Job ID 6233
ProFound Talent Inc. emerged from a dream and a belief by its Founder, Terri Davis, that we only have one life to live; and we need to live it with purpose and passion. With a desire to become an entrepreneur and with the dream to help organizations and individuals become more than they believed they could be, she left a stable career as a Partner at a national executive search firm to bring extraordinary talent management solutions to the market.
The ProFound story began in 2013 after a meeting with an executive. This executive questioned why search firms in Canada did not specialize in sport? This intrigued Terri to conduct further research to understand why the need for the specialization. Upon numerous conversations with executives in all industries, it was apparent that they did not require specialization, but they did want to be special. They wanted to be heard, they wanted a customized process unique to their needs and they wanted quality results the first time! With industry and business becoming increasingly competitive, they were looking for ways to increase their competitive advantage through their people – their corporate talent.
ProFound Talent Inc. started operations in 2016 to help organizations elevate their game through their people. With over 40-years of combined industry experience, the ProFound Talent team understands what it takes to find the best-suited candidates, perfectly paired to our client’s brand values and corporate culture. Our expertise spans virtually every industry and across both public and private sectors. Our expertise is with PEOPLE, providing Executive & Professional Recruitment and Career Transition services.
We are a different type of executive search firm. We’re less conventional, always approachable, and not afraid to think outside the box. We eliminate the typical pain points of traditional agencies for our clients. We love meeting curious, authentic, values-driven, and passionate people who share our vision in building a customer experience second to none.
ProFound Talent’s Values:
- Believe & Inspire
- Treat People as They Want to Be Treated
- Communicate Authentically
- Commit to Quality Results
- Be Trusted and Accountable
- Work Differently & Uniquely
For more information on ProFound Talent Inc, please visit www.profoundtalent.com
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small”
– Richard Branson
ProFound Talent is a 7-year-old business with BIG DREAMS and aspirations! We are continuing to expand, diversify and disrupt our industry by listening to our clients and providing them with the forward-thinking solutions they desire.
As an Executive Search Specialist, you will be at the forefront of the customer experience. You will start by learning our business and being mentored to provide the quality and profound experience that our clients deserve and expect. You will be involved in all aspects of talent acquisition including identifying opportunities, developing the business, understanding our client project needs, writing search profiles, developing a sourcing strategy, researching the talent market, making sourcing/ “headhunting” calls, interviewing, facilitating behavioral assessments, managing the art of employment offer negotiation, reference checking and most importantly communication.
Ideally, you will have had experience in recruitment at the executive and/or professional level with experience in agency recruitment being preferred. You will have a maturity in business and have demonstrated experience in communicating with all levels of an organization from a CEO to an HR Business Partner. You are confident, you enjoy building relationships, you have a curiosity and desire to learn, you have a drive for success and a commitment to the details. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in seeing results and making a positive impression with your clients.
The successful candidate will understand that we are an entrepreneurial organization where no job is beneath us. We flex to do what needs to get done and we have fun doing it! And in turn, we offer you flexibility to be the master of your domain.
Recruitment Project Management (80%)
- Full cycle recruitment project management from client needs assessment meeting until close of the search project.
- Attend client meetings and search kick offs to understand the search requirements.
- Translate client and candidate information into well written communication to support the search project.
- Responsible for making “headhunting”/sourcing and reference phone calls that require internal motivation, the ability to “cold call” and no fear of a phone conversation.
- Interviewing candidates as part of the selection process identifying skill and personal attributes that support the search requirements.
- Long-list candidate presentation to client.
- Arrange all client/candidate interviews requiring excellent communication, organizational skills, and commitment to detail.
- Attend and facilitate client interviews.
- Follow up communication with both clients and candidates as to the status of the search and their candidacy.
- Conduct formal reference checks and manage the background check process.
- Assist in the negotiation of the employment offer.
- Close out the search and all candidate applications.
- Regular follow up with clients and candidates.
Business Development (20%)
- Attend networking events to build presence and brand visibility for ProFound Talent.
- Identify new career opportunities by staying attuned to the market through conversations with clients, candidates, and other business relationships in market.
- Build on existing client relationships staying connected for top- of- mind presence.
- Drive new business through cold calling when required.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Learn the ProFound way – with focus on quality results, a high level of communication, gaining repeat customers, word of mouth referrals and returning candidates.
- Manage multiple projects keeping timelines and project commitments on track with attention to detail ensuring nothing slips through the cracks.
- Be committed to the CRM using it at full capacity inputting accurate and detailed information.
- Accountable to your word, reliable and a self starter that communicates regularly building internal and external trust.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of ProFound Talent and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Business, Commerce, or Human Resources is ideal with related experience being considered.
- A PMP (Project Management Professional) designation would be a valuable asset, but not a requirement.
- 2-5 years of experience in working as a Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Specialist with the ideal candidate having external agency experience. Transferable skills will be considered.
- A sales background in selling a service or solution requiring strong relationship management skills, would be considered an asset.
- An extrovert who enjoys building relationships through one-on-one communication, can pick up the phone for a conversation and enjoys “old school” communication styles.
- A high level of curiosity with the genuine desire to ask questions and to learn about business and people.
- Exceptional communication skills with a high attention to grammar, both written and verbal are mandatory.
- Needs to be resourceful; will research and dig for information when it is not readily available.
- Can multi-task by using systematic project management skills ensuring balls are not dropped.
- Incredibly organized with the ability to work diligently while retaining information and insight into a variety of projects.
- Is intuitive in conversations understanding what is not being said with the ability to bring it forward.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge with experience in being a trusted advisor for organizations.
- Experience or a desire to operate in a start-up, entrepreneurial operation where policies, processes, and plans are limited; yet innovation and excitement are prominent.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and help out wherever needed.
- Live the value of accountability with our customers, our colleagues and self.
- Delivers with quality results.
- Technological aptitude with experience in the full Microsoft Suite of products and CRM software systems.
- An impeccable work ethic.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- A self starter that is highly motivated and driven to succeed.
- Above average communicator both written and verbal.
- Must be able to wear multiple hats and be comfortable balancing several projects at one time.
- Organized to a fault.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas.
- Innovative and a disruptor in market; not afraid to take calculated risks and break through the glass ceiling.
- A strong communicator that keeps customers, leadership and colleagues informed.
- Walks the talk, accountable to your word.
- Likes to have fun, laugh, celebrate success, and, come together to support in challenging times.
- Has GRIT; you never let an obstacle stop you from achieving what is desired.
- A team player.
ProFound Talent operates under a flexible work arrangement with each team member working remotely. We come together physically at meaningful and intentional times to strategize, build team spirit and comradery. You must reside in Edmonton, Vancouver or Calgary.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join ProFound Talent Inc. in the role of Talent Acquisition Specialist, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# AJMJ-117842.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
ProFound Talent is a woman owned and operated business, recognized and certified by Women Business Enterprise (WBE). We pride ourselves in supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives in our recruitment processes and in our work environment, where every individual feels valued and respected. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to which you may confidentially share your accommodation needs at time of application. We will adjust our processes to ensure you have an inclusive, fair, and respectful experience that allows you to represent yourself in your unique and most authentic way.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions, however only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *