Job ID 5393
Our client, Clark Builders, is one of the top ten general contractors in Canada and part of the largest construction organization in North America. Clark Builders serves industrial, commercial, institutional, and multi-family residential market sectors. Through an ownership structure comprised of their employees and their partner, Turner Construction Company, they maintain the culture of a small company with the distinct capabilities of an international firm. Regardless of the size, sector, location, or complexity of a project, Clark Builders will confidently deliver.
For nearly 50 years their remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, have worked together every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for their clients across Western and Northern Canada. Their clients’ success is their success. Through innovation, collaboration, and a true entrepreneurial spirit, they are not only redefining the construction experience, but are building a new one alongside their clients.
At Clark Builders they believe in a team-based approach to construction and a family-based approach to business. Their office and field teams are all local. Building the communities where they live, work and play is the most incredible privilege they get to experience. Ultimately, they are a community builder. Their teams demonstrate their core values while fostering connections with engagement and passion.
Their core values are:
- Have a Can-Do Attitude
- Respect Others
- Succeed as a Team
- Lead with Courage
- Deliver Results
At Clark Builders, they build Exceptional Experiences!
For further information on Clark Builders, please visit their website at www.clarkbuilders.com
Clark Builders is in search of a Human Resources Business Partner to join their growing HR team in Calgary. This role will report to the Director, Human Resources and will assist business leaders across the organization to understand business priorities and act as a subject matter expert in the field of Human Resources. The successful candidate will work with the HR team to develop and implement a full scope of HR programs across the business. The successful candidate must be adaptable and thrive on helping business leaders and employees solve problems. If you want to work in a positive and results driven team environment, this is the job for you!
- Provide strategic and operational HR support and guidance to managers and employees in all functional areas of HR including Employee Relations, Performance Management, Progressive Discipline, Recruitment & Selection, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Compensation & Benefits, Organization Effectiveness and Change Management.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of HR policies, processes, and initiatives.
- Conduct reviews and analyses of staffing needs.
- Develop and execute staffing strategies across the organization.
- Coordinate staff mobilizations and relocation for short-term and long-term assignments.
- Lead the implementation of Talent Management processes such as succession planning, 9-Box assessments, and leadership development activities to support organizational development.
- Lead the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Support organizational effectiveness and change management activities.
- Conduct workplace investigations and provide guidance and recommendations to managers and employees, as appropriate, to resolve issues.
- Effectively handle multiple activities concurrently.
- Lead the development and rollout of company-wide HR programs, processes, and projects.
- Understand business needs at all levels of the organization and translate them into actionable HR priorities.
- Play a key role in the development and execution of business plans within client groups.
- Occasional site visits required (PPE provided).
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build solid, trusting relationships with the HR team and senior leaders within assigned client groups, and be confident when engaging internal and external stakeholders who play a key role in the success of the business.
- Develop an awareness of key projects within their assigned client group including project locations, key contacts, project managers, and progress within each project.
- Demonstrate a resilience and comfort level with incremental change while surpassing obstacles to meet objectives.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play a key role in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business, Commerce, Social Sciences, or other related areas.
- Minimum 5+ years of broad HR Generalist experience preferably in Construction, Projects, Operations, or related industry (3+ years experience will be considered if individual has completed an internship program in a related field).
- Hands-on experience in delivering support to the business in key functional areas of HR.
- Exposure to Commercial or Industrial construction an asset.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong consulting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong and proven execution orientation including application of problem solving and decision-making techniques.
- Exposure to / understanding of principles of lean thinking.
- Knowledge level competency for HR Strategy & Business Understanding, Systems Thinking, Policies, Compensation & Benefits, Change Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Organization Effectiveness and Progressive Discipline.
- Attention to details and self-starter with a strong customer focus.
- Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, reporting, preparing, and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Policy and program development experience.
- Skill level competency for HR Business Partnering, Performance Management, Investigations, Succession Planning and Workforce Planning.
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Highly accountable
- Enjoys change and leading others through it
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Highly collaborative
- Forward thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
- Comfortable communicating virtually
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Calgary, Alberta with a flexible work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Clark Builders in the role of Human Resources Business Partner, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # A000412 AHHQ-607667.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *