Job ID 5282
Our client, Finning, is the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer delivering unrivalled service for over 85 years. They sell, rent, and provide parts and service for equipment and engines to customers in various industries including mining, construction, petroleum, forestry, and a wide range of power systems applications.
Since 1933, when Finning was first established in Canada by Earl B. Finning, their name has conveyed integrity, reliability, and resourcefulness. Over the years, the company has grown as a result of a genuine commitment to earning customer loyalty. With their broad product support infrastructure and unmatched service capabilities, they deliver solutions that enable customers to achieve the lowest equipment owning and operating costs while maximizing uptime. Finning employs over 13,000 people world-wide and operates within the geographies of Finning Canada, Finning UK & Ireland, and Finning South America, with Finning International’s head office located in Surrey, BC and Finning Canada’s head office located in Edmonton, AB.
Finning has been working to earn their customers’ loyalty by delivering unrivalled service for more than eight decades. Their dedication to serving their customers has helped them spread their roots from British Columbia to become the world’s largest Caterpillar dealers.
With a purpose of partnering and innovating to build and power a better world, along with a vision of leveraging their global expertise and insight making them a trusted partner in transforming their customers’ performance, Finning is also true to their values which are:
We are Trusted
We are Collaborative
We are Innovative
We are Passionate
For further information on Finning, please visit their website at https://www.finning.com/en_CA.html.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition will report to the Director, HR services and will help develop, drive, and execute on Finning’s recruitment strategies supporting Finning Canada, Finning International and their Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in their evolution as a company. This role will be accountable for continually improving the recruitment portfolios, tools, customer support and enhancing the candidate experience. This individual will lead the recruitment team within Finning Canada and work closely with Hiring Managers, Senior Leaders, and the Executive team.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition will provide leadership and effective implementation of the talent acquisition agenda underpinned by a culture of inclusion, diversity, and a positive candidate experience.
- Design and manage a high-volume full lifecycle recruiting process in a complex unionized workforce that offers a positive candidate experience from first contact through to onboarding within the first 90 days.
- Design and develop creative talent acquisition strategies and proactively build an ongoing pipeline of qualified candidates to ensure future talent needs are met.
- Lead a team that develops sourcing strategies and recruiting plans, presents pre-qualified top candidates to hiring managers, develops/negotiates offers with candidates and creates the onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Link recruitment activities to succession and talent development strategies by identifying and capitalizing on key opportunities to mobilize internal key talent and attract external candidates.
- Provide expertise in market insights, talent landscape and an understanding of talent needs to support company growth plans and forecast.
- Promote an environment of creativity and innovation focused on practical improvements, as well as break through that support the organization’s mission and vision
- Establish operational objectives for the department including work plans and delegating assignments to team.
- Promote an environment of creativity and innovation focused on useable improvements that support the organization’s mission and vision.
- Champion implementation of approaches that improve the talent acquisition processes, approaches, tools, and outcomes.
- Utilize superior leadership and influencing skills as well as the ability to drive strong talent outcomes across the organization.
- Superb planning and an ability to execute complex initiatives and lead multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability and willingness to be both strategic and tactical.
- Strong client relationship skills, including proficiency in prioritizing critical client issues and managing workflow.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop a highly effective and proactive recruitment strategy with clear objectives that result in an efficient team that exceeds the internal customer expectations.
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships with the leadership team and cross-functional departments to support operational and business goals.
- Instill a culture of comradery and collaboration within the Talent Acquisition team and cross-functionally within the HR Services team and overall company operations.
- Accountable to your word, reliable and a self-starter that communicates regularly to foster mutual respect in relationships.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- University degree from a recognized institution in a discipline related to Business, HR Management, or a related area of study.
- Relevant and up to date professional accreditation such as Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) or Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) is an asset.
- 10+ years full-life cycle Corporate Recruitment / Talent Acquisition experience in a progressive, fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive managerial experience to include management of staff in multiple locations.
- Experience developing innovative and creative approaches to recruitment.
- Experience in a unionized work environment.
- Experience dealing with and influencing senior leaders/executives.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of ATS, HRIS; Workday would be preferred.
- Current knowledge of human resources best practices, emerging issues, and legislation.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining KPIs as well as reporting and providing various workforce metrics as it relates to new hires, retention, turnover, sources of hire, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in utilization of key social recruiting platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Professionally networked within the HR community to access experts as needed in the areas of employee relations, leadership development, change management, and total rewards.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge with experience in being a trusted advisor for organizations.
- Put the Finning values including customer experience and quality first.
- Exceptional communication skills of both the written and verbal word.
- Outstanding systematic project management skills with the ability to remain focussed on the big picture while staying on top of small details.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- High level of emotional intelligence with ability to observe oneself, their team, and meaningfully reflect on those observations
- Able to find efficiencies through technology
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta or Surrey, British Columbia with option for a flex/hybrid work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Finning Canada in the role of Manager, Talent Acquisition, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ABRK-835166.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *