claims
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Knowledgeable of and monitors office adherence to office policy/procedures
- Maintains contemporary knowledge about relevant services, practices, or products; assesses applicability to the organization and implements where appropriate
- Complete duties as assigned by the President or Senior Management Team, special projects as required by the President or Senior Management Team, some of which may have organizational impact
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Always be thinking one step ahead of the President as it relates to potential need for information, communication, planning, documentation, and event preparation; goal is to allow President to focus on the big picture while you focus on the details
- Superb attention to the finer details ensuring meetings are scheduled correctly in President’s and the Senior Management team’s calendar, travel plans are clear, Senior Management Team is prepped for meetings etc.
- Sound judgement skills: the successful candidate will build trust with the President and Senior Management Team by demonstrating that they think through situations clearly; identifying potential risks and challenges prior to making decisions/communications that could have adverse affects to the organization
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Applus+ and in supporting the success of the President, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
- Post-secondary education in office administration, business or relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management assistant role
- Advanced expertise and knowledge in use of information technology in a Windows environment using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook)
- Must be skilled in time management practices
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Maturity and discretion with confidential information
- Ability to work respectfully both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to remain calm and practical in challenging situations or conversations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and respond to and resolve issues quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Strong communicator
- A collaborator – engages peers and leadership
- Intuitive – you can function well as a “gatekeeper” managing communication that needs the attention of the President vs. communication that can be directed to others
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Innovative, a sense of creativity and imagination
- Driven towards excellence
- Confident – can speak authentically to the President through straight forward and blunt conversation when needed
- Professional in image and demeanor
- A great sense of humor
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Applus+ in the role of Executive Assistant, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # AXNA-280074.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *