Job ID 7105
Our client, AltaSteel was established in 1955 as the first steel maker in North America to commercialize the combination of recycled steel scrap, an electric furnace, a continuous caster, and a long-products rolling mill to make carbon steel products and serve a regional market — the first mini-mill in North America. People with vision, not afraid to challenge conventional thinking made AltaSteel revolutionary.
AltaSteel is a 100% owned subsidiary of a Japanese steelmaking company, Kyoei Steel Ltd. Kyoei Steel is the No.1 manufacturer of rebar in Japan and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Kyoei has been in business for over 75 years with facilities in Japan, Vietnam, United States, and Canada. Kyoei’s first footage in North America was in 1973 when it was built from scratch and operated Auburn Steel (now Nucor Auburn) in New York, USA. Since Kyoei’s founding, the company has successfully expanded its business through a slogan of “Spirit of Challenge” and entrepreneurship that comes with the spirit.
Sharing the same DNA and aligning AltaSteel’s long history with that of Kyoei Steel will allow AltaSteel to continue to be a leading supplier to our valued customers.
The Senior Infrastructure Analyst will report to the Director, IT and will ensure that AltaSteel’s 24 hour/365-day business operations and processes are executed effectively and efficiently by the implementation, support and maintenance of a reliable information technology network, server and storage structure.
- Compliance with safety policies and completion of required safety observations
- Install and configure network switches, firewalls and other wired/wireless LAN and WAN networking equipment.
- Inspect, maintain, and where necessary replace network cabling, voice/data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
- Monitor and maintain complex network for performance and other potential issues, managing through to resolution.
- Support plant floor end user production systems that are connected to our network.
- Architecture and deployment of Domain (Active Directory Services), DHCP, DNS, O365, Teams, SharePoint and SQL Services
- Implementation and maintenance of corporate backup systems
- Interact with third party vendors.
- Identify, coordinate and participate in IT improvement projects.
- Ensure Corporate IT security policies and procedures are enforced in the network, server and storage environment to protect from unauthorized access.
- Maintain and enhance corporate IT policies and procedures following Industry best practices.
- Understand the business needs and commitment to deliver high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Gain a full understanding of business operations and the role IT plays within each business unit.
- Enhance IT systems, ensuring their reliability, and executing initiatives to continually improve and optimize their technological infrastructure.
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships within the team, colleagues and leadership team.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Minimum 2-year diploma in a computer systems related program, with a focus on network, server and storage.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience of directly related work experience in network/system administration and support for a small/medium business environment.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of a firewall, network router and switches.
- Working knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs and Wi-Fi and other network protocols
- Working knowledge/experience with VPN (Site-to-site and remote)
- Working knowledge/experience with Cisco Meraki firewalls and access points
- CCNA or CCNP is an asset.
- Experience maintaining an onsite Data Center.
- Experience in Microsoft Server Products: Windows Servers, SQL Servers, O365, Teams and SharePoint
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and Azure
- Experience in virtualization environment (VMware and Hyperconverged Infrastructure)
Competencies and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Linux Server
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player
- Taking initiative and having a passion for positive results
- Experience supporting a 24/7 manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Positive attitude and energy
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Respectful of others
- Collaborative and team player
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
- Flexible and open to taking on additional initiatives to assist the team when needed.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of Senior Infrastructure Analyst, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AXTH-031857.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Tammy Berge at 587-200-0114 ext. 103.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *