Job ID 3559
Little Warriors is a national, charitable organization based in Alberta which is focused on the awareness, prevention, and treatment of child sexual abuse. They also advocate on behalf of and with child sexual abuse survivors. Obtaining charitable status in January of 2007, Little Warriors has a team of dedicated volunteers and staff that have worked to create an action based charitable organization to bring awareness, offer prevention education and treatment for children who have experienced child sexual abuse.
The Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch by Ray LaBonte and Family, opened in 2014 and is a specialized, trauma-informed evidence-based, treatment centre focused on helping children who have been sexually abused, as well as their families. This program, for girls and boys from 8-12 years old and girls between the ages of 13 and 16, was designed with significant input from many leading academic and clinical experts who specialize in child sexual abuse. The Be Brave Ranch program helps children overcome the devastating effects of child sexual abuse and changes the trajectory of their lives. With the proper therapeutic interventions, child survivors of sexual abuse can become adults with strong mental health that supports a positive outlook on life and enables them to participate in life and accomplish their goals.
The name Little Warriors was inspired by a painting. The spirit of a warrior lives within every survivor of child sexual abuse. The imagery of a warrior is linked to child sexual abuse because victims need the strength and spirit of their inner warrior to face their experiences and heal. Like a warrior, these children also need the help, compassion, support, and love of many people (like a tribe), to overcome the many obstacles they will face.
Little Warriors is committed to:
Raise awareness and provide information about child sexual abuse.
Provide a treatment facility to help children cope with the devastating effects of child sexual abuse.
Provide child sexual abuse prevention strategies to adults through education.
To ensure the rights, needs and interests of children are respected and protected.
For further information on Little Warriors, please visit their website at www.littlewarriors.ca
Little Warriors seeks a philanthropy professional focused on mid-level gift cultivation, moving donors to a major gift level and securing grants. The individual will possess a passion for fundraising and excellent communication in all mediums. As a member of the Little Warriors team and reporting to the Sr. Director of Engagement, the Development Officer will partner with fund development, communications and Little Warriors leadership to help create, execute, and evaluate all philanthropic strategies and fundraising activities with a donor-centric philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio in support of the mission and vision of Little Warriors.
- In collaboration with the fund development and leadership teams of Little Warriors, support the development and implementation of fundraising plans including budgets, goals, strategies and timelines.
- Build and refine an extensive prospect list including national prospects and potential funders.
- Initiate and coordinate meetings with prospective donors, which may include key staff or Board members and facilitate tours of the Be Brave Ranch.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with assigned donors, corporate partners, grantmaking organizations and key stakeholders to increase retention and where appropriate increase levels of engagement.
- Effectively steward assigned donors and cultivate potential sponsors and donors.
- Implement a strategy, set priorities, manage multiple projects, and work effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals as required.
- Attend third party events as required for strategic development.
- Support other organizational initiatives, projects, programs and opportunities as assigned.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Contribute to the creation of an enhanced sponsorship and philanthropic strategy for Little Warriors in collaboration with leadership team.
- Establish and solidify relationships with long-term donors to generate sustainable funding.
- Establish programs that connect Little Warriors and the Community including corporate and individual donors.
- Meet fund development goals established at the onset of the year.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field would be ideal but not necessary.
- A Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation or working towards designation is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of professional experience in non-profit or charitable organizations.
- Demonstrated success in a development function, managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Proven ability to build and manage donor and prospect connections with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising, with five or more years of experience in securing donations.
- Experience should include: Securing grants, stewardship and solicitation of individual donors, foundation and corporate sponsor development and potential donor research.
- A successful track record in implementing strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects, and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals is required.
- Proven track record of meeting challenging revenue targets.
- Preferred: Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Required: Experience with donor database systems.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Donor-centric relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently.
- Experience with researching and applying for grants and communicating with foundations.
- High energy and passion for Little Warriors mission is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to discretion, confidentiality and compassionate sensitivity in dealing with stakeholders and relationship development.
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organization and/ or its services.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Sherwood Park, Alberta
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Little Warriors in the role of Development Officer, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AWGW-857341.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *