Job ID 1364
In June 1995, more than 40 corporate leaders and individuals committed their support to make Kids Kottage a reality. Leaders like the ‘First Lady’ of Alberta at the time, Mrs. Colleen Klein, and community leader and businessman, Mr. J.R. Shaw were two of the first to put their support behind the Kids Kottage vision. Since the inception of the Kottage, they have evolved in their programming and philosophies to meet the needs of thousands of children. Kids Kottage is a 24/7 shelter operation for children 10 years and under that supports families by relieving them for a 72-hour period from the challenges they face like homelessness, the effects of poverty, mental or physical health barriers and/or toxic levels of stress. The Kottage helps the whole family and fills in the gaps in a family’s support system, caring for the children while the adults are connected to the resources, they need to prevent the family from falling further into crisis. The Kottage is, above all, a prevention service provider where families can gain strength and stay together.
There are a lot of people in this world who need help. But there are a few more deserving of help than those under the age of ten. It’s about right now. It’s about the future. It’s about economics. It’s about human potential. It’s about doing the right thing. It’s about breaking the cycle. It’s about giving children a chance to live. It’s about the belief that every child deserves to feel SAFE. That’s why Kids Kottage exists.
The Kids Kottage Vision and Mission are:
Our vision is to build strong families and ensure the safe-keeping and well-being of all children.
To prevent child abuse and neglect before it becomes a way of life.
To ensure children are safely cared for when their families are in crisis or need respite.
To assist parents in crisis, continually helping them work toward meeting their potential.
For further information on Kids Kottage Edmonton, please visit their website at www.kidskottage.org.
Kids Kottage is currently recruiting for a Fund Development Manager that will report directly into the Executive Director. As the Fund Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing the philanthropic strategy and operationalizing it. Kids Kottage is primarily funded through corporate and personal donations, funds from events and grants. It will be your responsibility to align the vision of the organization with that of the external marketing firm to ensure brand awareness, presence and donor impact is visible to the market. You will identify opportunity in market, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporations, individuals, legacy donors and grant opportunities in support of Kids Kottage. You will be highly involved in bringing innovative ideas forward to create memorable events that connect the corporate community with the vision of Kids Kottage resulting in donation support.
This is an external facing role that emphasizes donor cultivation, gift solicitation, grant writing to non-government agencies, and the management of casino fundraising opportunities. This position is a key driver in designing and executing short and long-term fundraising goals for the Foundation and tracking revenue and projections to ensure that goals are met.
- Aligns with the Executive Director to understand the Kottage’s vision, core values, culture and overall direction maximizing organizational value;
- Develops a philanthropic strategy for the organization;
- Creates and manages a portfolio of Kids Kottage donors and serves as Relationship Manager for those donors; acquiring, renewing and upgrading them using a combination of cultivation tools and activities;
- Develops and executes creative strategies to expand donor base, ensuring a robust prospect pipeline;
- Brings innovation and revision to the Sponsorship levels making them relevant to the corporate strategy and brand;
- Idea generation for the four major annual fundraising events creating a fresh and fun event experience each year;
- Plan, operationalize and lead the event management for the three fundraising annual events;
- Serves as the lead for foundation grant opportunities and works on all aspects of grant research and written application development; conducts internal administrative reviews of non-government grant proposals;
- Maintains accurate data and tracking system for past, current, and prospective Foundation donors, grants and all types of foundation relations activity;
- Strengthen development communications by working alongside the marketing agency in messaging the case for support and maintaining the integrity of its purpose;
- Partners with volunteer leadership to expand the scope of donor acknowledgement strategy and options.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build the sponsorship and philanthropic strategy for Kids Kottage with measurable outcomes;
- Change the ratio of funding between philanthropic fund development and event revenue generation to a 70:30 mix;
- Work closely with the Volunteer Connector to reduce staff resourcing at events and increasing volunteer presence;
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Kids Kottage and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field would be ideal but not necessary;
- A Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) and/or Alberta Fundraising Professional (AFP) designation would be an asset;
- 2-5 years of not-for-profit fundraising experience would be ideal and/or an experienced business development professional;
- Financial acumen with an understanding of the tax implications of donations in a not-for-profit organization;
- 2 years of grant-writing with experience writing successful funding proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant reports would be an asset;
- Some experience in event planning and management;
- Demonstrated track record of successfully meeting or exceeding fundraising/sales goals;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Collaborate effectively with team-members across all levels and departments;
- Comfortable in meeting and working with executives, boards, high-net individuals and talent;
- Able to multi-task effectively, and maintain flexibility;
- Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency;
- Excellent telephone and customer-service skills as well as good written an oral communication;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Word, Outlook and Power Point along with experience in using a CRM (Raizer’s Edge) being required.
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Alignment to a higher purpose outside of oneself;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Innovative and can think outside the box;
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key donors, partners, stakeholders, staff and volunteers;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills;
- Results oriented and driven;
- Accountable and dependable.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Kids Kottage in the role of the Fund Development Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ARLS-278634.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *