Job ID 5705
Our client, HyTech Production Ltd., is an independent seed production company based in Lethbridge, Alberta with operations in British Columbia, Washington State, and Chile. HyTech was founded in 1998 and is an industry leader in providing seed production services to plant breeders, trait developers and seed distribution companies around the world for the production, conditioning, storage, and distribution of pedigreed seed.
The primary focus of the business is certified hybrid seed production and breeder seed inbred line maintenance and multiplication. Other services HyTech Production specializes in is production research, seed quality grow outs, facility services (treating, packaging, storage, and inventory of seed) and coordinating international shipping logistics. Integrated into all services is their extensive Quality Management Systems.
With over 20 years of providing services to the international seed industry HyTech Production prides itself on customer service and attention to detail. Whether it be hybrid seed productions, breeder seed productions or research trials, they are a full-service seed production company. HyTech Production identifies and works closely with quality cooperators that have appropriate land for seed production. Their experienced staff manages all aspects of production, conditioning, storage and distribution according to regulatory requirements as well as their internal standards implemented by their Quality Management System.
For further information on HyTech Production Ltd., please visit their website at www.hytech.ab.ca.
The Production Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing all aspects of the Certified Production program in Southern Alberta. This includes field level responsibilities related to the production of hybrid seed as well as program management. The main goal is to produce seed that meets or exceeds internal and customer standards and expectations. You will provide guidance, confident and persuasive advice, solid agronomy, and other related assistance necessary to produce seed crops of the highest quality and yield. This will all be performed and managed with the highest of integrity and safety practices in mind.
- Lead and mentor the Production Agronomy team.
- Ensure all functions related to parent seed production such as treating, packaging, and allocation are in place.
- Build and maintain grower business relationships.
- Oversee Grower and Service Provider recruitment and perform annual reviews.
- Manage mid/long term production planning and timeframes.
- Responsible for budget management and performing regular cost analyses.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage field placements in consultation with grower partners and service providers.
- Measure and report on inventories on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety regulations.
- Build and execute production plans as required by sales forecasts.
- Conduct grower assessments and risk assessments.
- Negotiate and manage the implementation of grower contracts (including contract signing) and coordination of pollination and roguing service providers.
- Communication with growers and other agronomists regarding logistics such as seed movement from Washington to Southern Alberta for cleaning.
- Support the sales, marketing, and supply chain on product movement and requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Work collaboratively as a team, both internally and with growers, to meet or exceed KPI targets.
- Manage production team to not only hit quantitative targets but ensure extremely high-quality product.
- Maintain solid, trusting, respectful relationships with growers, team members, and the leadership team, demonstrating a desire to learn and grow with the company.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary education in Agriculture preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the agriculture industry.
- Minimum 3+ years management experience.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong leadership skills with ability and desire to coach and mentor.
- Strong organizational skills & capable of working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Great communication skills & an ability to work independently or within a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Agricultural experience or knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Independent thinker
- Takes initiative
- Enjoys problem solving and leading others through challenges
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join HyTech Production Ltd. in the role of Production Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AEOM-541460.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *