Job ID 3456
Our client, ATB Financial, puts people first and they have been doing it for more than 80 years. In that time, they have grown and changed from one small Treasury Branch to become the largest Alberta-based financial institution, with assets of nearly $55.6 billion. Along the way, they have transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. And they are just getting started.
Today, ATB’s more than 5,000 team members love to deliver exceptional experiences to nearly 800,000 clients through their many branches and agencies, their 24-hour Client Care Centre, four entrepreneur centres, and their digital banking options. Everything they do is focused on how they can serve Albertans—from providing expert advice and supporting entrepreneurs to helping Albertans buy a home and grow their wealth. They are invested in their client’s success because it is their success too.
ATB has one purpose and that is YOU. Knowing you is the essence of ATB Financials’ business. They understand the challenges their clients face, and they work with you to find the best solutions, providing strong financial and investment advice, as well as quality products and services to help you reach your goals. Their commitment and connection to the people of this province, combined with their world-class capability and competency and their unbridled enthusiasm for helping clients succeed, make ATB the choice of a growing number of Albertans.
A typical corporate mission and vision statement didn’t seem quite right for ATB. They needed something simple yet powerful to inspire them to come to work each day. A purpose that captures the spirit of what they are trying to achieve for their clients and for each other. This, is ATB’s purpose:
We exist to make it possible.
To turn what-if into when.
To find a better way…
in more than just banking.
To wrap our talent, tech, and wisdom
around the obsessive belief
that anything is possible.
In Alberta, and far beyond.
With each day a chance
to uplift legacies and livelihoods—
in ways not yet imagined.
By listening and learning,
advising and creating.
Because remarkable things happen
when we ask “what if?”
In 2020, ATB was recognized by Great Place to Work® Canada as being the #1 place to work in Canada, as well as Best Workplaces for Inclusion and Best Workplaces for Women. In 2019, Great Place to Work® Canada named ATB as the second-best place to work in Canada as well as recognized ATB as a Best Workplaces for Giving Back, Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance, Best Workplaces for Millennials and Best Workplaces in Alberta. Also in 2019, ATB was named a Kincentric Best Employer and from Chief Learning Officer® was given the Learning in Practice strategy award.
To learn more about ATB Financial, please visit their website at www.atb.com.
The Managing Director, Experience Enablement reports to the Executive Vice President and Head, Advisory Experience reporting into the Chief Experience Officer. As the Managing Director, Experience Enablement you are accountable for setting the expectations speciﬁc to how team members deliver ATB’s client experience. You have two functional teams reporting to you, including Experience Strategy which sets the strategy and direction and Learning Experience responsible for instructional design and knowledge. Through inﬂuence and engagement of a team of professionals and key stakeholders, you and your team will build the people capabilities, systems, tools, and processes required to execute the strategic journey roadmap through ATB’s client focussed teams. Client focused teams include those individuals in retail, business, and wealth management who are front and centre with YOU.
In simple terms, you are leading the strategy, education, and facilitation of the customer experience journey by ensuring all ATB client focused staff are delivering a consistent and elevated client experience that aligns to ATB’s customer journey roadmap.
- Lead the design, development and deployment of people capabilities, systems, tools, and processes required to deliver the strategic roadmap. Understand and deﬁne the team member journey and associated attributes, programs, and reward systems that will enable consistently remarkable experiences for their clients, and scalable business results for ATB.
- Collaborate in a networked model with multiple stakeholders on the creation and execution of programs within a system of team member journey themes, including future skill identiﬁcation, training and development, measurement, and reward.
- Ensure roadmaps are developed, to plan and deliver enablement for initiatives that advance the journeys.
- Prioritize and sequence eﬀorts to ensure achievement of enterprise milestones.
- Research and leverage cutting edge talent enablement processes and tools, experimenting, and iterating to drive better outcomes.
- Ensure complete and fulsome change impact assessments and plans for all initiatives.
- Take inputs and opportunities from multiple sources, assess, and align them to strategic objectives and plans.
- Leverage evidence, data, and expertise into actionable people strategies in service to the strategic roadmap.
- Be a strong advocate of their purpose and customer centric approach. Support the team members and partners to understand and align with the why and master the how.
- Demonstrate value created and delivered by strategic initiatives through meaningful KPI’s.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop an 8+ year long-term strategy including a functional and practical roadmap/plan to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Construct a focused mandate providing team members with a sense of clarity, purpose, focus, and accountability resulting in a highly engaged and high-performing enablement team.
- Assess the skill required on the team to achieve the desired outcomes and create a plan to re-skill and/or hire talent where gaps may exist to achieve key metrics and goals of the division.
- Bring new vision, experience, and accomplishments from past roles where you have demonstrated your knowledge and skill thereby creating credibility to influence.
- Hit milestones on a key project, that is underway, that is reviewing and understanding the future of the Advisory business and the skills required to meet future needs.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary degree, ideally in a business discipline.
- Human Resources Certiﬁcation from an industry accepted human resources association such as a CPHR, HRCI or SHRM, would be an asset.
- A certificate in Adult Education and/or a demonstrated knowledge within adult education would be an asset.
- A Certified Customer Experience Professional Designation (CCXP) or working towards one, would be an asset.
- 10+ years of experience including developing strategy and leading organizational initiatives with the ideal candidate having experience in financial advisory services, wealth services and/or professional services.
- A high level of experience and skill in the customer experience journey including developing strategy, processes, roadmaps, problem statements, outcome design and performance metrics is needed.
- Demonstrated track record of success in building strategy, engaging key stakeholders, influencing, and leading change is required.
- Proven experience creating and leading high performing teams that are working towards meeting key performance metrics and outcomes.
- Consulting and communication skills with the ability to inﬂuence and translate complex ideas into a comprehensible plan and interpret business strategy into talent strategy and priorities.
- Experience building and leveraging highly collaborative partnerships with a multitude of stakeholders across the organization.
Competencies and Knowledge
- An ability to build credibility to influence and create change.
- Expertise in the customer experience journey including aligning internal teams to deliver on desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of adult education with the expertise to lead an effective educational delivery team to successfully instruct approximately 2800 client focused ATB internal team members.
- Involvement in professional services, financial or wealth advisory services with an understanding of the customer experience journey and the needs of a sophisticated consumer.
- Conﬂict-resolution, bringing competing interests together to craft an eﬀective outcome with experience in a networked or matrixed model being an asset.
- Change enabler who can translate plans into reality, anticipate expectations, and shift behavior.
- An effective team leader who provides strategic direction, vision, purpose, and focus creating a highly engaged team.
- Positive attitude and energy.
- A sense of humour.
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Highly accountable taking initiative and having pride in achieving goals.
- Resilient with an ability to have authentic frank conversation.
- Demonstrates GRIT pushing past obstacles with perseverance and persistence.
- A problem solver that focuses on solution creation to challenging situations.
- An influencer who develops relationships, engages stakeholders, and identifies opportunities.
- Respectful of others.
- Collaborative and team player.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta with preference being Edmonton.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join this company in the role of the Managing Director, Experience Enablement, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AIBK-535865.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104 or Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *