Job ID 1787
SureHire Occupational Testing started operation in Edmonton in 2004. Their Founders, Physiotherapists in profession, recognized the high volume of injured employees that were seeking treatment. They believed there to be an opportunity to create preventative solutions to avoid an injured workforce. With this vision, they founded SureHire Occupational Testing which has grown from one to nine locations across Alberta and has created national partnerships to service its customers across Canada.
SureHire offers the full spectrum of occupational testing services. This includes Fitness to Work, Drug & Alcohol, Audiometric, Lung Health and some specialized testing services. SureHire uses its national exclusive testing network to offer standardized testing to organizations across many industries. These services, combined with the fastest and easiest to use results and booking system in the industry, allow SureHire’s clients to get the full picture of their workforce.
For further information on the SureHire, please visit their website at www.surehire.com.
The Manager, People & Culture will report to the Vice President, Operations and is responsible for all human resources activity within the organization. The successful individual will oversee and lead the People & Culture function by design, management and implementation of People & Culture policies, practices and programs. This individual will be responsible for managing a team of three (3) people including a Payroll & Benefits Administrator, a People & Culture Administrator, and a People & Culture Advisor. The Manager, People & Culture will have overall responsibility for recruitment, employee relations, performance management, an employee feedback survey, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, human resource analysis and reporting, and training and development. While this position is at a leadership level, the individual must be willing to operate at a “hands on” level.
- Facilitate weekly one-on-one team member meetings & monthly department meetings
- Lead the execution of People & Culture Strategic Goals
- Attend and contribute to weekly leadership meetings; reporting on People & Culture KPIs
- Provide coaching and resources to Employees and Supervisors with respect to policy and procedure, compensation and benefits, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations
- Review required paperwork regarding any changes to employment terms, providing details to the Administrator, People & Culture
- Deliver applicable People & Culture related training to SureHire team (i.e. Performance Management training)
- Draft applicable performance management and employee communication documentation
- Manage People & Culture related projects; participating in or delegating to team members and overseeing (i.e. onboarding, new selection tools)
- Recruitment & Selection of senior roles
- Bi-weekly Payroll review and reporting
- Facilitate Annual Initiatives
- Performance and Compensation Review process
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Management of Group Benefit Plan
- Additional duties & tasks when assigned
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Be a change agent alongside the leadership team in shifting and enhancing the organizational culture
- Be a part of the leadership team that is moving the organization from a physical working space to creating a smaller office footprint moving to a more remote/home-based staffing model. Be a part of the change management, planning and facilitation of this model.
- Continue the momentum of talent mapping and succession planning within the organization creating a training model and performance management program that aligns to this and the SureHire priorities and strategies.
- Create an RRSP plan for the company which will include identifying the right vendor and implementation of the program.
- Research and develop a new performance review process, aligning pay for performance compensation plans to it.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of SureHire and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is required
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a generalist human resources capacity
- Minimum of 3 years at a leadership level supporting an organization or business unit with specific skill in Employee Relations issues;
- Supporting and advising on payroll related inquiries related to Employment Standards and best practices
Competencies and Knowledge
- Has knowledge of Human Resource strategies related to: Recruitment & Selection, Payroll, Organizational Development, Rewards & Compensation, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits and Employee Relations
- Knowledgeable and familiar with federal and provincial employment standards and employment legislation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and ethical workplace behavior
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and employees
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make impartial decisions without having all information
- Ability to maintain a neutral stance during conflict
- Ability to deal well with change, have change management skills and be open to suggestions
- Ability to deal with conflict and establish a cooperative environment; and
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Warm and professional with clear boundaries
- Passionate about strong customer service
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Team player
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join SureHire Occupational Testing in the role of the Manager, People & Culture, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID #ADFG-416522.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *