Job ID 4696
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries. They are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of their clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. They deliver this through their technical capabilities, innovative approach, and their motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, their teams have expanded with over 18,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry. Applus+ is comprised of four divisions including Automotive, Energy & Industry, IDIADA, and Laboratories. With headquarters located in Spain, this global company offers a complete portfolio of solutions that address a range of needs, from asset integrity management to statutory compliance-based inspections in over 70 countries. Canadian head office operations are located in Edmonton and reach approximately 800 employees seasonally from coast to coast.
For more information on Applus+ please visit their website: www.applus.com
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the main responsibility of the Senior Tax Analyst is to prepare and review federal and provincial tax returns, assist with tax planning and budgeting, and facilitate basic accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely filed tax returns and unplanned financial impacts. The successful candidate will analyze corporate tax policies to ensure they are compliant with provincial and federal regulations and will oversee preparation for and conducting of audits.
- Prepare and review Federal and Provincial tax returns.
- Interface and manage outsourced tax partners.
- Ensure all deadlines including annual reporting are met.
- Prepare annual budgets for Federal and Provincial taxes.
- Preparation of working papers to support the quarterly and annual forecasts of tax provisions.
- Ensure that all tax reserves reported on balance sheet are proper and supportable.
- Help with tax planning for Applus+ Canada. This includes but is not limited to:
- Annual Tax Cash Flows Budget
- Monthly Tax Cash Flows Actuals including Variance Explanations
- Tax Cash Forecast/Forecasting income tax cash flows and P&L impacts for the coming year.
- Review, monitor, and respond to incoming tax assessments and notices.
- Main contact for corporate tax planning and reporting.
- Establish and maintain electronic and thorough recordkeeping of all tax and supporting documentation.
- Plan for and develop overall tax calendar for organizational purposes.
- Coordinate, review, and maintain Transfer Pricing report and policies in utilizing external provider and coordinating with Applus+ Corporate Tax Teams.
- Administer Tax Audits directly with Tax Authorities with or without external support (preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.).
- Monitor the statutory changes in Federal and Provincial taxes and implement changes to systems/processes on timely basis to mitigate risk to the group.
- Assist with the general ledger and balance sheets; ensuring accounts are properly maintained, documented, current, reconciled, and accurate and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Assist with month end close and financial statements preparation.
- Assist with preparation and editing of accounting journal entries.
- Assist with internal and external audit, coordinate items per audit PBC lists, prepare and review work papers and supporting documents, address audit query and issues.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Tax returns, GST, and other tax filings are prepared in an accurate and timely manner.
- Tax balance sheets are properly reconciled.
- Drive efforts to maximize benefit from input tax credits.
- Legacy issues regarding corporate tax filings have been cleaned up.
- Post secondary education in Accounting, Taxation, or Finance.
- Accounting designation is required (or working towards designation).
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of Tax & Accounting experience.
- Must have related experience in preparation of corporate tax returns, income tax provision, indirect taxes (GST, NR4, etc.) and government audits.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Knowledge of IFRS, taxation compliance, legislation, and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting principles and business acumen.
- An understanding of GAAP including demonstrated experience in interpretation; application and implementation supported by strong analytical and planning skills is required.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills required.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Highly driven.
- Strong attention to detail and takes pride in accuracy.
- Analytical with problem solving skills
- Likes to “dive in” and focus on moving the business forward in an accurate and timely manner.
- Open to challenge and thrives in an environment that is solution focused.
- A team player that enjoys the complexities of a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong communicator that keeps leadership abreast of the details.
- Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Enjoys fast pace and change.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Applus+ in the role of the Senior Tax Analyst, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ARWY-665374.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *