Job ID 5466
Our client, a leader in the distribution industry, with longevity in business and a proven history of success, has a need for a Regional Manager, Health & Safety based in Edmonton. This organization is highly established, has a strong reputation in market and continues to grow and thrive. As this is a confidential search, details on the organization will be released only to those short-listed for the opportunity.
The Regional Manager, Health & Safety will report to senior leadership and will be responsible for creating the health and safety vision for the organization, influencing leadership and staff, and creating engagement to the plan for proactive adoption. In addition, this individual will execute on the vision by being hands-on to troubleshoot, mitigate risks, conduct incident reports and investigations, oversee health & safety training, develop policy, oversee COR certification and process, manage WCB process and claims and other requirements of the role deemed necessary to fulfill on the vision.
The successful individual will provide support to all departments on occupational health & safety to create employee capacity at all levels in recognizing, assessing, and managing risk. It is critical that the successful candidate understands how to meet mandated safety regulations and requirements while respecting the need for workplace productivity and operational practicality.
- Set a positive example for safety across the company to promote proactive safety activities from all staff with a hands-on mentality that drives a clear safety culture.
- Promotes continuous health and safety improvements, and the engraining of safe work behaviors as part of day-to-day thinking, managing and mitigating risk.
- Works with management teams to develop safety plans, conducts operational safety compliance inspections, including hazards analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Conduct training programs and sessions for supervisors and employees, with respect to occupational safety issues and to meet local, provincial, and federal OHS requirements.
- Design and write safety standards that conform to industry standards, federal, provincial, and local regulations.
- Monitor compliance with the company safety program by employees and subcontractors.
- Create and advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures for safety data.
- Perform analysis of accident and injury data and identify trends and safety management program needs, responsible for all WCB claims reporting and management.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Promote and enforce Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices.
- Analyze safety trends and make recommendations to leadership.
- Identify safety-training needs and coordinate safety-training programs.
- Facilitate and oversee monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Perform site inspections and recommend corrective actions.
- Responsible for driving success in accident prevention.
- Ensure there are common safety systems across the organization to increase compliance, build capability and share best practice.
- Increase the capability of Leaders within the organization to learn from potential incidents.
- Provide leadership in health & safety across the organization.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Create a health and safety vision for the organization, both short and long-term.
- Raise the profile of health and safety in the organization building a proactive and engaging health and safety environment.
- Ensure that initiatives are developed and implemented with the intention of adding value to the company efficiently while avoiding over complicated plans requiring excessive resources.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Safety Certifications including:
- Standard First Aid
- NCSO (National Construction Safety Officer) Certification
- Being a Forklift trainer or WHMIS trainer would be a benefit
- CSA Steel toed boots required. All other PPE is provided
- Class 5 Drivers License
- 5 years experience in Occupational Health and Safety with experience in distribution and/or transportation preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in building a health & safety vision for an organization along with executing it successfully.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Familiar with inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Superior ability to handle multiple demands and adaptable with changing business needs.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and conflict management skills to promote a safe working culture.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels within an organization.
- Collaborative with capability to work across cross functional teams and departments.
- Highly capable of taking initiative and making recommendations.
- Decisive & confident – well informed.
- Passion for success.
- Sound communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Ability to generate and assess reports making strategic recommendation and identifying gaps to success.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal, written and visual presentation).
- Proficient with presentations, databases and office software.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Enjoys change and leading others through it
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta. This position is required to be in the office and on site at various locations within Alberta. Approximately 10%-20% travel will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of Regional Manager, Health & Safety, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # APGF-413838.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *