Job ID 5473
MTE Logistix was established in 1920 with little more than a warehouse, a couple of trucks and a mission to provide the best service in the industry. Since then, they have grown to become one of Western Canada’s largest 3PL providers. Fuelled by an unfailing commitment to client success, and backed by a century of experience, MTE Logistix operates more than 3 million square feet of warehouse space across multiple facilities in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta and employs nearly 300 people.
MTE Logistix is continuing to scale and grow their business offering great opportunity to join an industry leader where you can be a part of their growth strategy and in making a difference to their business and of their valued clients. MTE Logistix works hard to create a positive, fulfilling environment where their people are valued and given every opportunity to develop and succeed. There’s never been a better time to join their team and to see where your career can grow!
For more information on MTE Logistix, visit their website at www.mtelogistix.com.
MTE Logistix is expanding their Calgary operations and is looking to hire a Human Resources Generalist to work in Calgary supporting all Calgary operations. You will report to the Human Resources Manager, located in Edmonton, AB, and will be responsible for understanding the needs of the Calgary operations and providing full HR support including administering recruitment and retention programs, coordinating, and inspecting all compliance requirements, providing guidance on policy, practices, and procedures, implementing HR programs, supporting health & safety initiatives, and advising senior management on employee and labor relations matters. This position is accessible and is actively engaged with all staff and acts as a communications conduit for improving the organizations effectiveness with its people, with the objective of continuously improving the satisfaction and performance of the workforce and the quality of the workplace.
You will work alongside the Calgary leadership team which consists of a General Manager, Operations Manager and Customer Service Manager in supporting the business and its current 53 staff through continued growth.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and supervisors related to their employee relations issues.
- Support the company’s recruitment program, place advertising, extend all job offers, and onboard new hires.
- Administer the Collective Agreement and liaise with the union representatives. Participate in grievance resolution and hold any regularly scheduled union/management meetings.
- Provide local support for company safety program, administer manuals, reference materials, WCB, and employee safety certifications.
- Support the administrative function of the department, maintaining logs, reports, filing, employee correspondence, etc.
- Liaise in a timely and accurate manner with partners in accounting for payroll purposes.
- Continually enhance the company’s human resource materials and resources, making recommendations to management on human resources policies.
- Provide support in the areas of Change Management and Organizational Dynamics for various levels of the company’s management team.
- Provide advice and guidance on compensation programs and wage levels in the local marketplaces.
- Supports the overall corporate HR department including initiatives and recruiting for Edmonton.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Establish a solid HR presence within Calgary operations, creating intentional awareness and implementation of HR practices and principles.
- Create solid, trusting relationships with staff and leadership which fosters an environment of collaboration and unity.
- Ensure that initiatives are developed and implemented successfully, particularly on the recruitment and retention side, and that HR functions are adding value to the division.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Commerce, Social Sciences, or other related areas.
- 3 – 5 years of broad HR Generalist experience preferably in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related industry preferred
- Hands-on experience in delivering support to the business in key functional areas of HR.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong consulting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong and proven execution orientation including application of problem solving and decision-making techniques.
- Exposure to / understanding of principles of lean thinking.
- Knowledge level competency for HR Strategy & Business Understanding, Systems Thinking, Policies, Compensation & Benefits, Change Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Organization Effectiveness and Progressive Discipline.
- Attention to details and self-starter with a strong customer focus.
- Policy and program development experience.
- Skill level competency for HR Business Partnering, Recruitment, Performance Management, and Workforce Planning.
- Highly accountable
- Confident and outgoing
- Enjoys change and leading others through it
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Highly collaborative
- Forward thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
- Strong proactive communication skills
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join MTE Logistix in the role of Human Resources Generalist, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ALKD-870703. Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *