Job ID 5591
Our client, a leader in an industrial setting with longevity in business and a strong track record of success, has a need for an IT Manager in Edmonton. This organization is highly established, has a strong reputation in market and continues to grow and thrive. As this is a confidential search, details on the organization will be released only to those short-listed for the opportunity.
The IT Manager will report to senior leadership and will contribute to the economic success of the company by ensuring that Information Technology (IT) delivery capability meets current business needs while identifying opportunities that support future growth and sustainability agendas. The role achieves this primarily by ensuring that business IT requirements are documented, prioritized, and managed to fulfillment.
This position is responsible for working alongside the organization’s leadership team to facilitate and supervise the daily IT activities by designing, monitoring, and implementing information systems in compliance with corporate policies and processes to manage and maintain the User Endpoint Devices.
- Oversee the management, strategy, and execution of the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Manage and prioritize activities of the IT team to achieve identified corporate objectives.
- Provide leadership in fostering an organizational culture that supports a strong focus on safety, IT alignment with business needs, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement, innovation, and excellence.
- Define and communicate role and task standards for direct reports, monitor performance against these standards, and take remediation action where appropriate.
- Mentor direct report on business relationship management, and project lifecycle management skills.
- Work with direct reports to formulate and implement individual development plans that will result in improved performance and capability.
- Develop and manage departmental operating budgets and capital expenditures.
- Development of IT enhancement and operational requirements and priorities that clearly supports the business’ short and medium-term strategic objectives.
- Participate in business case development for specific projects and capital expenditure proposals that have an IT requirement or implication.
- Management of the development and delivery of appropriate business specific systems capability and architecture including co-ordination of business user involvement.
- Organize and manage the process to provide active support to the business to maintain 24/7 coverage for mission critical activities.
- Plan and recommend to executive a long-term approach to future IT infrastructure and services such as physical network upgrades and access; server and storage technologies and systems and software to support the long-term business plans
- Provide guidance to managers, supervisors and operational team through direct contact and attendance to scheduled meetings on:
- Ways to leverage current IT portfolio to derive improved business value
- New or emerging technologies that have the potential to add business value
- Assigning priorities to key business related IS initiatives
- IT risk identification and mitigation plans
- IT budget adherence and/or significant variations
- IT project progress and status reports
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Gain a full understanding of business operations and the role IT plays within each business unit.
- Develop metrics, alongside the leadership team, and effectively meet KPI’s for the enhancement of operational requirements and priorities to support corporate strategic objectives.
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships within the team, colleagues, leadership team, and various stakeholders.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience showing a progression in responsibility and management.
- 4+ years’ experience managing in an information technology environment.
- Experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience managing a 24/365-day operations support department.
- Understanding of network and workstation hardware, wide and local area network architecture, operating systems, and business software.
- Project management skills, including experience in implementation of replacement hardware and software business solutions.
- Microsoft 365 or other ERP experience highly regarded.
- Experience with manufacturing systems and their relationship to business systems.
Competencies and Knowledge
- A clear and effective communicator within all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional mentorship skills as well as developmental and coaching skills, with the ability to help those who are unaccustomed to change.
- Ability to think progressively and analytically, leveraging market intelligence in evaluating service providers.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts while evaluating the performance of service providers as if an extension of staff.
- Effective project management skills with the proven ability to manage all aspects of a project including documenting scope, prioritizing project tasks, establishing milestones, communicating project status and anticipating the unknown.
- Technically proficient with the ability to leverage the market in ways that enables technology to drive the business, enable change, and add current and perceived future value.
- Highly accountable
- Strong organizational skills
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with department managers, end users, IT staff and external IT service providers.
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of IT Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #ASLB-266867.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *