Job ID 6034
Little Warriors is a national, charitable organization based in Alberta which is focused on the awareness, prevention, and treatment of child sexual abuse. They also advocate on behalf of and with child sexual abuse survivors. Obtaining charitable status in February of 2007, Little Warriors is comprised of a team of dedicated volunteers and staff that have worked to create an action based charitable organization to bring awareness, offer prevention education and treatment for children who have experienced child sexual abuse.
The Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch by Ray LaBonte and Family, opened in 2014 and is a specialized, trauma-informed evidence-based, treatment centre focused on helping children who have been sexually abused, as well as their families. This program, for girls and boys from 8-12 years old and girls between the ages of 13 and 16, was designed with significant input from many leading academic and clinical experts who specialize in child sexual abuse. The Be Brave Ranch program helps children overcome the devastating effects of child sexual abuse and change the trajectory of their lives. With the proper therapeutic interventions, child survivors of sexual abuse can become adults with strong mental health that supports a positive outlook on life and enables them to participate in life and accomplish their goals.
The name Little Warriors was inspired by a painting – the spirit of a warrior lives within every victim of child sexual abuse. The imagery of a warrior is linked to child sexual abuse because victims need the strength and spirit of their inner warrior to face their experiences and heal. Like a warrior, these children also need the help, compassion, support, and love of many people (like a tribe), to overcome the many obstacles they will face.
Little Warriors Mission is to:
- Raise awareness and provide information about child sexual abuse.
- Advocate to ensure the rights, needs and interests of children are respected and protected.
- Provide child sexual abuse prevention strategies to adults through education.
- Provide a treatment facility to help children cope with the devastating effects of child sexual abuse.
For further information on Little Warriors, please visit their website at www.littlewarriors.ca
As a member of the Little Warriors team and reporting to the CEO and Founder, you will coordinate and manage executive scheduling, prepare and organize important documents, strategic materials and plans, and support board meetings and the preparation of board materials for the Founder. This role will help the Founder connect with organizations, manage projects and critical business information, and ensure meetings and materials are efficient and effective. You will support the Founder, CEO and fund development team to help create, execute, and evaluate all philanthropic strategies and fundraising activities. You will seek opportunities to increase brand profile across media channels such as podcasts, awards, influencers/content creators, and traditional media.
General Administrative Duties
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external matters pertaining to the Chair of the Board.
- Assist the Board Chair with administrative duties and tasks as it pertains to Little Warriors events including speaking logistics and travel arrangements.
- Prepare materials needed for presentations to donors or funders.
- Handle highly confidential material on a regular basis.
- Assist with coordination of special projects on a recurring or one-time bases from start to finish.
- Arrange logistics for executive leadership participation in external meetings and presentations including audio/visual set-up, and meeting materials.
- Deliver a broad range of professional administrative support in a proactive manner and resolves issues and challenges relating to these activities.
Fund Development Duties
- Work closely with the Communications/Fund Development Manager to execute Little Warriors signature fundraising events; the Be Brave Luncheon and Golf Tournament.
- Assist with planning and executing the annual donor appreciation event.
Communications and Public Relations Duties
- Seek out interview opportunities for Little Warriors.
- Write positive story/pitches to increase organization, Founder and Clinical Director’s profile through press releases, podcasts, awards and speaking engagements.
- Assist with social media content as requested and in close collaboration with Sr. Director of Engagement.
- Additional communication duties as required.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the business and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Public Relations, Administration or a related field would be preferred.
Experience and Competencies
- 5+ years of professional experience in a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency across a broad range of administrative skills.
- Proficient in MS Office with the ability to create presentation materials.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and/or with general guidance.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization and externally.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to provide a clear, current Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Sherwood Park, Alberta
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Little Warriors in the role of Executive Assistant & Special Projects, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ACQA-450260
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *