Job ID 718
TALENT ACQUISITION MANAGER
Our client, AutoCanada, is a leading North American multi-location automobile dealership group that operates 68 franchised dealerships within North America. They are comprised of 27 brands with dealership locations in eight provinces in Canada as well as a group in Illinois, USA. In Canada, AutoCanada currently sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT, Alfa Romeo, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Infiniti, Nissan, Hyundai, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Audi, Volkswagen, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Smart, BMW, MINI, Volvo, Lincoln, and branded vehicles. In 2017, their Canadian dealerships sold approximately 63,000 vehicles and processed approximately 870,000 service and collision repair orders in their 999 service bays.
AutoCanada’s success has been based on buying family-owned dealerships and letting them flourish as part of a larger network. The US acquisitions included eight metro dealerships in Chicagoland, selling and servicing five different brands. The acquisition agreement also included six luxury and premium brands in an automall under one roof in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. Grossinger is the oldest and longest continuously operated automotive retailer in Illinois, operating with 200 service bays across the platform and employing over 700 people. In 2017, the acquired dealerships sold 7,626 new vehicles and 7,304 used vehicles.
This Edmonton, Alberta success story has been accomplished through a dedicated team of over 4200 employees. Having started the business as a family run, entrepreneurial business; they are pleased with the substantial growth over the years allowing them to reach new potential and to be traded publicly on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. This multi-brand and geographical diversified strategy enables them to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits that are not available to single location dealerships.
For further information on AutoCanada, please visit their website at www.autocan.ca.
AutoCanada is searching for a top talent Talent Acquisition Manager for their Edmonton head office. This is a new role within the organization that will be focused on creating the national talent acquisition plan and processes; along with aligning the brand of AutoCanada with the internal recruitment strategy. You will develop and lead a world class talent acquisition organization focused on hiring only the best talent in industry.
The successful individual will be the subject matter expert in talent acquisition and will design, create and direct AutoCanada’s hiring initiatives including supporting the Human Resource Managers with all talent acquisition needs for their internal client groups. You will also be responsible for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the hiring process and serving as a valuable brand ambassador. The Talent Acquisition Manager will work with internal clients across AutoCanada to source, recruit, and onboard key talent in all aspects of the full-cycle recruitment process. The successful candidate is self-motivated to find top talent to assist the company in meeting their strategic goals. This highly visible position will need to network and develop strong business relationships both internally, with all levels of management, and externally within the industry. This person will pursue and develop recruiting and HR excellence for the organization.
- Drive the development of innovative activities to enhance and promote AutoCanada’s recruitment brand
- Research, identify and recommend best practices for full cycle recruitment function, including alternative staffing strategies
- Implements sourcing initiatives to assist in building candidate base
- Work with AutoCanada HR team on pre-employment processing and other HR related initiatives
- Manage the company’s talent acquisition process including posting positions, candidate sourcing and screening, selection and offer process
- Ensures positive candidate experience from initial contact to offer to hire and onboarding
- Partner with other stakeholders for new hire onboarding and orientation sessions
- Act as a business partner and advisor to the hiring managers in completing workforce planning and identifying gaps and positions to hire for
- Coordinate and lead recruitment training for managers throughout the company
- Collaborate, in a timely manner, with hiring managers to identify immediate and future staffing needs, job specifications, duties and responsibilities, competencies, qualifications, and skills
- Build and maintain a pool of key talent, engaging with talent continuously to build a strong pipeline
- Develop targeted recruiting relationships, sources, and other vehicles to increase brand awareness and generate passive candidates
- Works closely with HR and Hiring Managers to ensure that job descriptions and compensation structures are established and on file for all open requisitions
- Proactive research of competitors to keep on top of the changes within the industry
- Provide excellent client service both internally (at all levels of the organization) & externally
- Develop a deep understanding of AutoCanada’s business model, culture and industry to assess applicant fit and skills to successfully identify top quality candidates
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Development of a Talent Acquisition strategy for AutoCanada that will support the company vision to be the premier auto retailer in North America.
- Develop and implement recruitment tools and processes for the dealerships to acquire talent.
- Build and maintain talent pools for key dealership positions including General Managers, General Sales Managers, Finance Managers, etc.
- Possess a deep understanding of AutoCanada’s business model, culture and industry to assess applicant fit and skills to successfully attract the right talent for the business.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the operational and strategic objectives of AutoCanada and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related discipline with a specialization in human resources;
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a Recruiter in either a corporate or agency environment;
- Experience building, and leading teams is an asset;
- Experience in developing talent acquisition programs and processes that are best in class;
- Skill in researching, identifying and assessing talent in the market;
- Skilled in using technology and social media such as LinkedIn to research and proactively source talent;
- A proven ability to be a brand ambassador and to elevate the corporate brand for the purposes of attracting talent into an organization;
- Knowledge and skill in working with an applicant tracking system with the ideal candidate having experience with ADP;
- Demonstrated skill in creating and maintaining candidate pipelines;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of MS Office; as well as other programs as required;
- Experience recruiting for a national retailer preferably in the automotive industry would be considered an asset.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the desire to be part of a team that is building a world class organization;
- A highly innovative individual that stays abreast of industry trends and talent acquisition approaches staying in front of the best talent in the business;
- A resourceful individual that approaches new tasks with a creative can-do mindset;
- Attention to the fine details that are needed in managing a recruitment process;
- A respect for all individuals in the applicant process “treating people the way you would want to be treated”; including post recruitment follow up with all candidates;
- Ability to work independently and self-manage; but also work well with other team members in a consultative and collaborative manner;
- A malleable personality where you demonstrate grace and poise with individuals at all levels within an organization and with external stakeholders;
- A positive personality that focuses on the “glass half full” and operates with a “can-do” attitude;
- The ability to “read” and be perceptive of a situation;
- An assertive personality where you can “speak up” or “push back” when necessary.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join AutoCanada in the role of the Talent Acquisition Manager please email your resume to Terri Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # ARNU-832828.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101 or Lisa Goddard at ext. 102. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *