Job ID 5073
Our client, McCue Engineering Contractors is an award-winning Canadian engineering, manufacturing and construction company dedicated to water. They supply leading edge, pre-packaged and custom water and wastewater treatment systems, and have a proven track record of delivery and customer service. They pride themselves on being nimble, entrepreneurial, and responsive. No water problem is too complex.
McCue Environmental a distributor of DUST/BLOKR®. DUST/BLOKR® is a spray applied, non-corrosive, non-toxic, dust suppressant that improves road conditions, increases haul road productivity, improves fuel economy, extends vehicle life, reduces carbon footprint, and provides excellent aesthetics. Your dust stops here.
McCue is 50% women owned SME, operated by Environmental Professionals. They are 100% Canadian Owned and are located in Delta, British Columbia. They foster equity, diversity, and inclusion both in the office and in the field. After 20 years in business, they are confident they can treat your water.
For further information on McCue Engineering Contractors, please visit their website at www.mccuecontracting.com.
The Technical Sales Director will report to the President & CEO and will be responsible for creating and maintaining sales systems that will provide the company with ongoing and predictable revenue growth to meet the company’s strategic goals. The successful individual be the subject matter expert on DUST/BLOKR® and ROAD//STABILIZR® products and will be the key point of contact for clients, answering queries, providing technical advice, and demonstrating how to use new products and/or services.
The Technical Sales Director will use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on dust suppressant and road stabilizing products both internally and externally. The successful individual will provide technical assistance with bids and tenders, providing both pre and post sales advice. This individual will provide excellent customer support and will mentor members of the sales team, liaising with leaders across all departments with accountability for overall sales and revenue drivers within the organization.
- Create, implement, and maintain a Strategic Sales Plan that provides a blueprint for all the company’s business development activities. This Plan will ask and answer the three core questions: What do you sell? Who do you sell to? How do you sell?
- Regularly update the Strategic Sales Plan to adapt to shifts in the marketplace.
- Design a Sales Process that provides a framework for evaluating all prospective clients and opportunities.
- Design a Sales Pipeline that uses a real-time approach to accurately forecast future sales revenue.
- Implement a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to track the company’s accounts, contacts, and opportunities, and generate regular reporting of client-related activity.
- Develop an ideal client profile to allow for accurate qualifying of accounts and opportunities to meet the company’s value proposition(s).
- Create lead generation systems to identify, nurture and qualify leads.
- Execute the sales plan by making and developing client relationships to develop new business.
- Generate incremental sales revenue for the company.
- Build a sales team hiring as revenues grow over time.
- Develop account/opportunity specific tactical plans to advance these opportunities to closing.
- Identify strategic account criteria and develop tactical plans to manage these accounts.
- Be the client’s voice within the company, advocating on their behalf when necessary to maintain client satisfaction.
- Review relevant conferences/trade shows and provide recommendations regarding the company’s participation.
- Be the primary company representative at key client meetings and external events as mutually agreed upon by the senior management team.
- Prioritize work in consultation with Engineering Manager and Directors.
- Make recommendations to the Engineering Manager and Directors for operational changes/improvements.
- Communication with directors, management, engineers, workers, clients, and subcontractors will be a critical part of this position.
- Promote company values at all times.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Creation and implementation of a Strategic Sales Plan that clearly defines product lines, target market, and sales methodologies.
- Achievement of growth targets based on input from senior management team.
- Development of metrics for effectively measuring the success of marketing and sales strategies.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, or engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role selling to the construction or mining sectors.
- Leadership experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in a health and safety focussed environment.
- Demonstration of an innovative mindset where you seek solutions to problems and push through obstacles to create an innovative customer solution to meet their needs.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and employees.
- Can critically evaluate situations and make impartial decisions.
- A relationship sales approach where you develop and maintain ongoing engagement with clients.
- Ability to manage formal and informal communication channels with clients.
- Skilled at collecting and analyzing information.
- An aptitude to deal with ambiguity and make impartial decisions without having all information.
- Ability to maintain a neutral stance during conflict.
- Manages through conflict using constructive tools and establishing a cooperative environment.
- Ability to align processes with an organization’s strategic goals.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and ethical workplace behavior.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs
- Strong active listener
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Superb networking abilities
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
- Excellent research skills and a good eye for opportunities
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Delta, British Columbia
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join McCue Engineering Contractors in the role of Technical Sales Director, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AMFT-477015.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *