Job ID 6881
Our client, HyTech Production Ltd., is an independent seed production company based in Lethbridge, Alberta with operations in British Columbia, Washington State, and Chile. HyTech was founded in 1998 and is an industry leader in providing seed production services to plant breeders, trait developers and seed distribution companies around the world for the production, conditioning, storage, and distribution of pedigreed seed.
The primary focus of the business is certified hybrid seed production and breeder seed inbred line maintenance and multiplication. Other services HyTech Production specializes in is production research, seed quality grow outs, facility services (treating, packaging, storage, and inventory of seed) and coordinating international shipping logistics. Integrated into all services is their extensive Quality Management Systems.
With over 20 years of providing services to the international seed industry HyTech Production prides itself on customer service and attention to detail. Whether it be hybrid seed productions, breeder seed productions or research trials, they are a full-service seed production company. HyTech Production identifies and works closely with quality cooperators that have appropriate land for seed production. Their experienced staff manages all aspects of production, conditioning, storage and distribution according to regulatory requirements as well as their internal standards implemented by their Quality Management System.
For further information on HyTech Production Ltd., please visit their website at www.hytech.ab.ca.
The Facility Operations Manager is responsible for living and promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of HyTech Production and always representing HyTech with integrity and professionalism. The Facility Operations Manager is responsible for executing HyTech’s seed enhancement business and managing facility operations to exceed all internal and external customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
The Facility Operations Manager will work closely and cooperatively within the HyTech management team as a whole and facility leaders and staff.
Facility Operations Responsibility
- Performing an active role in facility operations.
- Develop an ability to operate and instruct operations of all facility equipment.
- Scheduling and coordination of all facility operations to meet internal and external customer expectations, including but not limited to
- Seed drying, warming, treating, and packaging.
- Seed blending
- Liaise closely with Logistics and Inventory Manager for bare seed receiving and shipping of finished product.
- Management of facility human resources
- Hiring seasonal staff and staff training.
- Scheduling labor requirements and coordinating with program managers to make efficient use of HyTech staff resources.
- Manage purchasing of facility materials.
Customer Relationship Responsibility
- Seek to understand the needs of customers and how HyTech can best meet them.
- Communicate customer needs throughout the HyTech organization.
- Coordinate with SLT to represent HyTech at industry meetings.
- Support SLT to contract facility services with customers.
- Weekly call with customers especially during run of the seed – big part of the job
- Managing the schedule for the customer.
Seed Applied Technology Responsibility
- Lead Seed Applied Technologies experts and have/develop a strong working knowledge of seed applied technology, chemicals, coatings, and equipment.
- Managing schedules and customer relationships.
- Communicate knowledge within HyTech to leverage improvements in other areas.
- Utilize skills and knowledge to enhance customer relationships.
- Represent Management and lead the Facility HyTech Safety Committee.
- Ensure all operations function in a safe manner; in accordance with Provincial and Federal regulations and the procedures and standards of HyTech Production.
- Treating and Packaging Line Operator(s).
- Facility Assistants & Labourers.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships customers with an in-depth knowledge of business operations while consistently delivering on customer expectations.
- Create an environment and culture of success within department where staff engagement, collaboration, and accountability are at an optimal level.
- Operational excellence and gaps and areas for improvement have been identified with best practices being implemented to close the gaps resulting in increased operational efficiencies.
- Consistent achievement of KPI’s in revenue, quality and operational processes.
- Clean work environment.
- Ability to communicate with executive group and relay operational updates.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
Competencies and Knowledge
- Hungry, humble leader.
- Effective communicator, who has a willingness to learn.
- Enthusiastic individual with strong verbal communications.
- Needs to be in communication with customers.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Must be an extrovert.
- Ability to function independently.
- Manage the purchasing of facility materials.
- Strong leadership skills with ability and desire to coach and mentor.
- Strong organizational skills & capable of working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of technology including SharePoint, Excel, Teams, the internal customer portal.
- A critical eye for making processes more efficient or better.
- Being as lean as possible from a staffing perspective.
- Post secondary education in Agriculture preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the agriculture industry.
- Minimum 3+ years management experience.
- Independent thinker
- Takes initiative
- Enjoys problem solving and leading others through challenges.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join HyTech Production Ltd. in the role of Facility Operations Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AMOO-000148.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *