Job ID 3040
ProFound Talent Inc. is proud to be working with our client, All Weather Windows. Having started with a 9-person operation and a 10, 000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in 1978, they have grown to become an industry leader in Western Canada with over 600 employees and awarded as a “Best Managed Company” for the past 10 years reaching platinum level in excellence. With their headquarters in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include two manufacturing plants located in Edmonton with Customer Solution Centres in Langley, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg.
In 2008, All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) was strategically created to service a growing market of large-scale commercial clients. Specializing in commercial glazing solutions, All Weather Windows Commercial provides a wide variety of products for high rises, commercial, retail store fronts, multi-unit residential structures, hospitality, industrial and more. The Commercial Division installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers.
In 2015 All Weather Windows purchased Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) and rebranded as All Weather Windows Glass which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications.
Why work with All Weather Windows?
Opportunity: AWW is a growing company, taking on bigger projects and creating opportunities for their employees. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies you can be assured that you are joining a stable employer that will be around for years to come.
Safety: All Weather Windows has obtained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Workers’ Compensation Board and safety is their #1 priority.
Respect: They are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable workplace. Whether you are working in the office, shop, or the field, you can expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
Community: At All Weather Windows, their vision is to improve the lives of families, one family at a time. They are about empowerment. They want to set individuals up for long term success by providing assistance to health and wellness initiatives, supporting students in their career specific studies, helping children and families below the poverty line, and by devoting time to aid in the construction of shelter for those in need. They have looked to their incredible community for support when they started and now it is their privilege to offer a helping hand.
Growth: All Weather Windows is continuing to grow and make change to thrive and be a leader in the Canadian market. With this comes opportunity to operate at a strategic level, to be involved in decisions and to be a part of the growth and build of the organization.
The Product Manager – Glass will report into the Director of Marketing & Customer Experience and will be responsible for understanding the current offering and target audience, identifying market opportunity, and influencing leadership and executive on where investment dollars should be allocated for future. The successful individual will be responsible for researching the market, identifying new target audiences, creating the value proposition, educating internal teams (sales, operations and executive) on the need and products, assisting the Director with the pricing strategy, financial analysis of the viability of the product, and working alongside supply chain, operations and installation on systems to support the product expansion and growth.
The culture and leadership style within the marketing team is one of passion, creativity, and flexibility. The marketing team is a very passionate team who care a lot about AWW and their impact to the organization. The team operates in a flexible work environment recognizing that this promotes creativity, commitment, and excitement to their initiatives. While they may be busy, they always find time for celebration for their successes and for some fun!
The Ideal Candidate will have experience with Product Management, Product Development, and Analysis. For the first few years, this role will be highly focused on identifying the market opportunity, and training the sales team in Western Canada in learning the intricacies of the product line, pricing and estimating it and in increasing their knowledge base so they can sell it effectively to their customer base. You will need to bring superior attention to detail, excellent communication skills, relationship building skills, the ability to transfer knowledge to a team, as well as a strong business development acumen.
- Analysis and development of key content to educate field on competitive products, pricing, and value proposition
- Identifying product lines and helping sales team become knowledgeable and proficient with selling product
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information; develop product sales strategies
- Act as the voice of the customer in the organization
- Bring new glass products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules
- Actively support sales teams in competitive situations
- Working with customers, along with sales and service teams; identify key business use cases, drive enhancements and requirements into the product development process
- Define the product portfolio strategy, roadmap and execute on the playbook
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Help guide sales tools and collateral
- Prepare short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
- Working with the Director, determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop and train the Western Canadian Sales team ensuring at a minimum 75%, are proficient in the product knowledge, are comfortable in selling the glass product and ultimately, resulting in the sales team meeting their glass sales targets.
- 90% quality rate in orders being processed the first time right. This will involve working with and influencing operational leaders, shipping, manufacturing, installation, and purchasing to ensure all are trained and understand the product line to be able to drive quality results.
- Consistent achievement of KPI’s in revenue, quality and operational processes.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of All Weather Windows and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- University degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Product Management or General Management with strong knowledge and skill in identifying market opportunity and internal influencing and selling
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) that has demonstrated skill in training and educating a sales teams on new products
- Proven ability to prepare product marketing proposals with a blend of focused research, strategy, and creativity
- Proven ability to understand the customer through various means including but not limited to sales team collaboration, market research, customer listening activities
- Building materials background would be an asset
- Prior knowledge of the glass industry would be an asset
- Looking for an extrovert to compliment a team of introverts
- Must be a driver personality that is able to look at the details without getting stuck in them
- Adapt and learn quickly to a product line in an environment that is fast paced
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with effective influencing skills
- Must be comfortable in an environment of constant change to support and plan for growth
- Someone who is outgoing and socially confident
- Able to see the bigger strategic picture while being able to roll up your sleeves to operate at a tactical level as needed
- Must have the confidence supported by the knowledge to push against the norm with new ideas, processes, or concepts to better the business
- A strong business acumen with the understanding of all areas of business
- Someone who has GRIT and will push through challenges with perseverance
- Excellent attention to detail, working independently
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- The ability to think unconventionally and see things from new perspectives
- Learns new concepts, processes, and product lines quickly
- Good computer skill set with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to offer ideas and create solutions proactively
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join All Weather Windows in the role of the Product Manager – Glass, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ANEX-382083.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *