Job ID 6530
Our client, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac), is a leading manufacturer of quality kraft pulp, with an annual production of about 640,000 tonnes. Since beginning operations in 1993, Al-Pac has taken pride in achieving excellence in manufacturing a high-quality product for customers in the tissue, toweling, paper and specialties sectors and for environmental performance. Al-Pac continuously invests in new technology and science to remain among the most environmentally responsible and competitive forest companies in the world.
Quality goes beyond their products at Al-Pac. It’s about their people, values, and business ethics. They strive to be an industry leader in key areas, from operations and how they work with their communities to the way they develop their team members and manage the forest. Al-Pac is always investing in new and innovative ideas while also delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
Vision – To be a good neighbour with $1 billion in diversified revenue by 2031.
Purpose – As stewards of the resources entrusted to us, we make a positive impact where we work and live.
Strategy – Diversify revenues through investment in complementary industries creating a diversified business hub that is differentiated by environmental stewardship, social impact, and strong governance.
Values – We are a values-based organization. At Al-Pac, we believe that living our values and holding each other accountable is one of the things that makes us successful in every area of our business.
Our values are important to us because they help us grow and develop. They ensure that our decisions are directed towards a specific purpose. Al-Pac’s core values support our vision and shape our culture:
For further information on Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries, please visit their website at www.alpac.ca.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries, Inc. is seeking an experienced and professional Executive Assistant to provide Executive support in the St. Albert Office location.
Supporting two Executive Team Members, this position will work closely with senior leaders, business department leaders, and other Executive Assistants. Responsible for performing a variety of functions, such as administrative support for meetings, scheduling, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and preparing a variety of documentation, this position has a key role in optimizing time and efficiencies for the Executive’s and general office operations.
- Manage inquiries and correspondence; organize and direct matters to the appropriate individuals and coordinate information on behalf of the Executive’s.
- Manage the Executive’s calendars; schedule appointments and arrange meetings, events, and travel.
- Prepare and arrange documents and information for the Executive’s for research and planning purposes, meetings, presentations, and reports.
- Prepare, organize and execute off-site strategy meetings.
- Support the Executive’s procurement needs.
- Receive visitors on behalf of the Executive’s and respond to questions and inquires promptly and accurately.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of organizational policies and procedures.
- Oversee general office operations, including building access, mail, and deliveries, building management and maintenance, meeting rooms and workspaces, and supplies and equipment.
- Onboard new office staff and provide general employee support for business systems, databases, documents, and other workflows and processes.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Always be thinking one step ahead of the Executive’s as it relates to potential need for information, communication, planning, documentation, and event preparation; goal is to allow the Executive’s to focus on the big picture while you focus on the details.
- Superb attention to the finer details ensuring meetings are scheduled correctly in Executive’s calendar, travel plans are clear, Executive’s are prepped for meetings etc.
- Sound judgement skills: the successful candidate will build trust with the Executive’s by demonstrating that they think through situations clearly; identifying potential risks and challenges prior to making decisions/communications that could have adverse affects to the organization.
- Support Executive’s and the company with change management.
- Integrate into an already-established team of Executive Assistants, ensuring effective and robust communication to aid in the seamless support of the Senior Leadership Team.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A diploma or undergraduate degree, preferably in Office Administration, Business Administration, Business Management, or another relevant field of study.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in administrative roles, ideally supporting executives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with a proven ability to self-manage tasks, timelines and priorities.
- Experienced working with sensitive and confidential information and materials.
- Able to prioritize multiple issues and tasks with sound, professional judgement.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams) and Adobe. Experience working with SAP is an asset.
- An understanding of general business and corporate processes including (but not limited to) meeting minutes, financial and corporate planning, and reporting.
- Occasional travel to the Mill near Athabasca is required, expenses paid.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Exceptional time management
- Diplomatic and professional communicator
- Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively within a team
- Capability to work independently
- Ensuring the highest standards are adhered to in executing procedures and preparing documentation is critical
- Experience with basic office management procedures
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
This position will work out of the St. Albert office with occasional travel required to Athabasca, Alberta based on business needs.
Al-Pac professional staff work Monday – Thursday from 7am – 5pm. This role will also involve occasional evening and on-call work.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. in the role of Executive Assistant, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AARI-418261.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *