Job ID 7164
Our client, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac), is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America, with an average annual production of 640,000 tonnes of high-quality pulp.
Al-Pac is a leader in their industry since beginning operations in 1993, from their quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way the company grows and develops their team members and work with local communities. Al-Pac is continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility.
Vision: to be a good neighbour with $1 billion in diversified revenue by 2031.
Purpose: as stewards of the resources entrusted to us, we make a positive impact where we work and live.
Strategy: diversify revenues through investment in complementary industries creating a diversified business hub that is differentiated by environmental stewardship, social impact, and strong governance.
Values: Al-Pac is a values-based organization. Our values shape our culture and ensure that our decisions support our vision, purpose and strategy:
- Inclusion: we leverage diverse perspectives to make the best decisions.
- Collaboration: we partner with others across the organization and work together to accomplish shared objectives.
- Achievement: we drive results.
- Growth: we champion a culture of learning and innovation.
For further information about Al-Pac, please visit their website at www.alpac.ca.
The Specialist, Communications & Organizational Change Management will report to the Supervisor, Communications & Organizational Change Management and is responsible for supporting operational execution of internal and external communications and internal organizational change management (OCM) initiatives.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Communications & Organizational Change Management, the job plays a key role in the development and implementation of corporate communications and organizational change management (OCM) strategies and plans in support of the company’s corporate objective. This includes collaboration with internal clients and stakeholders to deliver high-quality, professional and impactful corporate communications and OCM services and products. The Specialist leads communications & OCM projects as directed by the Supervisor, responds to business service requests, and develops and implements communications and OCM plans to support business objectives, other business units, business functions and teams, as well as projects across the organization.
- Works closely with leaders, other teams within the department, all other departments, business units and business functions.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to maintain and grow knowledge of divisions, departments, business units and business functions to build cohesive working relationships.
- Interacts with vendors and other industry communications and OCM professionals.
Internal & External Communications & OCM
- Support corporate communication activities.
- Develop & implement communications and OCM strategies and plans for internal clients, and provide communications and OCM expertise, guidance and best practice advice to internal clients.
- Lead projects, and coordinate and manage external resources as required.
- Work with vendors and external resources as required.
- Draft, design and edit professional communications, marketing and promotional materials for print and digital platforms in alignment with, and in support of, Al-Pac’s brand and business objectives.
- Develop OCM materials as required.
- Support preparation of complex documents using a variety of computer applications and tools, research, gather and summarize information and data, and develop reports, briefings, presentations and information packages.
Stakeholder Engagement (Internal)
- Engage and collaborate effectively with internal clients and stakeholders to develop effective communications and OCM strategies, plans, materials and collaterals in alignment with Al-Pac practices, accountabilities and policies.
- Build effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders and provide consistent professional services in support of business objectives.
- Comply with the organization’s policies and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements and codes of conduct to ensure individual work adheres to those standards.
Professional Skills Building
- Develop professional skills by participating in assessment and development activities, as well as formal and informal training and coaching.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant technology and industry best practices for communications and OCM through ongoing education and reading specialist media.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Work alongside the Supervisor in developing the communications strategy, service level agreements and operational plan to execute communications & OCM effectively and proactively.
- Execute key projects and unplanned business service requests in a timely manner and in accordance with established service level agreements.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Communications, Organizational Change or a related field.
- 5-7 years professional experience in corporate communications and OCM, preferably in the forest or natural resource development sectors.
- Experience with professional writing, print and digital design, social media content development and branding.
- Strong understanding of organizational change management principles and methodologies (Prosci® certification is an asset), and experience applying OCM principles within a corporate setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with communications, graphic design and project management tools and programs.
Knowledge & Skills
Communication – uses clear and effective verbal, written and presenting communication skills with diverse audiences without supervision.
Computer Skills – develops and supports business processes and workflows with systems acumen without supervision.
Strategic Planning – develops and implements action plans to achieve objectives, including timelines and resource needs.
Planning & Organizing – plans, organizes, prioritizes and manages activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
Project Management – uses expertise to develop and implement project plans, including setting milestones and timelines, and identifying resource requirements.
Policy, Procedures & Regulation – works with guidance to interpret and understand policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
Interpersonal & Organizational Savvy – engages in effective communication and builds positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, vendors and external resources with good judgement, tact, discretion and trust.
Confidentiality – maintains organizational, business function and individual confidentiality and manages private, sensitive and confidential information accordingly.
Decision Quality – making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Ensures Accountability – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives Results – consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Optimize Work Processes – knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Builds Effective Teams – building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Collaborates – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning – actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Instil Trust – gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Ability to manage complexity
- Effective communicator
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Compliance and conflict management skills
- Highly accountable and ensures that of their team
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Enjoys change and leading others through it
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Maintains confidentiality
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
St. Albert, Alberta
Al-Pac professional staff work Monday – Thursday from 7am – 5pm. This is a hybrid role with opportunity to work 2 days in office and 2 days at home.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. in the role of Specialist, Communications, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AJGJ-850262.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Max Frank at 587-200-0114 ext. 102.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit: www.profoundtalent.com
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *