Job ID 5450
Our client, The Little Potato Company (LPC), began its journey in 1996 with the owners (Jacob and Angela – father and daughter) wanting to be able to produce little creamer potatoes, like what Jacob knew from his Dutch roots. They grew their first acre by hand; planting, weeding, harvesting, and washing it themselves. They then packed them into the back of Angela’s hatchback, setting off to farmers markets and restaurants. The potatoes were popular with chefs early on, with one of their first accounts being the Banff Springs Hotel. Jacob and Angela bought their first plant in 2000 and with their continued success, have expanded to increasingly larger facilities over the years with their current production facility located in west Edmonton. With further expansion and growth across Canada and into the United States, LPC partnered with a co-packing plant in PEI and opened a second production plant in DeForest, Wisconsin. Today, Angela leads the organization as CEO and Jacob runs a research and breeding company for little potatoes. The Little Potato Company has grown to have products on store shelves in every Province in Canada and State in the United States and operates with over 360 employees across Canada and the United States.
The Little Potato Company continues to experience growth year over year and continue to be the market leading producer of Creamer potatoes. They continue to set their sights high with their purpose being to “Save the Potato. Feed the World, better” where “everyone, everywhere deserves to have healthy, great food”. At The Little Potato Company, they believe in living by a set of deeply held core values representing both their history and how they strive to live every day to make the world a better place. The core values that guide their corporate family are:
Importance of Family: We are a family-based Company and since our prime support comes from our family, we encourage a healthy work-life balance. We honour the place that family has in our employees’ lives.
Go Beyond: We acknowledge that employees come to us with their own experience and resources. We support and encourage our employees to go beyond what they bring, beyond what they envision they can do, and certainly beyond a mere job description. We trust in our employees’ passion and creativity so that they can extend themselves not just for the Company, but for themselves.
Elevate others: We are a diverse and inclusive work environment that embraces new ideas and ways of doing. When we enhance another by recognizing their skills and expertise we contribute to an overall feeling of worth.
Down To Earth: We are approachable and recognize the common humanity of all. We do not pretend to be other than what we are. Whether we are in the office, in the plant, in the field or with a customer we are approachable, genuine, and warm.
Do What You Say: We walk our talk. Being honest and impeccable really means that we waste no time in pretending, glossing over, or making unfounded promises. We are reliable, accountable and our words communicate an actual reality.
It is a great time to join The Little Potato Company as they continue to grow and be a North American producer of their unique, healthy, and delicious Little Potatoes! For further information on The Little Potato Company, please visit their website at www.littlepotatoes.com.
The Social Media & Community Specialist will be a key member of the marketing team with a primary focus on leading the management of the company’s social media and community channels. This includes social channel content, ambassador and influencer programs, as well as community engagement and social listening.
The successful candidate will be responsible for metrics related to engagement in corporate social media accounts and ambassador/influencer programs. Amalgamating and sharing insights from the company’s community engagement and social listening will be a critical piece to help ensure the marketing and sales teams hear the voice of consumer. This individual will work in collaboration with the marketing department, external and internal stakeholders, as well as brand ambassadors to deliver required KPIs and insights.
Social Media Management
- Collaborate with Marketing Lead and Digital Specialist to align core content values that will be delivered across corporate marketing channels.
- Create a social media content calendar to ensure support of all key messages and translate calendar into individual posts/stories.
- Develop content for the company’s main social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok) in line with brand strategy and business objectives.
- Utilize the corporate brand’s tone of voice and adapt for each segment/platform to ensure audience engagement.
- Develop content captions and support with photography and videography.
- Brief the Lead of Creative Projects on social media visual asset needs.
- Schedule posts using scheduling software and tracks outcomes of all content to ensure posts create engagement/action and report metrics back to the team.
- Create and implement a plan to ensure response times of two hours to posts within 12 hour working hour window (considering time zones), potentially leveraging software and automation.
- Develop and implement a plan to bring the human element to the company’s connection with consumers across social media and through customer service.
- Ensure consistency of tone of corporate community engagement across all platforms, including Google reviews.
- Initiate and maintain a reputation management strategy, including reputation management software and social listening.
- Review trends in social listening a minimum of twice per week and communicate urgent items or opportunities to marketing management team as appropriate.
- Share trends and insights with the marketing team monthly and daily as appropriate.
- Work with Marketing Lead to develop a plan for ambassadors and influencers, including respective roles, the profiles of ambassadors/influencers and identifying marketing initiatives to support.
- Assist the Marketing Lead on the contact process for ambassadors.
- Outline content plan and expectations for ambassador/influencer partnerships.
- Collaborate with ambassadors/influencers to ensure contract deliverables are met, including ensuring they have content, that posts are executed, and that analytics are provided.
- Ensure relevant ambassador/influencer content is reflected on the website, social channels and potentially through promotions, advertisements, campaigns, etc.
- Create an employee engagement strategy for the organization’s social media content to ensure that employees are helping to drive expanded reach.
- Lead the functional relationship with agencies on projects related to social media, writing, social listening/reputation management and ambassadors/influencers.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Increased rates of engagement with the corporate brand through social media platforms.
- On time, on budget delivery of social media, social listening, and ambassador/influencer marketing activities.
- Through a comprehensive audit of social media platforms, determine efficient road map to steer content to align with respective audiences.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary education in Marketing or Communications.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a digital role, with a heavy focus on social media and influencer marketing.
- Experience creating and executing social media content plans across a variety of channels.
- Experience in community management and social listening.
- Experience managing ambassador and/or influencer marketing programs.
- Experience working with agencies, freelancers and/or contractors.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Proficient analyzing performance metrics for social media and influencer marketing and making data-based recommendations.
- Proficiency using social media tools, including social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok), social media monitoring tools (e.g. Sprout Social), influencer marketing platforms, and Google (e.g. Analytics, Reviews).
- Proficiency in project management.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Understanding of content marketing and how to apply it across channels
- Understanding of how to apply brand guidelines to content.
- Ability to leverage data and insights to craft content strategies.
- Ability to enroll team members in digital/content plans and keep them engaged as the vision comes to life.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, unstructured, and highly changing environment.
- Can take responsibility for decisions and corresponding outcomes.
- Ability to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Passionate about social media
- A desire to work in a growing, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly accountable
- Data minded
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Willing to test new methods and practices without fear of setbacks
- Highly motivated
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton, Alberta preferred, with consideration given to Vancouver, BC or other locations within Alberta & BC
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join The Little Potato Company in the role of the Social Media & Community Role, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AQDC-744367.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *