Job ID 5488
Our Client, Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries. They are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of their clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. They deliver this through their technical capabilities, innovative approach, and their motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, their teams have expanded with approximately 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry. Applus+ is comprised of four divisions including Automotive, Energy & Industry, IDIADA, and Laboratories. With headquarters located in Spain, this global company offers a complete portfolio of solutions that address a range of needs, from asset integrity management to statutory compliance-based inspections in over 70 countries. Canadian head office operations are located in Edmonton and reach approximately 800 employees seasonally from coast to coast.
For more information on Applus+ please visit their website: https://www.applus.com/global/en/
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting & Tax Manager located in Edmonton, Alberta. The overall responsibility of this position is to ensure the timely and accurate completion of required monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and management reporting as outlined by both corporate head office and local management requirements; along with conducting financial analysis to add value to the leadership team and business. The Senior Accountant is responsible to ensure the general ledger accounts are properly maintained including processing reconciliations of accounts, preparing various working papers and schedules, and reviewing financial statements. While managing internal controls, the Senior Accountant is consistently evaluating financial operations to develop and optimize best accounting practice processes.
- Responsible for performing analytics and quality reviews on key finance processes (AR, AP, GL, etc.).
- Supports the Accounting and Tax Manager on internal and external audits.
- Initiates and processes general ledger and ensures balance sheet accounts are properly maintained, documented, supported, current, reconciled, accurate and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of revenues, expenses, and accruals.
- Reviews supporting contracts, orders and vouchers impacting general ledger detailed transactions, as required.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information detailing intercompany transactions and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize all intercompany transactions.
- Reconciles and manages all treasury accounts and transactions.
- Oversees treasury requirements, cash flow monitoring and bank reconciliation.
- Prepares required corporate tax, local tax, and capital expenditure reporting.
- Prepares month-end Financial Statements including editing any required accounting journal entries and preparing schedules as required for formal monthly reports.
- Prepares year-end files for the external auditors’ review.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations of all accounts by maintaining accounting schedules and supporting documents.
- Provides back-up support to other members of the finance team, as required.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Perform the accounting function in a timely manner while delivering with accuracy.
- Gain an understanding of the business and operations to support the Accounting & Tax Manager effectively and to provide financial analysis adding value to the business operations and leadership.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration or Accounting Diploma from an accredited College or University is preferred.
- CPA designation is an asset or working towards acquiring the designation with equivalent experience being considered in lieu.
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and financial analysis is needed.
- Sound knowledge of standard Canadian Accounting Practices with exposure to IFRS being ideal.
- Experience in working with SAP is an asset.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Industry knowledge of non-destructive testing is an asset but not a requirement.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Can establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public.
- Adapt in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve including identifying issues and finding a resolution in a timely manner.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta. This position will work under a hybrid model operating 3 days in the office.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Applus+ in the role of Senior Accountant, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AVPQ-302142.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *