Job ID 6107
MTE Logistix was established in 1920 with little more than a warehouse, a couple of trucks and a mission to provide the best service in the industry. Since then, they have grown to become one of Western Canada’s largest 3PL providers. Fuelled by an unfailing commitment to client success, and backed by a century of experience, MTE Logistix operates more than 3.5 million square feet of warehouse space across multiple facilities in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta and employs nearly 350 people.
MTE Logistix is continuing to scale and grow their business offering a great opportunity to join an industry leader where you can be a part of their growth strategy, making a difference to their business and their valued clients. MTE Logistix works hard to create a positive, fulfilling environment where their people are valued and given every opportunity to develop and succeed. There’s never been a better time to join their team and to see where your career can grow!
For more information on MTE Logistix, visit their website at www.mtelogistix.com.
The Manager Human Resources is responsible for planning and leading the human resources department with respect to leading all aspects of personnel requirements, hiring protocols, recruitment of new employees, providing equal opportunity employment, payroll and benefit options, learning and development programs, labour relations and partnering to provide expert guidance to the MTE Logistix Executive team.
Reporting to the VP Strategic Development, the Manager Human Resources will be responsible to manage the HR team. The incumbent will be tasked to spearhead strategic learning and development initiatives, to support in cultivating people managers, and employee progression driving increased levels of retention.
- Identify recruitment opportunities to fill missing capabilities within the group.
- Lead the HR team in identifying and fulfilling labour requirements at all levels across the group.
- Proactively cultivate a pool of recruitable talent.
- Ensure participation in job fairs and online recruitment forums.
- Develop a highly effective onboarding program to deliver a quality recruitment and retention solution.
Learning & Development
- Create a learning and development strategy and plans aligned with the HR strategic agenda.
- Deliver new learning programs to foster the growth and evolution of their teams.
- Deliver interactive and engaging training while ensuring content meets business needs.
- Evaluate training solutions based on effectiveness, ROI, value, and longevity.
- Implement learning programs to address needs of multiple business units.
- Implement and manage the learning management system (LMS), defining content, scheduling and tracking attendance and completion.
- Seek out the latest research and best practices in identifying key trends in industry.
- Train hiring managers and HR employees on how to select, manage, evaluate, and retain diverse employees.
- Measure and forecast diversity metrics.
Team, Client, & Project Management
- Coach, mentor and develop the HR team.
- Develop and deliver annual HR goals in collaboration with VP Strategic Development.
- Lead and support HR generalists in union matters including collective bargaining agreement (CBA) negotiations.
- Manage vendors as required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the group.
- Provide guidance to people leaders for all phases of the Performance and Reward cycle, including annual review program, calibration, goal setting and reward planning.
- Provide a proactive HR consultation service to all people managers, advising them on all people issues that arise within their teams.
- Participate in succession planning and workforce planning activities.
Compliance & Systems Management
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment and labour laws (provincial and federal).
- Oversight and management of LMS and HRIS.
- Coordinate and develop maintenance and application of procedures and policies related to solid human resources practices.
- Support business leaders through periods of transformation, providing change management frameworks.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects to drive efficiency.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Creation and implementation of a fully functional learning and development program.
- Development of an organizational engagement and retention strategy including key performance metrics aligning to the organization’s goals.
- Review and refresh existing policies and standard operating procedures; training and tracking team members company-wide to the revised standards.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business, Commerce, Social Sciences, or other related areas is preferred.
- CPHR designation is required.
- 10 years generalist experience in functional HR leadership.
- Experience in building engagement and retention strategies including learning and development programs having shown progression through metrics.
- Experience in labour relations including with some involvement in the collective bargaining process.
- Policy and program development experience.
- Involvement with all levels of an organization with capability to flex between executive and front line staff.
- Hands-on experience in delivering support to the business in key functional areas of HR.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of building and developing HR processes.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of labour laws and HR best practices.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to remain calm during periods of volume.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong consulting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- A master in the art of asking the right questions to find the true source of an organization’s issues.
- An outstanding popularizer who knows how to orchestrate various channels of communication to relay the organization’s messaging to all employees without misrepresentation.
- A dynamic and engaging leadership style that fosters strong working relationships based on credibility and open communication.
- Highly accountable.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, programs, and high-quality deliverables.
- Enjoys building programs from the ground up.
- Self directed and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Effective listener.
- Confident and outgoing.
- Enjoys change and leading others through it.
- Respectful of others.
- Positive attitude and energy.
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
- Strong proactive communication skills.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta with the ability to travel to Calgary monthly.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join MTE Logistix in the role of Human Resources Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AADW-042364.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *